1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Legend of....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Extatica, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Now that this thread has been successfully derailed...

I only watch 2 or so anime ATM and I may explore more BUT I'm only interested in the action/adventure genre so the shows I follow currently are sufficient for me. I might check out some others but I'm not an anime nerd so I'm content. :)
  2. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

out of curiosity which 5 would they be exactly ?
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'll say mine, but will you do the same? Which 5 (or less or more) did blow YOUR mind? (and state the reasons svp, mayby I haven't watched them and then I wanna know why I would watch them so a reason would be perfect) :D

My 5 that blew my mind:
    1. When DeathNote came out, it was super! Loved it (till L died...). Second season ruined it quit a bit. So I only count Season 1 DeathNote as WAUW :D

2. For me personally Code geass, for it has done something no other anime could do. Turn my hatred in anime that use Mecha's into a love for some of those Mecha's (and yes i've seen quite some Mecha animes).

3. Moribito!!!! (awesome!) This is an anime that shows you how you can get an exciting story etc. without the violance (atleast not with a lot).

4. Letter Bee, how great an anime can be in a story. An anime I really connected with (I love when the world is post-apocaliptic). Just wanted to watch every single time! (although the end was not the best). It has soe really nice ''think about it'' moments.

5. Psycho-Pass! (Really blew my mind) Pure example that having a lot of violance, macabre things and a lot of killing in an story doesn't neccesarily makes the story weak. Strong story + a lot of killing/violence etc.
    And I loved how they incorperated some filosify subjects in it + some spot towards the society.
    Politicl things inside a cruesome jacket! :up:

These are the 5 anime that blew my mind, but it does not include the anime movies!!!

Movies will included these aswell:
    1. Sword of the stranger! (Prefect! Just perfect! A Must watch for any anime lover! and non anime lover!)

As a special one I would like to add:
    1. One piece (I just don't know...it's not the best anime, but I really feel strong about this one...I lov the character, I adore the story! I fell in love with Doflamingo! Just the overall feeling of this anime is perfect for me personally....but I doesn't deserve a place in the top 5 since it's not a super anime! It just has a lot of ''boxes'' that i'm looking for, hence he reason why it's one of the few animes that has so much episodes and i'm still following! No naruto/bleach for me since they are less in my eye's, One piece beats them by far)
  4. Inukeu

sure i'll give it a go, though a couple match your own taste's (in no particular order)

Code Geass - The story is great the use of the Geass powers are genius and there is a solid moral sub-plot things are not always black and white and the action scenes are beautifully done

Death Note - Again similar to Code Geass the story is complex and controversial and the use of the shinigami powers are brilliant the cat and mouse is superb to watch unfold and the character development is great throughout and I also only consider the first series to be the only Death Note though the Japanese live action films are not bad at all either

AKIRA - One of the first anime's I ever watched this just blew my mind for all kinds of reasons the animation quality is solid throughout the story is deep and philosophical the action is superb and imo (and im sure alot of others) a all time classic of anime history

Ghost in the Shell - another one of my favourites for its storylines and concepts again the animation is great along with the action another masterpiece both the two films and the series are great works

Spirited Away ( Studio Ghibli ) - Emotional I think is the perfect word to use to descibe pretty much anything Studio Ghibli does and Spirited Away is no exception its not excessively violent or fast paced or complex but it just has that wow factor that I cant quite put my finger on it takes you on a real adventure and leaves you in awe the same can be said for many of the works of Studio Ghibli I recommend all of them but I would say Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke are my personal favourites and a great place to start for anyone

this was really hard to think about and there's more I want to mention for a number of different reasons so quick honorable mentions :

Black Lagoon (English Dub is amazing), Baccano! (great story), Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (great story/action), Mushi-shi (Beautiful stories)

I would also add Attack on Titan is rapidly climbing my favourites list but since its not yet finished I cant really give a fair opinion on it
    Extatica likes this.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Baccano......yes....my achilles heel.....i'm not a fan of downlaoding and i'm always looking for HD streams...and I can't find Baccano anywhere (were it works) sometimes it misses whole episodes...so I onyl watched the first 2.....But I so wanna see it completely!!

Attack of titans is nice but indeed not completed so I don't count it aswell, same with some other anime which haven't finished.

Spirited away is awesome! Yes, but a movie (in my opinion) so I didn't count it in either, and of all movies there is just 1 that was even better (i listed that one because it's so awesome).

AKIRA...seen it....didn't liked it :( i'm sorry

Same with Ghost in a shell....people swear to it, and I keep seeing it...but I don't like it that much.

But thanks for your list!

Only ones I haven't seen at all are:
    Full metal Alchemist (it's sooo long...I have to commit myself to all episodes/series..and i'm still reluctant)
    Mushi-shi (Never heard of this one....care to enlighten me a bit?)
    Inukeu likes this.
  6. Inukeu

Mushi-shi is hard to exsplain its quite a mellow anime erm... heres the wiki :

The story features ubiquitous creatures called Mushi that often display supernatural powers. Mushi are described as beings in touch with the essence of life, far more basic and pure than normal living things. Due to their ethereal nature most humans are incapable of perceiving Mushi and are oblivious to their existence, but there are a few who possess the ability to see and interact with Mushi.

One such person is Ginko, the main character of the series. He employs himself as a Mushi master (mushi-shi), traveling from place to place to research Mushi and aid people suffering from problems caused by them. The series is an episodic anthology in which the only common elements among episodes are Ginko and the various types of Mushi. There is no overarching plotline.

Edit: you can watch Baccano! on youtube on Funimations own channel its even in a playlist I think
    Extatica likes this.
  7. Nyanta

Nyanta Cupcake

I'm a huge Avatar fan, and I absolutely can't wait for Book 3 to start!

My one disappointment with Book 2 was how the final fight went down(to prevent any spoilers)
    If I had my way I would have done it differently, but not drastically different.