1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Recruiting The Black Vanguard | Dominion RP PvX | End-Game Focused

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparty Recruitment [Closed]' started by tbvofficer, Apr 21, 2013.

1. tbvofficer

tbvofficer New Cupcake

[​IMG]

Primary Contact: Warlord Rancor
    Faction: Dominion
    Region: NA
    Server Type: RP
    Size: Medium[30-40 Active Members]
    Launch Focus: RP, 20M Raiding, Competitive Arenas
    Possible Expanded Goals: 40M Raiding/Warplots

Site: http://tbv.ipbhost.com
    Voice Communications: tbv.teamspeak3.com

What is The Black Vanguard?:

TBV is a new guild in formation for the release of Wildstar. The intent of giving a home to players who have equal interest in roleplaying and end game content. Many people have expressed interest in finding a role playing guild where they can play end game content but not at the 25-30 hour commitment required by more serious guilds. Our goal is to give the experience of raiding and competitive pvp with the atmosphere of a small tight knit RP guild with mature community, which is why 40M raiding and warplots will not be included in our launch goals.

OOC Minimum Requirements:

Teamspeak 3 mandatory during raids/arena play unless otherwise excused
    Monthly site activity

Guild Goals:

To progressed towards end game content at a moderate pace with twenty man raids twice a week
    To form arena teams and battleground groups on off nights with the focus on competitive player verse player content
    To hold in guild RP events, and participate in large events organized by the server community

Attitudes and Expectations:

Inside of our teamspeak/and in game chat, we ask that members retain a light hearted and positive mindset to approaching the game and other community members. As veterans of MMOs, we understand that no game will release without bugs, unbalances, and non-guild members who are rude. It is our ability to look pass these issues as mature adults that will define the guild to the rest of the community and improve the overall vibe within.

These attitudes changed during raids and arena matches, while we don't expect the same hours as a 'hardcore' guild, we expect that you bring your A game to competitive pve and pvp. Members are asked to be on TS3 during these times, and prepare accordingly with consumables/build and gear research/and put the needs of the guild ahead of their own.

RP Foundation:

As the Dominion expanded, it recognized the need to control pirates and hostile fleets within and on the edges of its borders. It issued letters of marque to select ship captains enabling them to become legal corsairs within the Empire. These powerful individuals who maintained their own ships and crew set out to seek profit, adventure, and honour for their family's name. The initial results of these corsairs humbled even the doubts of the Dominion's Navy command. The pool of eligible captains was slowly expanded over the years yet as they continued to gain in popularity and wealth a growing paranoia within the government was forming. A bill was issued that limited the total number of active letters issued at any one point in time, so that the corsairs could never rival the strength of the Dominion's own navy.

The Black Vanguard is cooperative alliance between of a number of these ship captains who operate on the fringe of Dominion controlled space. The idea of “Strength in Numbers” applied to even the individualistic mindsets of these powerful individuals. Together they funded a base of operations within the debris field of a dead planet, and launch their raids across the galaxy. They communicate strategies and objectives within a Captain's Council where the pecking order is decided loosely by ship type, notoriety, and seniority within the Vanguard.

ICC Requirements:

Membership into The Black Vanguard is extremely flexible due to the span of the organization. The character you wish to focus on must know someone within The Black Vanguard, and have reason for working cooperatively with the group, or be a member themselves.

Examples of membership may include being a PC ship captain who has been issued an letter of marque, a crew member under the leadership of a NPC/PC captain who has been issued, or required support for such a fleet such as medical, engineering, and other professionals such as traders. The scope is left wide so that we can find probable cause for a character to be part of the organization rather than designing your character before hand for the guild (which is perfectly fine too). That way if you are dead set on playing a genius but awkward mechanical engineer, we can find a place for him/her aboard a ship or the base.

Frequently Asked Questions:
    Q: What are the raid nights and times?
    A: Depends on the membership base, likely one weekend and one weekday for 3 hours each.

Q: Am I required to raid?
    A: Raiding is optional but I do ask that you are interested in two of the three goals of The Black Vanguard (raiding, arenas, or RP). Otherwise if you are super commited to one of these, it is less likely that the guild will suit your needs.

Q: Are non-role playing members welcome into the guild?
    A: Of course, there is no pressure to role play with us if you would like to enjoy the raiding and community that goes with the guild. Yet, we do have a bias in recruiting members who are curious or interested in role playing. Also see above.

Q: Where are all the other details such as roleplay rules and guild charter?
    A: Being created as you read this. Interested in helping? Let me know.

Q: What is your background in leadership?
    A: I have been actively engaged in the online gaming community for roughly ten years, and held a number of leadership roles over that period of time. Outside of gaming, I also was employed in leadership for children and adults in a outdoor setting such as scouts, out retreats, and city community work.

Q: At what point are we done recruiting?
    A: Initial recruitment will aim for roughly 50 active recruited members. The reason why this is a bit high is past leadership history has taught me that 20-30% of members who sign up before a game start do not show up or play past two weeks. In order to remain healthy number after the first month, we must recruit a bit high yet it is important to note that I do not want myself or any recruitment officers to sacrificing core concepts for higher numbers.

Q: What are your short term and long term goals for TBV aside from of course raiding, role-playing, and PvP'ing?
    A:

Short Term Goals:

• Recruiting members who fit in with our standards of attitude and desire the same atmosphere as us. I feel like this gets overlooked in a lot of guilds, and is a huge part of shaping the gaming experience. My fondest memories of past games is where I knew my fellow guild mates by first name, about their life and family, and what drove them as a person rather than a guild where I was simply a number in a crowd.
    • Support the RP community before and during launch by taking part in dicussions, server selections, and other meet up events.
    • Help promote guild members playing with each other before launch by weekly free games, and encouraging hanging out on the TS server (if people are free)
    • Form a collection of resources such as videos, guides, and information about the game so we can go in fairly knowledgeable about mechanics and content.
    • Get members who are interested in RP a place to do so on the forums with lead stories.

Long Term Goals:
    • Become a recognized guild on our server and community due to a mature attitude, down to earth nature, and our success.
    • Run monthly RP events on the server (inviting the community), and organize events that promote cooperation across guilds An example of this is having our guild offer help to the Wildstar Roleplay community by having member who volunteer run dungeons/help in quests/and help other members who have less time to dedicate to the game in the harder parts.
    • Gauge interest in guild expanding to Warplots and 40M raid content, or forming tight alliances with other guilds on the server in order to do these events while remaining small.
    • Setup a foundation where members who demonstrate leadership and commitment are rewarded for their work.

Feel free to ask more questions.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Good luck with the guild, don't forget to make sure your guild get's a place in the guild thread!
  3. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Welcome and good luck with the guild! :)
  4. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

As a member of The Black Vanguard, I thought I'd stop in and say that now, as the guild is starting to get solid, now would be the perfect time to join and be a part of the groundwork.
    If you're interested in a solid RP group with the intentions of completing PvE content, then stop by the guild site and chat with us, introduce yourself, or post an application!

Don't be scared. ;)
  5. ImmortalExile

Just bringing some eyes back to the Guild page.
    We are still growing and there is always room for you if you enjoy role-play and want to complete the PvE content as well as dabble in some fun PvP matches!
  6. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Giving you a bump and sad that you are dominion :p
    I shall hopefully bump into you in the world!
    ImmortalExile likes this.
  7. ImmortalExile

Thanks for the bump, Rumze!
    You know... It's never too late to roll with us! ;)
  8. tbvofficer

tbvofficer New Cupcake

We are always looking for fresh blood into our roleplaying community, so if you are a Dominion player interested in some RP and getting your hands dirty in end game content feel free to drop by the site and throw down an application. As well, it is a good time to get to know your fellow guildmates before launch as we have been playing a variety of games and hope to get some forum RP going soon.

Thank you for the bumps everyone.