1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Overpowered class

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by selodaoc, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Alex F

Alex F Cupcake

I noticed that stalkers have issues with the stealth opener, in several vids they have to make several attempts to land the attack due to the target moving. Stalkers are not weak, that much is clear but they aren't in godmode either like WoW rogues in stealth.
  2. Dinglewood

Dinglewood New Cupcake

Back from my days as RP gamer :

1) Stealth is not invisibility.
    Most MMORPG make the error to allow invisibility in place of stealth.
    A thief had chances to hide in shadows, and you had to be a very high level thief to hide in them without being see. Invisibility was a major power, mostly magic in this days.

2) I know WS is about technology, but
    > If you are invisible to light then you can't see anything. Could be a good limitation ... you cannot be seen, but you don't see very good. Or part of your sensors need to be visible in order to allow you to see.
    > Even if you are invisible to light, you can be see in IR, UV, X-ray, Magnetic field ... The electromagnetic spectrum is quite large. This too could be a good limitation if they introduce some devices for non-stealth players.

And sorry for my poor english.
  3. selodaoc

selodaoc Cupcake-About-Town

quote]In my opinion stalkers are not the most OP class in wildstar.My friend is in the beta and i watched him playing a stalker for knowing that hes an 23 years old with an whole 14 years exp i would say he did nothing special,but wait maybe that was cuz he was still learning to pvp in wildstar.Watched streams and saw how those stalkers were getting beaten by spellslingers , engis and warriors so i would gladly say that for now the most op class is Spellslinger [/quote]

Pretty much all the bad things that could happen to stalker is in the game.

1. Lack of cc, cant keep enemies close to them, easy to escape from
    2. Lack of skills to remove cc
    3. Not good enough burst, hit one attack from stealth, then endless kiting begins and stalker often has to disengage due to not beeing able to kill. (mage/healers dream)

Thinking more and more of making a warrior instead