1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Big Beefy Beta Mega-Thread!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Echelon, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nexus Elites

Nexus Elites Cupcake

If WildStar allowed you to purchase a beta key, would you? And if so, how much would you pay? I'd totally shell out 20-30 bucks for a full access beta key, but probably not more.
  2. Rivele

Rivele Cupcake

i would stop caring about the game.

any company that will take money for beta access care more about money then they care about the quality of their game, especially if it is a bigger company with backing.

i have dealt with alot of games that did this and even though they got money the game still was not that great or turned out underwhelming just like they are just trying to get quick cash.
  3. Nexus Elites

Nexus Elites Cupcake

Probably true.
  4. AmilcarLuis

AmilcarLuis New Cupcake

I think that they will not sell closed beta keys because that will go against those company policies. What I think they will do is intensify the closed beta sent till the open beta.
  5. Goonhammer

Goonhammer New Cupcake

WildStar@WildStar
    "This week’s beta invites have gone out! That’s it for this phase of beta, so be sure to check your emails!" (via Twitter)

How many phases of beta are left? Is this the last closed phase thus meaning the next round of beta is open?

Discuss.
  6. Rivele

Rivele Cupcake

next phase should still be closed. they have not given a time as to when open beta should be, they don't even know when the game will launch yet.
  7. ButthurtDweller

ButthurtDweller New Cupcake

I personally think the way they are approaching the release is perfect. It's not the trend of recent where companies rush out an alpha for 30 or 40 bucks to get people to test it but instead the older style of keeping beta under wraps, allowing a few people in at a time to increase the want and demand. This build up incredible hype up through launch in order to ensure launch success as well as the overall success of the game. All Carbine has to do is deliver and from what I've seen so far they are well on their way to doing just that.
  8. Gardavil

Gardavil Cupcake

This. My enthusiasm for WildStar would evaporate like rain on a sunny day.

For the most part I am happy with how Carbine has designed the game, how it's managed it's self overall, but I am not happy with how Carbine decided to handle the beta Keys and how they got handed out. Even with this "beef" about the Keys I am still looking forward to WildStar.

But if Carbine sells Closed Beta access by issuing a Closed Beta Key to anyone that "purchases" one as Nexus Elites suggests in their question OR *IF* Players "acquire" a CB Key because they purchase a pre-order of the game (another MMO Industry practice I am at odds with), then my desire to purchase, subscribe to, and play WildStar will end.

If Carbine wants to give a Chua plushy to those who pre-purchase fine. If Carbine wants to hand out coffee mugs to people that send in limericks fine....

but if Carbine decides to "sell" Closed Beta access in any way shape or form (after they created a Beta Key program that utilized RNG more than anything else to decide who got into CB and who didn't) then I'll be looking for another MMO or be done with MMOs altogether (since there are no other MMOs I am interested in coming up).

I sure hope Carbine doesn't do that.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Ever been on a rainy day (mosoon) in the amazon while the sun shines? Trust me....it won't evaporate so easily :p
  10. Gardavil

Gardavil Cupcake

Does Panama in monsoon season count? Sure it takes a while before it gets evaporated, but it does go *poof*.

I do know what you mean, I would not like saying no to WildStar if they decided to sell CB access, but neither will I encourage them by not doing anything or buying a CB key. I would vote with my wallet and go elsewhere.
    Extatica likes this.
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Good job on this, seeing as I myself didn't even knew that there was a meaning behind my post :roflamo:

You really make me sound like I had a real smart ''idea'' behind that post :D I like you :inlove:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.