1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Overpowered class

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by selodaoc, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Bazeleel

Bazeleel Cupcake-About-Town

Games not even out yet and the stealth class is already being called OP...typical lol

Y'all need to sit down and shut up and play the damn game before you open your mouths and look like complete tools.

Like damn..
    Taher and Mellkor like this.
  2. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah I'm with you bro. I wasn't going to say it like you just did, but this is my take on the matter. Nuf said.
  3. Bazeleel

You will find I don't like to hide my thoughts :p I am blunt:)
  4. ArsenixTG

ArsenixTG New Cupcake

From what Ive seen of pvp available on Youtube Stalkers seem to be different enough from traditional assassin classes that we may see a change in the op stealth era
  5. Bazeleel

Correct:) Everyone see stealth and freaks out.
  6. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

I've only watched a few PvP videos, but without question, the stalkers are always the underperformers in those videos.
  7. Bazeleel

Mainly because they normally take the most skill to play well. Yes I said. Stealth classes normally do require the most skill to play effectively in PvP.....Deal with it.

The best part in this game....Most of the class will actually require skill because you know....you have to aim everything.
  8. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

Then I should mention that in the video I saw, there were several stalkers in the bottom half of the performance spectrum, and the ones near the top were the spellslingers, a class that undoubtedly takes skill to play well.

I don't know where your "tough talk" is coming from here...the game isn't even out yet, so this is all conjecture anyway. Talk tough once we all know how much the class differences are due to skill requirements vs. actual class imbalances.
  9. Bazeleel

It coems from the fact that I am sick of all the QQers and cry babies that are claiming that this class is already broken and havent even played the damn thing yet.

Also stalkers at the bottom on the leaderboards? Shocker there. Most people who play those classes think, "hey these will be OP" they roll them and have no clue what they are doing. So it really does show. Again this game will weed out the good from the bad.

My statements where as a general comment toward most MMOer not wildstar it self.
  10. Kay

Kay Cupcake

The overpowered class?

Easy.

Whatever I'm playing at the moment.

(DISCLAIMER: I'm terrible at all video games. The class I'm playing at the moment is far from over powered. Please don't spam-kill me for laughs.)
  11. selodaoc

selodaoc Cupcake-About-Town

"Again this game will weed out the good from the bad. "
    Most horrible missused comment of all time. Used mostly by mages and healers
    Mellkor likes this.
  12. Bazeleel

Never played a Mage, I do play a healer but your statement is very generalizing and really doesn't help any point you just tried making.

This game will weed out the bad. High skill based games always do.

Look at COD, it's filled with whinny gamers who really have no skill at FPS games.

Then you look at a game like quake or CS. Most of the player base, if not 90%, are highly skilled at the game. The bad ones either go back to COD or stay long enough to get better.
  13. Alex F

Alex F Cupcake

Face it. Eventually there's gonna be an OP class. Sure it's too early now but when that's not longer the issue one class will, no doubt, outdo the rest. It's how it goes with every MMO that has the notion of classes and gear. If you want actual balance, gimp everyone to the same level where they use the same weapons, armor and abilities, cause when everyone's gimped - no one is. But bye-bye diversity.

So yeah, it may be too early to tell, but it's gonna be there. But you know what? I don't think it's gonna be the stalker. After seeing the engineer, my money is on it.
  14. selodaoc

selodaoc Cupcake-About-Town

watching zybaks streams the medic was quite insane aswell. taking on 3-4 players alone and going out the winner without dropping below 50%
  15. Deavon

Deavon Cupcake

You don't see many people who get it these days.
    Some people just don't wanna look at the bigger picture or there just 2 ignorant.
    Its always easier to scream OP... OP... then trying to get your own skill level up.
    Well spoken:up:
  16. home15

home15 New Cupcake

Seems people forgot the World of Roguecraft days, when a Rogue could lay waste to all classes with just two buttons, and shouting in the forums that Rogues took extremely lot of skill to master and that you where just a noob not knowing your own class if ya lost to it. :D
  17. Bazeleel

So could all the other classes with big CC. Before there was diminishing returns was a think it was a lot of who CC'ed first.

Rogue and warlock where the worst out of all the classes.
  18. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Even then, the preparation is brutal.

You have to wait in some shrubbery out of harms way of god knows what aoe, trap, triggers are out there waiting to expose you.

Then you wait or find some poor sod that has stupidly walked away from the group and has left his backside exposed.standing out there in the open just asking to be knifed.

Providing you still have not been detected by the individual or their comrades, you need target him or her, press the sequence of buttons in the correct order and in a timely fashion to circumvent their "oh <REDACTED> meter" relaying they have been targeted and in for impeding doom.

Once you have done all that you are now left exposed as if you woke up naked in a park, and All his comrades are eyeing you saying "ah ha!". The odds of you managing to get back into stealth, avoid all their anti stealth and make a break for the shrubbery is next to none. it is effectively none if yo chose to fight them toe to toe after you have expended you energy and abilities.

Meanwhile, that pally over in the distance has stomped about 13 people in 3 minutes and is currently loling while bubbled.
  19. Bazeleel

Yeah pallets got so stupid as the game went on lol.
  20. RedBlazz

RedBlazz New Cupcake

In my opinion stalkers are not the most OP class in wildstar.My friend is in the beta and i watched him playing a stalker for knowing that hes an 23 years old with an whole 14 years exp i would say he did nothing special,but wait maybe that was cuz he was still learning to pvp in wildstar.Watched streams and saw how those stalkers were getting beaten by spellslingers , engis and warriors so i would gladly say that for now the most op class is Spellslinger
    Bazeleel likes this.