1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The crazy things I want but won't see in Wildstar.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by H.E.L.P.eR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

I want to see different weapon types for classes.

Gjsk likes this.
  2. H.E.L.P.eR

H.E.L.P.eR Cupcake

Haha, how awesome would that be knowing thousands or more people a week get to hear your terrible yet funny poetry. Ugh I want this so bad now.

Haversham likes this.
  3. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

I think it sounds awesome :D

4. Twinflame

Twinflame Cupcake-About-Town

Woah. Guys. Woah. Hold up!

I can't be the only person who saw this and suddenly knew it was the best idea ever. Blitzball was beast awesome.

C'mon!

5. Khrusky

Khrusky Cupcake

The painful poet would be great :D

More ridiculous stuff like this that has a ton of player-created content would be great. Perhaps combining other people's suggestions, have a dungeon where the main boss taunts you the entire time with a series of player-created quotes. Or perhaps an amazingly ineffectual NPC team that is supposed to be fighting alongside you, with a ton of player-created dialogue for their leader, resulting in something like this.

Certainly possible, although in my opinion it's number 3, with regards to the scientist path.

6. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

Actually, not all attacks/heals are ground-targeted AoEs.

7. FluidD

FluidD Cupcake-About-Town

I know not all, it was a slight over statement. The majority of heals are, however.

8. Aresk

Aresk New Cupcake

Re: mobile dungeon

If the entrance is mobile and difficult to find, I think that, while it could contain BiS items, there needs to be a close second achievable via a means that doesn't involve tracking; otherwise, a lot of players are likely to get annoyed at the mechanic.

You could also couple this with any sort of teleporting dungeon-finder by, rather than having the entrance be mobile, have the first room of the dungeon be an open expanse with the rest of it moving within (e.g. you zone into a rolling desert with some submerged Eldan factory moving about the sands). You could then have the first "boss" essentially be to find the dungeon. If people don't want to do it that way, throw in an engineering NPC that can reveal the rest of the dungeon at the expense of some reward (in the factory example, maybe you board through the cargo hold and can loot some rare Eldan technology stored there; however, if you blast the factory into the open instead of hunting it, damage to the hold blocks off the valuables). The NPC only reveals the dungeon if a majority of the party agrees to it.

Re: Things I want but doubt I'll see

Different body types for the same race and gender
    In-game character notebooks for jotting various things down

9. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

I think the success of this is completely tied to the size of the world .. and even then i'm not sure what good moving an instance would do. The two flying ships in ICC for example were pretty easy to find. That being said if you were able to hide them really well, the next step I would think would be to make them locked to the person or guild who found it, and then create another entrance somewhere else. Otherwise you would have to location broadcast, or worse, sold.

I think this kind of thing would be great for smaller scale content. Don't think it's really necessary for raid content.

For group content for example, maybe it is tied to an object. A rare gem for example, and there is only ever 1 in the world at a time. When someone finds it, they are able to enter a dungeon. Inside the dungeon they are allowed to summon anyone in their group to the instance. As soon as one is found, another one spawns at a random location (not the same place, ever :) ).

For raid content, I would hide world bosses in caves. Doubt this is feasible at this stage but if there were a couple of hundred special caves that had raid content trash in them, and a chance to spawn raid bosses, I think that would be cool. You'd never know which cave they were in. That being said, would people farm trash mobs in random caves in hopes of finding a rare spawn? idk .. you are probably much better qualified to answer that than me :) ... I would I think .. but I guess it depends on risk/reward.

10. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

The best bosses in Warcraft were those inspired by the Lovecraft stories. Sadly, I think you're correct and we likely wont see them here.

11. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

A dungeon like that shouldn't reward actual gear. The fun should be in tracking it down and participating in a unique encounter, with some kind of cosmetic reward at the end. That way, as Twinflame said, the dungeon rewards the people who would actually enjoy going out and exploring and hunting for such a thing.

12. Vunak

Vunak Cupcake-About-Town

I would love you long time for this.

13. H.E.L.P.eR

H.E.L.P.eR Cupcake

That's kinda why I love housing. The amount of unlockables they could add to that is really smart on their part. I hope they keep certain stuff "quest reward only", so not everybody can purchase what I worked hard for.

Say it's something like a spike you can put up on the front porch, used solely for the heads of raid bosses. People will go "Wow, that looks amazing, how did you get that?" and you can begin the epic retelling of finding that damn moving dungeon.

And to all the people that would say "But I don't like doing the moving dungeon raid... :( " you can simply say "Well, no heads on spikes for you."

FluidD likes this.
  14. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Im really really looking forward to housing, and so Ill go out of my way to do anything that rewards stuff like that adds to it, as much as I can.
    Consider it my elder game.
    I find the idea of a mobile dungeon interesting and awesome. However, the rewards dont have to be just cosmetic or just housing related. Id rather the reward be more flexible and more along the vein of drops the same loot as other dungeons in the current zone it is in.

Im sure there will be heroic dungeon lockouts but having that mobile dungeon in the same region means another chance at the loot for the day in a very controlled manner but perhaps with a different colour scheme or visual effect or another chip socket as a bonus - something that folks whose elder game is dungeon running would aspire to .

Something interesting and yet known. It would make folks hunt it down for a chance at that.

15. Bainik

Bainik Cupcake-About-Town

I'd love it so long as it feels like an exploration reward and not part of a progression path. If I feel like I need to look for it to best progress my character, I's going to annoy the <REDACTED> out of me, If I can poke around in my free time for a shiny new hat I'll piddle hours away on it and it will quickly become my favorite love/hate relationship (that's a good thing).

16. Gjsk

Gjsk New Cupcake

Honestly, I would love to have a gladiator arena. A room where you, and anyone else in said room, could watch and bet on arena matches that were happening in real time.

Do any of you know the brawler guild system in World of Warcraft? It would kind of be like that, only you would be watching pvp matches instead of pve, and you could wager on which team would win.
    Actually, it might even be cool for both pve and pvp type matches to be held there.

It would be a very cool way to watch other people duking it out, without watching a livestream, while earning something in-game.

17. H.E.L.P.eR

H.E.L.P.eR Cupcake

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to haggle with vendors, or contact someone selling an item with a trade proposal. Sometimes I just don't have the coin, but have other things of value. Or like a second AH that's all barter system.

Do MMO's in the past have cross server AH, or are they local? I like the idea of helping people who might someday help me.

MMOPapa likes this.
  18. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

WoW's is local and faction locked (Horde cannot but some Alliance and vice versa).

I hope Wildstar goes for a trade system - you can set up shop and people can buy off you by walking up to you. It really gets people gathered around talking about purchases, seeking out what they need from different people.

It brings a little more depth to just buying and selling off of the auction house too.

Kaldina likes this.
  19. H.E.L.P.eR

H.E.L.P.eR Cupcake

Yeah I'm hoping the settler will have like extra inventory slots, and get like a wagon of sorts, so if you want to be a straight up traveling merchant, you have that choice.

Imagine if some low level item is needed to craft some Potion-of-Kickass that high level raiders desired. Load up on what you can and start north, having to pass through PvP contested areas. Fending off would be thieves and making trades along the way, maybe paying some other players for protection or traveling in a wagon trail.

I might be getting ahead of myself here haha

Kaldina likes this.
  20. Merketh

Merketh Cupcake

Regarding moving dungeons; got me thinking of a either a moving Raid Dungeon, or NPC city hub that looks something like this ;p

[​IMG]