1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Female Draken Thread (images, specualtion, discussion, blood wine with a side of fresh meat)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Jynetik, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Anorissa

Anorissa Cupcake

oooh, I LOVE that last face. It's so regal. But I really hope that they change the whole skin-pattern-limited-to-color thing. I really wanted the red-brown skin tone with dark stripes. But, the sand color with light stripes looks cool too, especially with that face.

I also hope we get more hairstyles. Right now, based on the ones so far, I'll end up choosing between the long regular hair or dread-web-tail. And, of course, 4-horns.
    Jynetik and Ysme like this.
  2. Iryne

Iryne New Cupcake

A bit more skin / patterns:[​IMG]
    These are screenshotted from this video.

Tribe, I will add post there :)
    Ysme likes this.
  3. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Hey there guys, thanks for all of the new info and the excitement. Unfortunately the beta-tester NDA is still very much in effect, the NDA was lifted for a few select press sources only.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1sqgu7/to_beta_testers_nda_still_up/

Feel free to link all of the content from approved press sources that your heart desires, just be careful about what content you link as some of it may be breaking the NDA.

You can expect some kind of massive post from me regarding all of the new information in a day or so, really really excited.

*Edit* Reworded and clarified
  4. Iryne

Iryne New Cupcake

Jynetik, Just FYI :) If you are referring to pictures I posted those are screenshoted from youtube videos (as you can see they are blurry because of that). If you see that any of those videos were breaking NDA (aka were not part of lifted sources) then ofc pictures are also that.
    Siflay and Jynetik like this.
  5. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

6. Ysme

Ysme Cupcake

7. Bloddryn

Bloddryn Cupcake

Saw the female drakken swimming animation on a livestream. Rather impressive, as its sort of a crocodile slither through the water (swinging the hips and tail/legs sideways), rather than a human swimming stroke.
    Sonntam and Ysme like this.
  8. Anorissa

Anorissa Cupcake

Just had a thought, and I like it.

I think that when female Draken are really happy or excited, they make the same "purring" sound as the velociraptors in Jurassic Park

If you don't know what that sounds like, the raptors "purr" multiple times in this video
    Ysme and Jynetik like this.
  9. Ysme

Ysme Cupcake

Fem Drak Stalker vid with some entry level crafting info

Not particularly exciting but interesting to get an idea of Fem Drak Stalker animations and check out some of the fem drak gear looks of other plaers as he's talking about the crafting stuff.

Jynetik likes this.
  10. Anorissa

Anorissa Cupcake

Loving that tail movement. It's so fluid.
    Jynetik likes this.
  11. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Hating that tail movement. It's so static.

Seriously, what is the inspiration for constantly swaying tails in not only MMOs but in games in general? ​
    No animal on this earth repetitively sways it's tail indefinitely. So why do dev's do it? Why is the draken tail swaying the same as the aurin tail? Draken are hunters, swaying your tail gets you spotted by your prey. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying make draken tails into boards, I'm saying make the tails part of the race/creature rather than just sticking them on like some robotic rhythmic accessory. Have tails respond appropriately to the situation that the race is in and similar to that of the creature that inspires it. True, some imagination will need to be used, I mean, what exactly does a reptile do with it's tail when happy?

Okay, I'm going to stop here or this will go on for far to long.

I'll be kind and settle for an option to be tailless. Make it a common back story of draken children playing a silly game of "stick your tail in the mouth of the large deadly sleeping beast and see how long you can keep it there" and one of the other kids sneezed, waking up the beast while it was my turn. ;)
    Sonntam likes this.
  12. Anorissa

Anorissa Cupcake

Happy Holidays!
    [​IMG]
  13. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Oh wow I love this! Thank you so much for posting it here and happy holidays to you as well!
  14. Ysme

Ysme Cupcake

Fem Drak Stalker PvP gameplay in the second BG / mini game from BlankSpace.

Jynetik likes this.
  15. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

[​IMG]

Welcome to Deradune by atryl

One of my favourite artists has done WildStar art. I am geeking out so much right now. He's doing an Aurin next~
    Iymala, Ianpact, Inukeu and 2 others like this.
  16. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Simply badass :) Thanks for sharing!
  17. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I noticed during a stream there was a Female Draken that was the leader of the camp in the zone there named Razen the Preyfinder it was just a named mob for a quest but she had a throne/chair with her own harem of level 1 male draken just laying about similar to the Male leader and his harem in Deradune's Draken base
    Sonntam and Jynetik like this.
  18. Pocketz

Pocketz Cupcake-About-Town

*drags feet in*

I'm so disappointed with the female draken guys....
    After watching the character customization videos of the female draken, Ive lost my interest in them.
    I do like their color palette, I do like some of their faces.

However, their hair is godawful. They have, what? 2 real hair styles? The rest is some spider, webb claw, kind of hair. Which is cool, I suppose, but not really.

If you're going to do some Kerrigan, zerg type of thing you can at least try to do it attractive. You don't have to look like a freak to be fearsome, you don't have to be a monster to be scary.

The only hairstyle I see myself playing with is that short, pixe haricut thing, and from what I've seen on streams, so does everyone else.
    Sigh.

/end rant. *curls up in bed*
  19. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Fear not, Pocketz, beta is beta, and Carbine has said they really aspire to give us "ALL the options" at launch. With feedback like this, I'm sure the art team will diversify the styles.
  20. Ferazhin

Ferazhin New Cupcake

I tought it was only allowed to show off anything till like lvl 15? Or did they change that?
    never the less.. thanks for sharing!