1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

THANK YOU CARBINE!

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Stich, Jan 6, 2014.

?

should you wear a dress because you wear light armour?

1. Yes absolutely!

18.3%
  2. No, i hate dresses!

30.1%
  3. Maybe, it depends

51.6%
  1. Stich

Stich Cupcake

thank you carbine for doing something that WoW and SWTOR and many other MMOS failed to do.

Light armour in WoW and SWTOR =wearing a dress regardless if you are male or female (characters)

but in wild star light armour to them is not wearing a dress, but just regular clothes and a shield generator.

that is one thing i love about the Esper and Spell slinger

god i always hated it in WoW with the mage wearing a dress, or the priest, warlock, and shaman.

not to mention the mentioned classes holding a weapon, was completely useless all it was, was a stick with numbers. The Esper and Spell slinger actually USE their weapons
  2. Nayukhuut`Chet

Nayukhuut`Chet Cupcake

I would like a choice personally. All the light armour I've seen in streams basically looks like hotpants and tank tops. Which, for me, is just as annoying.
    Azh Saana and CptElendi like this.
  3. Stich

Stich Cupcake

true but its better than wearing a dress, always made me laugh in pvp in swtor when my sage would look like a bounty hunter or a trooper, in heavy armour (was wearing adaptable armour), and enemy players would get confused when i suddenly started shooting balls of white light at them, not to mention my sage is body type 3, so he looks like he body builds.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

But...but....but......but.......

I never wore a dress......I (proudly) wore a ROBE!
    Sapien, Gôre, Zilong and 4 others like this.
  5. Makull

Makull New Cupcake

Does it really matter? Didn't Carbine say Wildstar has or will have costume/vanity gear support so you can always tweak the appearance of your character no matter what gear you wear?

I could be mistaken.
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. Stich

Stich Cupcake

it was a dress, <REDACTED> it off how ever you want its a dress
  7. Stich

Stich Cupcake

im sure they did, but my point being is, your not wearing a dress right from the get go, just because you shoot, magic
  8. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

Someone had to post this. I didn't mind robes, unless the color's were terrible.
    Eastwood, Sapien, Mhairi and 5 others like this.
  9. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

I think what is the point on the dress when your a mechari. I mean robots don'r reproduce..

do they????
    Extatica likes this.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

If you'd only know :rolleyes:
  11. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

I referred to them as battle garments.:up:
  12. Nayukhuut`Chet

Nayukhuut`Chet Cupcake

Again, seeing as how I'm female I disagree. I kinda liked the dresses and robes. :)
    Azh Saana likes this.
  13. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

Not all light armour was a dress in WoW and SWtOR. Sure the Robes were because .. well that is what a robe is. But there was also shirts and pants and vests and furry undies that were also classed as Light Armour.

It never really bothered me much I just hated mid level in anything where there was only 1 or 2 armour "sets" out there so you always looked like a gypsy or a homeless person with nothing that matched LOL
    God I miss my level 40's Jade armour set (i.e green bikini and thigh high boots HAH) on my female paladin lol

Sure the caster classes started out with Robes but, well thats what they wear. I mean jeez can you imagine an electrical magic caster wearing something made of metal, he wouldnt get much past a level 1 crispy fried pork chop
  14. Stich

Stich Cupcake

try telling that to my LIGHTNING spec sorcerer, wearing the same armor as my sage ^^
  15. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

HAH This is true. Its more where my imagination goes when I think about lightning and metal colliding form the person casting it :)
  16. Praiz

Praiz Cupcake-About-Town

Does he mean a robe?
  17. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

ya but you generally do not find the cooler looking armor until later, since we can only view lvl 1-15 content threw approved streams you should not let that get your hopes down while viewing those hotpants and tank tops :p
    Nayukhuut`Chet likes this.
  18. Borz

Borz Cupcake-About-Town

There is "stand back and chant for 10 minutes without moving" kind of magic, and there is also "move around, smack your foes, shoot them, jump around, fry their brainz" kind if magic.

Seeing as WildStar did not make their spellcasters ones of first kind, it's logical that they don't wear robes/dresses/bathrobes.
  19. Rial

Rial Cupcake

We should have both. I personally like robes, they contribute much to a magey feeling and they are stylish any way. I can see that robes don't fit all that much into W*, so they should be more rare than trousers, but they definitely should be in.

And why even stop at light armor robes? Does this look bad to you? (Or like a pretty dress?)
    [​IMG]
  20. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

..... They're Robes...