1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Female Draken Thread (images, specualtion, discussion, blood wine with a side of fresh meat)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Jynetik, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Immaculata

Immaculata Cupcake

Curious... why would Draken live in prefabricated buildings when they could have dens with adjoining cave networks? Draken may feel they are losing their edge by living civilized.
    Kurik and Jynetik like this.
  2. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

Do not mistake having a roof with being civilised.
    ruff_ethereal and Jynetik like this.
  3. Immaculata

Immaculata Cupcake

To clarify, I don't mean hide stretched tents or huts, I mean living in a Cassian home. Hard to sharpen your claws on carpets and wallpaper ^.^
    Jynetik likes this.
  4. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

But extremely fun.
    Immaculata likes this.
  5. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I feel a Draken would find a Cassian home to be a nice change. Draken houses might be familiar, but I am sure they have some dubious qualities. Besides any well traveled Draken will have a bunch of furniture to bring with them to their new war hut to decorate it as they wish. If a Draken wanted a scratching post I would think that the Aurin house would do just the trick, a few minutes inside one of those would drive even the most reserved Draken mad, so many bright colors, everything has rounded edges, so many soft cute things... *shivers*

I have to say tho I am all about that Draken Wardrobe, I'd put it in any of my houses regardless if i am on my Draken or not.
    Kurik, ruff_ethereal and Immaculata like this.
  6. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I just like how pretty much anything in a Draken's home, be it furniture or decoration is made out of stuff they killed. :p
    ruff_ethereal, Jynetik and Immaculata like this.
  7. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Using the photoshop overlay function, I experimented with seeing how different skin tones (based on Zaprobo's character creation vid) MIGHT look like. :p

I wasn't able to exactly replicate the other skin tones though, but I TRIED. :mad:

[​IMG]
  8. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

Innocent, is there any reason you just happened to pick a picture where every single female Draken is nude...
  9. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

InnocentCivilian and Immaculata like this.
  10. Rootmuncher

Rootmuncher New Cupcake

I'm pretty set on making a female Draken for my main right now. I'd definitely enjoy playing with the whole male vs female debacle that their society has.

I won't lie, at first when I saw it I just thought 'oh great, another patriarchal race that tells their women to go back to the kitchen', although really it seems to work the way lion prides to. (Males work on politics and fixing ranks, Female do the rugged, dirty work on the battlefield.)
    The latter feels balanced and interesting for both sexes. (What if a male Draken wants to hunt? What if a female Draken wants to be a politician?) It reminds me a lot of the Druid/Priest debacle for Night Elves in Warcraft.

Will your Draken play around with this concept? From comics it seems Jynetik's will :D
    Jynetik and ruff_ethereal like this.
  11. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Oooh someone's a little intuitive.

I have to say that the more I read and hear about the Draken the more I like them. The initial design for the race seem to draw upon pretty basic fantasy stock. "Grr we are space barbarian dragon-lion-demon people and we love to fight and hunt and we are generally unpleasant and we have a really strong honor code that ties our whole race to the dominion because of one weakling's inability to best a Cassian of all things in one on one combat, oh did we mention that we like run-on sentances?" However the more I learn the more they seem eager to transcend that basic fantasy barbarian-culture archetype.

One would expect the Draken to be pretty all or nothing when it comes to the females of their species. After all they value strength, ferocity, and general power above just about everything and traditionally females of any (human-based fantasy) species tend to come up short on those when compared to their male counterparts. Which is why it is interesting that the female Draken do seem to get out and about as much as they do, and because they are playable it means that male and female Draken are capable of being equally powerful (fun little MMO universe lore sacrifice for game play that always tends to make my day). The best warrior in the universe could very well be a female Draken.

As far as the Draken political process I am not sure on why the hard and fast rule on male clan lords exists. I'd love to chat with the Papster about how Draken leadership works and what qualifies someone to move up the ranks etc... But it does not seem to be tied specifically to power or capability, but instead to some mix of those elements plus a gender restriction likely based on tradition which is fine. It's better than having an official reason like "Well female Draken are just so much more emotional than male Draken that they couldn't hold a position of power." or "Female Draken are the dumbdest Draken, so no power."

Truth be told the Draken are really the first MMO race from the "Primitive barbarian" archetype that I've ever wanted to play. I usually gravitate more towards the more civilized races but there is just something about the Draken that calls to me.
  12. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

New original content for you guys!

I did not create this one in a single night, instead this took me ~ 30 hours over the past few nights, I've actually been up for about 20 hours at this point, just finished putting the final touches on this for you guys. 2nd ever comic of any kind, made some hopeful improvements over the prototype that I posted a few pages back, let me know what you guys think. I'll be back in a few hours to chit-chat, but right now it's sleepy time for Jyn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ianpact, OmniStorm, Piroska and 24 others like this.
  13. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Hahahaha! :roflamo: That was just brilliant!! Such amazing work yet again, Jynetik! I love how hungrily evil the Draken female looks in the panel where she's reaching for the Granok. :D Just, "Oh God, I do not want to mess with that!" Then, you find out it's only the little huntress playing with her toys! :laugh: How cute! That's definitely the type of hunting tactic little Draken females should be honing in their youth. Fantastic! Now, get some well-deserved sleep! We shall enjoy this while you're away. :)
    Jynetik likes this.
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Best end ever!

I did not see that one comming :D
    Jynetik likes this.
  15. Glacius

Glacius Cupcake-About-Town

Was that a Predator and a Jurassic Park reference in the same comic? :)
    Yermoh likes this.
  16. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

A fantasy within a fantasy! Inception!
  17. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

So awesome and cute, I loved it. :) Thanks for making it.
    Jynetik likes this.
  18. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Amazing!!

I adore the ending. :D I didn't expect that at all.
    Jynetik likes this.
  19. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

I really gotta do some female Draken fan art :C
  20. Simokon

Simokon Cupcake-About-Town

That comic was brilliant! :)
    Jynetik likes this.