1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kurik, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Outlaw Star was mentioned in another thread so I just wanted to see what other series you all like. What are your favorites and what are you currently watching if anything?

My favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Moribito, FLCL, Code Geass, Gundam Wing, Blue Exorcist, and many others.

Currently I'm watching Gundam Unicorn and Naruto Shippuden which I enjoy quite a bit.
    Loveless likes this.
  2. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

my favorites of the top of my head - One Piece, Naruto, Outlaw star, GTO, and Bleach

I am not watching anything now I do not think I have watched anime in years :(

Edit: I forgot to add Slayers to the list
    Loveless and Kurik Lein like this.
  3. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Have you watched Shippuden at all?
  4. ObliviousPrime

yeah a bit of the series and a movie or 2
  5. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

OK cool, when you have time I would definitely recommend getting caught up. It has gotten even more epic and surprisingly deep.
  6. Duckdee

Duckdee Cupcake-About-Town

Last year, I watched Kenichi: History's Strongest Disciple. Absolutely loved it.

And I wouldn't be who I am today without Pokemon. :p
    Loveless likes this.
  7. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Fullmetal Alchemist, the original one. The ending was intense. Still want to watch the new series one time.
    Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Fist of the North Star, Princess Mononoke. THose are oldies, but I'm old as well, haha.

More recently Fate Stay Night comes to mind. Didn't watch a lot of anime in the past and recently even less. Like watching it though, good stories in them.
    Irullan and Loveless like this.
  8. Kay niner

Kay niner New Cupcake

One Piece, Fairy Tail, TTGL, Blue Exorcist, Code Geass and Fullmetal: Brotherhood to name a few.
    Loveless likes this.
  9. ObliviousPrime

I will look into catching up. I have to go look for a good fansubbing group because I will not watch dubbed :sick:
  10. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

Check your inbox ;)
  11. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

For all things Naruto I would definitely recommend Crunchyroll, you can watch for free or pay a subscription. I like them because they are actually licensed to stream all their shows.
  12. ObliviousPrime

Thank you both very much :D
  13. WildZhen

WildZhen Cupcake-About-Town

Okay a lil bit shock no one put Death Note ?! cause the anime came before the manga. Well I am not watching anime any more just hated to have stuff that I liked ending with 12 episode and then having to look at the manga for a decent follow up (manga stories change from time to time so you had to read through from volume 1 hated that) so now I stick with mangas.

Now for what I remember:

-"Code Guess" (what's not to like, I remember when it came out think it was around the same as death note I thought damn is this another death note turns out it shared some similarities but not a death note copycat ^^)
    -"Hack roots" a final fantasy kind (to which they never gave a proper ending still like it for some weird reason)
    -"Gungrave" (simply magnificent...at least the beginning)/
    -"Ken survivant de l'enfer" (fr version of Ken fist of the north star) wink of the eye to Blackwolf.

-"Magi" (read the manga more than watching the anime but it is still pretty much the same )
    -"One outs" (no one should not know one outs)
    -"Samurai 7" and "Samurai champloo"/
    -"Guin Saga" (simply because it was...well at the time it came out maybe 2 years ago it kinda blew my mind story wise its pretty good and well It's guin/
    -"Basilisk" if blood doesn't scare you (well not that you have that much blood the story is just at another level of things like "Magi" (though I like it ) it's been years and Basilisk is one I can always remember simply art.

To be fair to Blackwolf "Princess mononoke" is a must see if no one ever watch it before get on it. Besides any work with the musical genius of Master Joe hisashi should be seen Imo.

Now you have a lot of different anime (Aoi no Exorcist known as Blue exorcist) I haven't put but would love because I am reading the mangas one could be "High school of the dead" or "Gantz" or even legends like "Berserk" or "Beck"(completed). but I want a thread on manga to do so.

Well now that are some I think I liked over the past years and these are some High quality entertainment just for you guys lol.

Note: Fate stay night is awesome also didn't put it because someone said it before.
    Loveless and Kurik Lein like this.
  14. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I used to read Manga a lot but now I just watch Anime. Not sure why, maybe because I'm getting lazy. :p
  15. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

I have watched tons. Nothing recently though.
  16. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

Cowboy Bebop
    FMA (I want to watch brotherhood, just haven't sat down with it yet...)
    Naruto
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Samurai Champloo
    Anything Studio Ghibli

I'm sure there are more that I like but I don't remember them off the top of my head.
    Loveless likes this.
  17. Kay niner

Kay niner New Cupcake

Oh! I forgot Trigun, Devil May Cry and Helsing!
  18. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Forgot to mention Kids on the Slope, same director as Cowboy Bebop and music done by Yoko Kanno.

19. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

I saw this thread and the first thing that came to mind was Death Note. That series was very interesting to me. I like shows with a lot of mind games and twists.
    Loveless and WildZhen like this.
  20. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Just started watching a new show called Maoyu on Cruchyroll, really interesting art style and story so far.