1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Female Draken Thread (images, specualtion, discussion, blood wine with a side of fresh meat)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Jynetik, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Pocketz

Pocketz Cupcake-About-Town

He is level 15, when entering that bg you get scaled up to 29. Prior to joining that BG he got CRB confirmation that it was OK to show it. (its confusing I know, but that footage is A OK)
  2. Ferazhin

Ferazhin New Cupcake

Alright, thanks for clearing that up! I'm sorry i didn't know about the lvl scaling in the BGs. And i didn't mean anything by mentioning it, i was just wondering :)
  3. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Yeah I feel you on this. Female Draken character creation feels very WiP at the moment, very few hairstyles, very few faces, and some baffling options thrown in there as well. I still have a big post cooking on the subject but due to holidays / work I am hilariously busy. One of the things that has irked me the most is the fact that it appears Carbine has removed the iconic female Draken long brown hair option. You know, the one that appeared on every single female Draken for the last year or so...

[​IMG]

If nothing else I hope this somehow makes it back into the character creation system as I am really not thrilled with any of the other hairstyles that are currently being offered. I also have to agree with you on the kerrigan hair, options that I would have expected aren't there, and options that I didn't expect (or didn't want) have been thrown in the mix. Take jewelry for example, why can't we have any cool Draken jewelry? It's all big gaudy looking cassian / dominion inspired earrings.

Bleh
    Pocketz likes this.
  4. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

I too am hoping for much more in the way of character customization for ALL races. But I also know it takes work. Even if I had to wait until the possible eventual addition of a barbershop-like addition for more options, I wouldn't mind. In for the long haul with Wildstar. ^_^
  5. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

Character customization is still in beta along with the rest of the game. You can tell in quite a few places that things aren't final. A few of the character creation videos I saw were missing hairstyles (it turned your character bald) or the option for a different hairstyle was there but it didn't show.

Carbine has till Spring 2014 or whenever they release the game and I'm sure in that time that we will see more character customization options get added for each of the races.
    Siflay likes this.
  6. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

Came across that NPC too and apparently there is a quest to kill her.

[​IMG]

I found that very surprising, considering that Chad Moore said that female Draken don't lead clans, but she is explicitly called a matriarch... so I'm not sure what to think.
  7. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

well the males have the fleshy frill, they just wanted to do it for the females too;)
  8. Anna Tatiana

Anna Tatiana New Cupcake

Well, he did say "until this point". So maybe that's changed now for some reason we haven't discovered yet. :D
  9. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Nexus is full of a lot of firsts and strange happenings. Draken ascend to clanlordship by murdering their predecessor. Who says we don't have another Laveka on our hands who seized power because she could?
    Jynetik likes this.
  10. Ysme

Ysme Cupcake

The hair styles don't bother me, I'd like a few more in human / lizard style cresty ones though.

Who decided Draken clans were run by males ? A man of course - yeah Oooooooook.

I'd take that with whole pile of salt as the rule of law is the rule of the strongest and most fearsome warrior.
    So if there's combats to the death for Clan leadership between a fat overbloated couch potatoe male and a lean mean hunting fit female I know who my CREDD's would be on. ... ;)
  11. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

You'd bet a certificate authorizing your research, exploration, destruction, or development on Nexus...?
  12. Rial

Rial Cupcake

Lions are pulling it off successfully for centuries now, though.
  13. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

A couple of things to keep in mind.

The Draken as a species value strength and tradition, with a healthy dose of honor in there as well. In order for a female Draken to become a Clan Lord she would not only have to be the strongest Draken in the tribe, but also find some way to make it work within the very dogmatic confines of Draken tradition (or just ignore it), and do so honorably through a public challenge (no knifing people in their sleep). With all of this in mind it becomes pretty easy to see why female Draken don't often get to rule. This is also a system that has been in place for at least a thousand years, likely far longer obviously it seems to work for them and there hasn't been any major opposition to it as of yet. Weather or not this will be the case going forward in light of recent developments is unclear.

When it comes to how female Draken are treated within Draken society I think that this post that I made a little while back did a good job of summing up my feelings on the subject.

Also the male Draken get plenty of exercise, you wouldn't want to be caught getting fat and weak and invite a challenge by a lower ranking male.
    Sonntam likes this.
  14. Irullan

Irullan Cupcake

"Some people call me Maurice.... *whistles*

Guys, guys, guys. I found the inspiration for the female draken:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

amirite?
  15. Anorissa

Anorissa Cupcake

I saw in a few streams that they've added dancing to the game. I've seen the male draken and the chua dances. Has anyone been able to find a video of the female draken dance yet?
  16. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Far as I can tell it's all the same dance. I've seen videos where each race/sex does the exact same dance.
  17. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Starts at 4:39 for female draken.

No idea why I can't get the video to start at that time. The video keeps screwing up when I just try to link to the page. :(

I do think each race should have it's own personal dance that can be learned by the other races. That said, humans, granok, and mordesh would have a hard time pulling off the moves that require a tail. ;)
    Jynetik likes this.
  18. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

the dances while well animated are terrible R.I.P. /dance :(
  19. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

I would not freak out yet. The dances are called /dance1 and /dance2 for a reason.

There will be more, no doubt.

Personally I like those silly dances quite a lot. After all, dancing itself in MMOs is usually rather silly this way or the other. So the dances here are just perfect to me.
  20. Anorissa

Anorissa Cupcake

I hope they add some sexy dances. Silly dances are fun, but I also like sexy dances. My Draken is going to be a dancer for my guild (they're going to have a club named the Talyns Hunting Lodge), so some sexy dances she can do on stage (or in one of the cages) would be nice.