1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Purchasing and Pre-Order Mega Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Monkicon, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Iymala

Iymala New Cupcake

Yeah, my first email came about 10 minutes after my purchase... looks like the server gerbils are working hard!
  2. Flinder

Flinder Cupcake

I just got the second email, an unused Serial Number showed up at my NCSoft Account Page and so forth. I applied it, it asked for subscription terms and all that jazz.

The remaining mystery is that the second email didn't tell me what my release serial number is (it said to look on the website) but the website shows only the last four characters and the rest are X. So I guess I don't get to know my SSN.
  3. Stimulate

Stimulate New Cupcake

30 min after the order to the Deluxe edition I received 2 emails, and one stated to check my NCsoft account and it should have a serial code.

Heading over that way next will update if serial is there and the account accepts it.
  4. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

Same here, waiting for the second email. In fact, at first I kept getting an error saying ncsoft was down for maintenence lol. Had to figure they were being bogged down.
  5. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

I received my second email which allowed me the option to go under game management and activate my preorder account. However, I have not done this as I am slightly concerned that activating the 'collector account' might somehow override my beta account with a character above level 32. As I am not in any hurry to activate as I already have weekend access going forward, I will wait a few days to make certain that there were not any issues with full beta accounts being messed up from preorder activation.

I simply pre-ordered today to show my loyalty to Carbine and this awesome game.
  6. Stimulate

Stimulate New Cupcake

Update: The serial was there and after you activate it and input your billing you will be taken back to your account management page. Click Wildstar and you should see the version you purchased, and whatever else.

For ex: My page says

Deluxe activation 3/19
    Beta activation -----
  7. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

The serial number is internal at your NC Soft Account. Go to manage games and you will see any previous Beta access plus your new access, that you can activate.
  8. Koberius

Koberius New Cupcake

Yup, applied the sub info and it went through for me, although the manage game screen for Wildstar does not list a sub. At least I'm locked in now
    Good luck to everyone!
  9. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

I'm pleased to have waited & not attempted a transaction day one, hour one. I will be watching this thread.
  10. Flinder

Flinder Cupcake

I wasn't so prudent and activated. I have two SSNs listed now one is "Beta" (with activation back in November) the other is "Collectors" with an activation date today.

Since my login hasn't changed, it should still connect to my existing 32+ characters. But I guess I'll find out on Friday.
  11. gabers1

I am not certain there is an actual 'issue' as much as anticipation and confusion with people not waiting for the email confirmation to move forward with activation or not going into game management to activate.
    Grommet likes this.
  12. Flinder

Flinder Cupcake

Where's your spirit of adventure?
  13. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

I understand, I'm keeping my eyes open for issues if they do pan out to be singular or widespread. Just being cautious and informed shopper.

In the game, not with my wallet.:sneaky:
  14. gabers1

I am betting all will be perfectly fine Flinder. I am just being overly cautious with no valid reason for not activating, just being a bit anal as I have no need to activate right now. ;)
  15. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Yep. No issue, just confusion. The Email kind of says it has the code but it doesn't. You have to log into your NC SOft Account, which you had to create to pre-order, after getting the second email.
  16. Dordrey

Dordrey New Cupcake

got 2nd email hour later zzz lol all good now just takes a rather long time
  17. Seerees

Seerees New Cupcake

The sub piece has the same "wait for the second email" mechanic. Once I got the subs "fulfillment is complete" email the sub appeared on the billing page.
  18. Koberius

Koberius New Cupcake

Yeah, I've had four or five e-mails in all but it looks all good now and the game is listed with my others.
    Friday night can't get here fast enough =D
  19. Dordrey

Dordrey New Cupcake

ya the first email should probably not say the code was attached to account
  20. Ghostwrytes

Ghostwrytes New Cupcake

The chief reason I elected to pre-order was because I thought it would allow me to reserve my character name before others were able to snag it. I have used my serial code on the website and am downloading the client, but I still don't see any information about name reservations. Does anyone else have any information on this?