1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The amount of targeted players...

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Winzhi, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Winzhi

Winzhi New Cupcake

Do we know what kinda numbers Carbine is working with here? Are they over confident like most MMO's released the last decade or are they hanging around the 100,000 mark?

The funny thing is that before WoW, most MMOs probably didn't even have 100,000 players. I'd maybe even guess that 50,000 would have been pretty huge for them. But WoW brought that number up into the millions, and too many MMO companies wanted to get similar numbers themselves, pretty much killing their own game.

HOPEFULLY this lesson has been realized by now for most companies who are either currently in the MMO industry or who are looking to get into it. WoW was a perfect storm, and the MMO market is too saturated for another breakthrough MMO unless it does something that far surpasses what most MMOs do right now.

2. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

I'm hoping they go for a slow burn. But a lot of people have started paying attention to Carbine recently, hopefully it doesn't go to their heads...