1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Female Draken Thread (images, specualtion, discussion, blood wine with a side of fresh meat)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Jynetik, Apr 2, 2013.

1. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

The first one :I
    Siflay likes this.
  2. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

I was thinking more like bug eyed. lol.
  3. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Stalker Class Drop Breakdown
    Hey there guys sorry about the late update, it's been a crazy week. So there was little doubt that the stalker reveal would have some female Draken footage and this class drop didn't disappoint. As per usual I have grabbed all of the female Draken footage that I could find and collected it here, so let's get to it.​
    Website goodies!
    Like with the warrior reveal there are a couple of female Draken featured on the website, most notably the "classes ultra drop" line-up image. The stalker webpage also features a female Draken in the header, looks like a screenshot from the upcoming Wildstar Flick which would confirm my earlier suspicion that a female Draken would be featured in the new video.​
    [​IMG]
    We finally have our female Draken image filled in and I am not disappointed. What a cool look! Those massive horns, the dark skin with the new face pattern and those pupil-less scary green eyes make for an intimidating female Draken. It's also worth noting that this is a new hairstyle, can't really see much of it but it looks pretty neat.​
    [​IMG]
    I am so excited that we are going to get to see a female Draken in a wildstar flick, she looks ready to pounce on this unsuspecting space pirate and I can't wait to see it happen. This female Draken is a little different from the one featured in the class drop line-up. Pink skin instead of the dark blue / purple, with blue eyes and a different skin pattern and different hair. Again no pupils, I am not sure if this is a separate eye-style that can be changed or if this is attached to the face style but it's definitely a striking look.​
    --- --- ---​
    Dev Speak Breakdown
    The stalker Dev Speak video featured a total of three female Draken, all kicking-a**, and all looking quite stylish. As usual it's best to see this stuff in motion since my screenshots only tell part of the story. I grabbed what I found interesting and broke it down for you guys below.​
    Pretty in Pink
    I love this segment of the video so much. Carbine again treats us to a blonde Draken, this time with giant nightmare techno-claws and a swarm of interesting little machines. This set of horns is new to me, big long curved back horns that have a few right angles thrown in to make them look pretty menacing which is a nice contrast with our hot-pink and blonde Draken. I have to thanks to the Carbine animation team here, the animations are just fantastic and the leaping punch that she delivers looks like it hits hard! As with all female Draken animations the tail is just all over the place (in a good way) which helps add a sense of momentum and weight to her actions. Looks great!​
    [​IMG]
    Who wants a hug!?
    [​IMG]
    You are already dead little man, you just don't know it yet. Also that hourglass figure really accents that jumpsuit quite well.
    [​IMG]
    Love this little hop, the little dust clouds really help sell it, also good wind-up on the punch here.
    [​IMG]
    Great follow-through on the animation, she put so much into the punch that her tail is even whipping around.
    [​IMG]
    Standing proud over her latest kill.
    Do you feel lucky punk?
    Our second Draken is having a stand off with some kind of giant rock-dinosaur in a desert zone. Quad horns, pale skin, and that mohawk all add up to a very striking look. This appears to be the idle stance for the stalker and I have to say that it suits the female Draken exceptionally well. This is not a "dainty" stance, she clearly means business and knows how to put those claws to good use.​
    [​IMG]
    You ain't seen nothing yeti...
    Our final Draken for this video is in the middle of a fight with a pair of yeti things and I have to say that this is just a really cool series of actions. It's difficult to make out certain character features on this Draken but I believe those are the huntress Kezzia horns and the tan striped skin color / pattern that we have seen before.​
    [​IMG]
    As the fight begins one of the yeti takes a swing at the Draken and she deftly ducks below the swing as you can see here. She is on all fours getting ready to retaliate.
    [​IMG]
    She springs into the air claws outstretched...
    [​IMG]
    ...and comes crashing down in a powerful attack.
    [​IMG]
    which sends the yeti tumbling as she rises back up to a fighting stance, tail swinging back around ready to counter-balance her next attack.
    --- --- ---​
    That's it for this week! Hopefully the new class reveals will have something for us to talk about! As always let me know what you guys think!​
    Fox Spirit, Ianpact, Tribe and 5 others like this.
  4. Balgoss

Balgoss Cupcake

Thanks for that, Jynetik! I just love reading those!
    I'm not getting a 'draken' vibe from the Medacted and the Redactineer, so I'm going to bet that you're going to have a nice two weeks long vacation from your hard work here. ;)
    Jynetik likes this.
  5. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

Sadly, I have a feeling I'm gonna get screwed out of my dream of a shotgun wielding draken, so I suppose I better figure out what class I want to play. :|

And I wouldnt count on their not being Draken in the videos in some fashion...
  6. Balgoss

Balgoss Cupcake

Can always settle for a dual-pistol wielding draken!
    And yes, they'll probably make an appearance in the two videos. Nothing major though if it's not from their PoV, I suppose.
  7. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

Well... it's official, Drakens got shafted on being either one of the last two classes (as I expected). *heavy sigh*

I guess I'll have to settle for being a spellslinger - which isn't a bad thing, I just hate having to settle. >.<
  8. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

Frost said in the video that they are medics.
  9. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

In which video? Because the tentonhammer link said they weren't either of the two, and they got their info from Carbine I would imagine... can't really see them making stuff up out of the blue.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/254867
    Inukeu and Tribe like this.
  10. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

11. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

If you listen to him, he is unsure which races are available to the medic. He's basically guessing.

Also the class page is up for Medic on the Wildstar site... curiously enough, Chua are in the posters at the bottom of the medic page, but not listed as a race for medic.
    Tribe likes this.
  12. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Classes Flick Breakdown
    I adore these Wildstar Flicks and I am just thrilled that we get another opportunity to see the female Draken in this awesome format. There are only a few seconds of footage here but it is absolutely amazing and I grabbed what I could (curse you motion blur!) and broke it down for you guys below. Enjoy!​
    Last Minute Changes
    So from a visual standpoint this female Draken is nearly identical to the one that was teased with the Stalker reveal last week. As you can see the pose is identical, the expression pretty close and all of the character options are the same except for her face and eye-color. Why these changes were made is beyond me but I see it as an added bonus because now we have two distinct female Draken faces to look at and they are both awesome!​
    [​IMG]
    The Playful Stalker
    In all of the footage that I have broken down in the history of this thread I have never described a female Draken as playful, until now. There isn't a better word that comes to mind when I watch this short segment play out. It's like watching a kitten play with a ball of yarn, or a puppy chase a ball, or a ferret... be a ferret. Our female Draken stalker materializes behind the main character, looks around with an expression that just kills me and twirls about, landing a devastating blow to his liver apparently. While he holds himself in agony our female Draken is bouncing around in the background joyfully slicing and dicing his companions and just enjoying herself. This is just great.​
    [​IMG]
    Our Draken being sneaky, I love the serious expression here and the careful movements. Also she's blurry because depth of field is a thing in Wildstar Flicks.
    [​IMG]
    A cautious look to the right to make sure that she hasn't been spotted...
    [​IMG]
    and just the best female Draken expression I've ever seen... I love this! She just looks so happy and excited it just makes me laugh every time I see it.
    [​IMG]
    Our female Draken is the blur with claws to the right playfully slicing up some marauders
    [​IMG]
    And now she's bouncing to the left on her way out of frame, having some more fun with her prey.
    The purpose of Wildstar Dev Speaks are to be informative and entertaining, they are there to teach interested people about different facets of Wildstar's gameplay and design while keeping people interested via jokes and gags. The purpose of the Wildstar Flicks on the other hand is to get the game's personality across first and foremost, and secondly to provide some high-level information on core parts of the game such as races, paths, and classes.​
    This video has given us a great look into at least part of the female Draken's personality profile as expressed by Carbine themselves. They are playful. I have to imagine that if this was say a human stalker, or a male Draken stalker, or any other race this segment would have played out very differently. With the female Draken character Carbine decided to showcase a more eager, fun-loving stalker and I think it resonated perfectly. I love a super-serious, deadly female Draken don't get me wrong, but to see one act in such an adorably happy manner is just fantastic, and it really is a good fit. She's just having a blast ripping these marauders apart and seems very capable at doing so.​
    --- --- ---​
    Well this week turned out to be a nice treat for female Draken fans, perhaps we will get to see some more fun female Draken stalker footage from the Stalker livestream whenever that happens. As always let me know what you guys think!​
    py00q, Balgoss, Sonntam and 4 others like this.
  13. Ysme

Ysme Cupcake

Definitely the highlight of the flik for me.
    Great breakdown as always.
    I love the change in facial expression.
    I hope we get similar emoting on the attack animations in game too.
  14. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

I love the playful expression the female Draken has while stabbing foes in the liver/back.
  15. Ysme

Ysme Cupcake

I'm happy with the choices the Draken get
    Female Draken don't need Bots or fancy schmancy light shows.
    They are more direct in their approach to hunting.
    As it should be.

Can't wait for stalker livestream

Just a little FYI. So far as current polls go it looks like not many female players are going for the Draken warriors option. I'm undecided whether I will be stalker or warrior. The straight forward arse kicking warrior has real appeal. Stalkers haven't shown so well so far but no doubt they will be showing off their good stuff in the livestream. I like the fact that they are showing snips of PvP with the different classes too. I don't think the stalker did too badly in the medic live stream. I could see some potential but the player was not very well supported by the medic in the 2v2. The Engi stole the show as they were pretty much left to free cast DPS the stalker down. It was pretty reassuring that the Medic could not out heal 2 players focussed DPS (at that level anyhow).
  16. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Now that the NDA is lifted to lvl 15....ummmmm.. this
    Jynetik and Ysme like this.
  17. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Here's another one. There are several more, but these should provide a good start. :)
    Jynetik, Anorissa and Localbro like this.
  18. Iryne

Iryne New Cupcake

I have been reading this thread for a while now. Finally registered. :)

Ysme: Female player here too, also debating should I roll warrior or stalker. Warrior seems to be more direct approach... and heavy armor may feel safer for tanking, but I like speed of stalker and that they don't carry huge swords on the back. Most likely I will need to test both when I get to play.

Faces and skin colors from video above:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jynetik, Ysme and Tribe like this.
  19. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

I like the grape colour and the red-violet in the second pic, the face of the dark purple one looks like she has a heavy 5-0clock shadow. haha
  20. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome to WildStar Central. Here is a link to the Personal Introductions Forum. You are not required to post there but doing so is a good way to meet some of our friendliest members. Tell Kat I said hi.