1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Division

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Riuuki, Jun 24, 2013.

?

Which console?

1. PlayStation 4

60.7%
  2. Xbox One

7.1%
  3. None

32.1%
  1. Riuuki

Riuuki Cupcake

So, during E3 a game via Tom Clancy's called "The Division" was shown, am I the only one who's excited to cookie crumbles to get this game?

Although I'm a solo gamer 90% of the time I'd like to know if others will play this and for which Console.

My gaming plans for the future are to play WildStar (PC) and The Division (PS4) if anyone else has the same idea it'd be cool to have a few people to play with! Hopefully some guys/girls that join Inverse Logic will also join in with this idea if they can and we'll have a group of players to joke around and play with.

Games are all about fun, why not have fun together?~

(Also if you're interested in Inverse Logic, check out this thread - http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/inverse-logic.4566)
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

* minion looks around the thread.....and suddenly spouts some nonsence ''WS on PC!!!''.....minion goes away*
  3. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

PC option? sad-pandas :(
  4. Riuuki

Riuuki Cupcake

Currently there isn't going to be a port to PC unless the PC Gamers show their interest :(
  5. Rizzalliss

Rizzalliss Cupcake

I have enjoyed XBox, but they are really screwing it up these days. Microsoft has gotten a little too Microsoft about it. :p
  6. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

if i get a next gen, it will be PS4. and if i get a PS4, it will likely be for The Division. but i will most likely stick to WildStar.
  7. Dex Charisma

Dex Charisma Cupcake

I'll be playing some of this at some point. And some Destiny as well, most likely. Both look fantastic.

Still rather play Wildstar.
    F8L Fool and Ennui like this.
  8. Riuuki

Riuuki Cupcake

I will play WildStar too, but I mean you always need a break-apart game to stop yourself getting bored of WildStar. If you play it 24/7 you'll either be addicted and bored (which is the worst thing ever) or end up quitting. So the best solution is to play another game every so often, for which I have chosen this game to be that.

Destiny looks good, so does Titan Fall. But The Division hits the nail on the the top for me, the trailer alone made me scream like a little 13y/o fanboy.
  9. Draogon

Draogon Cupcake-About-Town

I doubt i'll get much for my PS4 except for exclusives - which is how it works for my PS3 now. The only way that will change is if the PS4 controller somehow becomes better to hold than the Xbox.

So with that said, right now it'll be the X1 for me.
  10. Riuuki

Riuuki Cupcake

They have made the Ps4 controller bigger, which in turn is more suitable for those who are used to a 360 controller.. The triggers are also easier to reach with the new model.

[​IMG]
  11. Draogon

Yeah, I know. But until I feel that difference i'm still in the Xbox's corner. I just know i've hated playing God of War/The Last of Us with that damn controller. If anything it spoilt the experience some.
  12. Dex Charisma

Dex Charisma Cupcake

The cupped thumbsticks are the best part of the new design. I can't stand the mushroom tops of the old controller, my fingers always slip off.
  13. Riuuki

Riuuki Cupcake

Hmm, I wouldn't say it was the controller that ruined it, but more-so what you're used to. if you used a 360 controller it would have been better because you're used to it. I've always played PS > Xbox and I feel different, however I have used the 360 controller to an extent of it being "another part of my body" if you will.

This reasoning itself is for a lot more things other than gaming controllers, for example.. weapons, utensils.. A lot of things, if you're not used to it you'll find yourself discouraged.

Don't let that stop you from trying new things! A PlayStation controller is a suitable feel once you get used to it :)

I'm glad they changed it too, the grip wearing off was the worst.
  14. Draogon

I've spent a lot of time on the PS3 and the PS2 before that, I'm currently sitting on 24hrs of Last of Us gameplay and I can't help but always feeling uncomfortable with it. As said above one of the biggest is the grips (or lack of) on the thumbsticks, the grasp affect on it's body (compared to the cradle of the 360) and those damn triggers at the back are just horredous.

I know it's each to their own but there are ton's of info available out there and most lean towards microsofts controller. I personally don't know anyone who says they prefer the PS3's and that including the people who use the PS3 as their primary console.

Anyway, the main reason I came back to this thread was to say I just watched this video again and...........OMG.

15. Riuuki

Riuuki Cupcake

It's a brilliant trailer, the scripting is perfect from making people scream OMG.

Another factor is the size of your hands, I have small hands so a PS controller is a perfect fit.. 360 controllers are big and I find it hard playing 1 handed on them (I learnt to do this while I had a broken thumb).. I guess we all have different reasons to why something is not suitable.. But we're not here to talk about a controller! :3
  16. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

There are several industry opinions that it's really just a marketing move to get more hype out there, one reason among many being that pretty much all Clancy games have a PC platform, not to mention the explosion of replies when they asked for "pc votes".
    This game was my favorite of all the ones shown and I'll be getting it on PC along with Destiny....not positive on Titanfall yet, seeing as that is multiplayer only.
  17. Shalanigh

Shalanigh Cupcake

Game looks awesome! As of now, since PS4 is cheaper that is the console I intend on getting it on. :p
  18. Wormwood

Wormwood Cupcake

The Division may just be everything I've ever wanted in a Shooter Genre Game: Perfect Setting, MMO elements, Charater Progression. I have a feeling that it WILL end up being released on PC, but if it does not, I'll likely buy a PS4 JUST to play this game...
  19. Riuuki

Riuuki Cupcake

If you can go into a skyscraper and make a camp on a random floor (like floor 37) and just snipe people from a window this will be the greatest game ever!
  20. Pilotn

Pilotn New Cupcake

[​IMG]

Dat detail. The New York/Manhattan setting is a little overused in games, I feel, but I'm making sure to walk around the financial district where I work to see how accurate it is :)