1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Female Draken Thread (images, specualtion, discussion, blood wine with a side of fresh meat)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Jynetik, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I was going to try and come up with something clever until I saw Evion's post. :p
    Jynetik likes this.
  2. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

Yup. This probably the first thing that goes through a Draken's mind when they see a toilet for the first time.
    ruff_ethereal and Jynetik like this.
  3. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

haha Oh goodness. That is gross. Mind went to a group of Draken drinking out of a toilet. :roflamo: I cannot even imagine what a Draken would use for their facilities. Perhaps they just have holes in the ground and go the natural, beastly way. ;) Although, their, er, dumps probably are quite sizable, so one would assume they would need some sort of plumbing...

Gross.
    ruff_ethereal, Jynetik and Kurik like this.
  4. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Just what I was thinking. I imagine a toilet would baffle most Draken, probably their first thought would be "why is this strange odd-shaped cauldron stuck to the wall?" Then I imagine they would try to cook with it, and quickly find out that ceramic isn't a good material for transferring heat. Finally I imagine they would just appreciate having an abundant source of fresh water in a squeaky clean bowl.

Only Cassians would be foolish enough to defecate in perfectly good water.
    Kurik and Fate Flyer like this.
  5. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I always assumed that Draken go the same way Skags (Borderlands) do: they puke. Large bones, ammunition, and guns are best left regurgitated and not expunged through the rear entrance.
    Jackie1st and Fate Flyer like this.
  6. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

Am not the only one turned on am I?

Onto a serious note, I do love their design. I really enjoy it when a alien race has strange looking males but sexy females. The females actually look more human which gives them more facial emotion. Ah hell I cant go on like this anymore, those are some seriously ****ing hot models. I mean like seriously! God!
  7. ruff_ethereal

I know that feel, bro.
  8. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I tend to think that all of the races both male and female have their own facet of attractiveness. Humans can be both physically attractive and noble / domineering which is also attractive. Aurin are attractive to weirdos (hey Kit said it not me, it's canon). The granok are stoic and powerful, both attractive things, and who doesn't appreciate a nice set of boulders? The Mechari are attractive in the same way that a Lamborghini or a swiss watch are attractive.
    Joukehainen and ruff_ethereal like this.
  9. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

And your calling us weirdos?
  10. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Lol, guess some people finally got to play Alextrasza. :D
  11. ruff_ethereal

True. But, you forget firearms. Who doesn't love amazing mechanics?
  12. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I'm kinda surprised I hadn't already upvoted this thread.

The reason why I only just noticed is because I wanted to upvote so hard when I noticed that not only is there a thread that's ACTUALLY CALLED 'The Female Draken Thread', but Jynetik - you actually went ahead and made a frickin' BANNER/LOGO for it! That's just....that's so awesome! :laugh:
    Jynetik and Fate Flyer like this.
  13. Glacius

Glacius Cupcake-About-Town

I can't wait to see all the different facial options in-game.
  14. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

I want to be interested in this thread, but y'all keep talkin' 'bout cookin' my friends! 'postrophes...
  15. Immaculata

Immaculata Cupcake

Glad to see our Draken allies get some attention. ^.^ Vermin hunting is bothersome but the Draken approach it with much zeal!
    Zerdav and Jynetik like this.
  16. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Thank you so much, that kind of response makes this all worth while. I'll be trying my best to keep this place fun and interesting in the months to come.

Oh don't worry it's all just getting in the spirit of things. I happen to really like both factions and all of the races revealed so far.

The Draken don't hunt vermin, we hunt only the most cunning, powerful, and dangerous prey in order to better our skills and prove our prowess in battle. If you are in need of an exterminator I am sure the Mechari would love to assist you, they like to catch rats and moles and make them squeal.
    Immaculata and Bellaby like this.
  17. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

I don't believe this concept art was linked yet:

[​IMG]
    Jynetik, ruff_ethereal and Bellaby like this.
  18. Bellaby

Succubus, anyone?
    [​IMG]
    ruff_ethereal and Jynetik like this.
  19. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Yep, that is one of the vibes that I get from the female Draken. However I can't say that I see the female Draken attempting to charm anyone, they would probably rather just disembowel their victims while being their usual charming selves.

The draken are just such a neat combination of elements. Cromag also named dropped Alexstrasza which is a fitting comparison because Carbine has described Draken as "dragon people" and Alexstrasza is a dragon. The fact that the Draken do not have hoofs like the traditional succubus, satyr, or the Draenei from WoW lends more credence to their draconic design heritage than anything else, but a lot of the horn styles that we have seen so far seem to come from a number of different inspirations.

I'd love to get Chad Moore in here and pick his brain about the nuances of how the Draken think, how they see the world, what they are like behind closed doors when they aren't being bloodthirsty hunters and wariors for the Dominion.

What do you guys think? Are the Draken bloodthirsty savages 24/7 or do you think they have a softer side that they choose not to show the world?
  20. Bellaby

I'd say they probably have an underlying cunning, and that their females probably do use seduction and wiles to make up for their smaller build (as compared to the males). I make up for my size by acting weak and frail in quite a similar manner. Being actually weak and frail certainly helps.