1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Story The Journal of Scout Nebulous

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Gazimoff, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Gazimoff

Gazimoff Cupcake-About-Town

Author’s Note: This story has been plaguing me for weeks and, with the Dominion details announced, I’m finally able to share it with you. That said, this is in no way an approved lore. If something doesn’t match back to official, established WildStar lore, I made it up.

Am I to assume that you will be accompanying me on this mission? And what might your speciality be? Establishing a base of operations? Battlefield cartography or technoarchaeology? Perhaps you’re involved with logistics or even tactical strategy? No matter, I’m sure that there is some essential role you’ll be performing, even if it is just stirring the soup.

You want me to introduce myself? I am Nebulous, Scout of the Imperial Reconnaissance Division, Veteran of the Great Ankle War of Klaxxon 5, and now reassigned to an elite cadre of Dominion might being deployed at planet Nexus. My skill with the regulation issue Ensworx C96 is highly superlative, even though some may prefer the cruder DL44. I saw one of those unrefined contraptions energy jam while a former colleague was mid-portal dash. The sight of fore and aft parting company was quite remarkable.

We have orders, you say? Let me look at that data-tab you’re clutching there. What on Cassus? Land… remain a safe distance… and monitor? Utter codswallop. We will be going in, securing our location and then covering as much of the surface as possible before that pathetic rabble known as the Exiles know what’s hit them. By Dominus himself, mark my words when I tell you that our superior technology and tactics will have us on the cusp of victory in no time.

I didn’t sign up to Special Projects and mooch around on a slow-hauler, just so I could sit on an armchair and swill beer like an overdressed Granok when we arrive! At our current course and speed, it’ll take at least ten months for this floating slugworm to get there, and even though this vessel has been retro-fitted for holo-training it’s not exactly filled with the delights of the homeworld. I wouldn’t be surprised if that blasted Protostar has already set up Naffy units by the time we arrive, although how he gets wind of our operations is beyond me.

No, as soon as we make landfall, I’m uncrating my hoverbike and getting some fresh air in my lungs. OxiRecyc is all well and good, but that lingering smell of grease and ozone from the engineering bay gets to you after a while, don’t you think? Oh, you’re from the engineering bay? Guess not then. Still, it will be nice to be able to blow my nose and not see Loftite extract staring back at me from the hanky.

What did you just say? Save it for my journal? Well, I might just do that.

What? You were being sarcastic? Well then, it seems we have nothing more to say. Good day, Sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY!
    Ayr, JarNod, Kurik Lein and 4 others like this.
  2. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

lol I enjoyed reading this, and hope to read more for his journal since I am assuming others are going to be as sarcastic. :p

However I do love the style of writing where you read one side of the conversation and know the other side for the answers. :D
  3. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Nice story. Keep it coming, I love reading others creations.
  4. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

That was great! :) Looking forward to the next one.