1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Female Draken Thread (images, specualtion, discussion, blood wine with a side of fresh meat)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Jynetik, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Xandita

Xandita Cupcake

Well I can see jewelry being the sixth option for female Draken. It has some sensibilities in a lore kind of way. Someone mentioned earlier that female Draken sound regal, which could also mean that males have to impress them quite heavily in order to win their affection. Maybe finding the spoils of war (in this case I guess a giant hoopring?) is another means of doing that.

Based on this http://youtu.be/AYDLGzNprDU?t=4m54s

It looks like the females don't have a sixth slot implemented, of course this is pre-beta, and much can change between then and release. Jewelry seems like a safe option as opposed to breast size. They could also make the sixth slot effect the hair in some way, like beads, adornments, ribbons, not very savage but it's late and my thinking has went out the window!
    Jynetik likes this.
  2. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I think that while Draken don't really enjoy wearing 'useless' trinkets, I think that wearing trophies wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them - perhaps the skull of a favoured foe or something. ;)

The idea of jewelry as a possible 6th customisation option for female Draken is a good one! But I have a feeling that despite the male Draken having 6 options, the female may only have 5. :eek:

The fact that 'male' Mechari and female Cassians have only 5 customisation options (at least in this build) sets the precedent that not all choices need to have 6 customisation options like the male Draken.

Also, in other MMOs where males get a facial hair option, females usually don't get anything to 'make up' for it. :oops:

Sorry, Jynetik; I hope for your sake that I'm wrong though, and that female Draken DO get a sixth customisation option! :(
    ruff_ethereal, Zerdav and Jynetik like this.
  3. Xandita

Xandita Cupcake

If it's only five options I'm fine with that. Female Draken are just too badass for a sixth option, that's all I will say :)
    Jynetik likes this.
  4. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

Jewellery can be far more than just decoration. It can be a symbol and marking of belonging to a clan or whatever. It can be a rite of passage. Simply a cultural thing, a matter of identity. Lastly, being beastly, does not mean you can't care for aesthetics.
    Jewellery easily makes sense.

Another idea is makeup. From regular human to full on tribal markings. Who knows.
    Jynetik likes this.
  5. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Something a little random today, I am copying over a post that I made over in the news section earlier this morning since it contains a new Draken Drawing as well as some off-beat RP that I know some of you guys might enjoy.

So sorry about the tangent, if you want to see the original conversation it is the Econ-DevBlog thread about the new Circuit Board Crafting System. Otherwise here is a drawing of a female Draken wearing socks on her head and a nice Dominion-esque monologue.

--- --- ---​

Zap-Robo said:
    [​IMG]
    In a minor break with tradition, we have a new dev blog posted on a Friday - and it's a big one! Our first look at one of WildStar's crafting systems - Circuit Board Crafting (CBC). It's perhaps the info you've been waiting for if you're a craft-y type, plus Carbine reveal they're going to give the community a chance to design new item slots soon!

Black Wolf said:
    To name a few ideas for the Item Slots: (ammo) belt, socks, watch, eyes gear, cloak, tattoo, sensors, CPU, shirt, scope.

Socks... really? I think you mean Draken Horn Warmers.

[​IMG]

You Exiles are truly unworthy of further existence in this universe. You steal advanced Dominion technology and attempt to use it to further your nefarious schemes but you seem utterly incapable of using it correctly. You stole our Draken Horn Warmers and somehow convinced yourselves (likely with the aid of copious amounts of illicit substances) that they are instead called "Socks", and that they are to be worn on ones feet, how preposterous. You wear these "socks" around totally unaware of how utterly foolish you look and slap yourselves on the backs confident in your ability to use our technology.

Death cannot come swiftly enough for you vermin, your sad and misguided attempts to be taken seriously only further seal your fate. So go ahead, stomp around in your "socks", the Dominion will be upon you shortly, nothing can save you now.

--- --- ---​

But in all seriousness I am in favor of any additional item slots that would have some kind of cosmetic feature. I think all of the major body parts (and some of the minor ones) are already taken up, so my best guess would be to go for layers. Things like a small mechanical panel that can be attached to a chest piece, or an upper-body belt that compliments shoulder armor, or some kind of back-piece that looks like a small power generator etc... You could also experiment with things like tattoos, glowing runes, glowing auras around parts of your character, floating particles that orbit you etc...

I love the sound of the CBC it seems like it will add quite a bit of depth to a system that is traditionally flat and stale in most MMOs.

Edit: Added a nice little response from Carbine, too proud to not share.
    [​IMG]
    Ianpact, Zadok, OmniStorm and 13 others like this.
  6. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I didn't think it was possible, but this is the first time I think I've liked the same post twice. :p (I've always wanted to do that. :p)
    Jynetik likes this.
  7. Críostóir

Críostóir Cupcake-About-Town

I was somewhat hoping that both the male and female Draken would have some sort of "tail customization" option to work with at creation. This would almost assuredly be something both would have though, if at all, and would not make it a likely candidate for the sixth option.

Maybe it's not too late.
    Kurik likes this.
  8. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Carbine seems pretty reticent to allow players to modify anything on their characters that isn't from the neck up or skin color. Which is understandable, if a bit unfortunate. I'd love to be able to have Draken tail options.
    Críostóir likes this.
  9. Immaculata

Immaculata Cupcake

Well said. Motivation like this quickly brings a smile to my face... well almost. - Ms M
    Jynetik likes this.
  10. WildHawk

WildHawk Cupcake

speaking of male voices ... arent there already vids about male draken talking
    i swear i saw a video where he says "For the Dominion !!!"

Ha! found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0InOLFxKKY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    idk about you guys but im actually pretty sure that it was the draken cause cmon ... it couldnt have been the mechari cause they will most likely have a more robot-ish voice
    Jynetik likes this.
  11. Jackie1st

Jackie1st Cupcake

Yep, I was just gonna point that out unfortunately it doesn't appear like the females will get 6 customization options in fact during the video even the mechari only have five. So I'd were most likely only to see 6 options on the male draken and male cassians.
  12. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

There are no words to describe how awesome you are and how much I love you right now.​

Edit: Gah, fixing the code does nothing!​
    Jynetik likes this.
  13. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Seems likely, but as stated it's not even closed Beta yet. A girl can hope...
  14. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Whoever crafts horn warmers is going to make quite a bit of money. They will be essential for when we greet Exiles in the Northern Wilds. :p
    ruff_ethereal and Jynetik like this.
  15. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

The exiles will die from laughter. Secret Draken tactic :p
    Jynetik and Immaculata like this.
  16. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Happy 1 week anniversary Female Draken Thread!
    1 week 2,139 views and 95 posts later and we still haven't had a single new female Draken image, no new information, and only 1 minor lore tweak from the Papster. That is pretty insane, it makes me wonder what this thread will be like when we actually will have some new information to discuss. But really it just shows how awesome you guys are and how dedicated Wildstar fans can make so much out of so little. So with that here's to another great week and to all the great weeks to come! Thanks for everything you guys are the best.

--- --- ---​
    I am currently working on some new original content for you guys, I should have ready in a couple of days. Until then I thought it would be fun to talk about Housing. We already know that the different races within each faction will be able to use each other's houses, so if you are a Mechari you can have a Draken house, and if you're a Draken you can have a Cassian house etc... There is also talk of letting players use houses from the other faction, Protostar has all of the housing schematics anyway, so why not? That being said would you guys be interested in a Draken house for your character? We don't have any images of the actual houses, but we do have some images of their architecture at work as well as images of some of their furniture.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm noticing a bit of a skull motif, as well as a general abundance of wooden pointy things, looks cozy.​
  17. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

I want wall hanging 03
  18. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Haha what?! The wall hangings are just targets for them to fling whatever weapon they come across at :eek:
  19. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Yep. What would be really cool is if some of those wall hangings came with a little mini-game where you can throw darts / swords / sharp sticks at them in a small game of bulls-eye.
  20. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

I'm all for mini-games, and if they're in the house than that is cool. What is the word on mini-games in WildStar anyways? Mini-games in general are a positive, which should have been included in some MMORPGs (like SWTOR/GW2) at launch or shortly thereafter.