1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Fansite The Scowling Cassian: A WildStar Roleplaying blog

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Brenner, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Brenner

Brenner Cupcake-About-Town

I've been extremely enthusiastic about WildStar coming out and I just can't get enough. In fact, I've started my own blog here in regards to the role-playing community and WildStar. I am honored to add that the blog also contains commentary from the esteemed Cassian of the Imperial Corps of Intelligence himself: Agent Hawkens.

I invite anyone to come check it out, leave comments, request topics and discuss with other like minded individuals!

Hope to see you there!
    http://scowlingcassian.blogspot.com/
  2. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Awesome site Brenner. Bookmarked under my WildStar folder. :up:
    Brenner likes this.
  3. Brenner

Thank you kindly! I love sharing my ideas and excitement with the community and love hearing from them even more! Hope to see you around!

Oh and Agent Hawkens would like me to remind that he is carefully monitoring the site and any traitorous comments or actions towards the Wondrous Empire of the Dominion will be met with the swift and brutal judgement of the ICI.

Fair warning.

Edit: Dyraele you may wish to check the edit I added to my latest blog article (I almost forgot it in my excitement to post!) I think you will enjoy it.
    Dyraele likes this.
  4. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Thanks Brenner for the mention. Still love watching it. :)
    Brenner likes this.
  5. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

How could I say no to a Dominion affiliated blog? I will check it out. :)
    Brenner likes this.
  6. Brenner

Glory to the Empire!
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  7. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Great blog, I really enjoy reading it! You bring up some very good subjects and points in a calm and collected manner that is really nice to see.
    Brenner likes this.
  8. Brenner

Thank you kindly, I really appreciate it! It has been a blast to create this blog especially with all the positive feedback I've received thus far.
  9. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

As I don't trust Blogger one iota anymore:

http://www.wildstar-central.com/ind...on-protostar-anti-gravity-sitting-field.1395/, with regards to your "Sitting" issue.

Excellent work with that pitch for emotes! It would add so much fun and depth to the game if we could actually do this. I never played TSW but those personalised idle stances sound like so much fun!

Little details are really what make or break a world, and if Carbine would be so kind as to add these animations, they will further cement themselves as on of my favourite devs, ever.
    Jynetik and Brenner like this.
  10. Brenner

Your sitting issue idea is brilliant.

Thank you kindly for the feedback. Emotes especially are such an amazing tool we can use in these richly visual worlds (one of the greatest advantages of the mmorpg, imo) and it is such a shame to see such talented work go into underused or foolish emotes people never use.

As Carbine has definitely made it clear that they are listening to what we say, now is a good time to tell them the types of things we are looking for!
  11. Brenner

InnocentCivilian and Evion like this.
  12. Brenner

13. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Bookmarked so hard I broke firefox and had to type this out using chrome. If you've been to my thread you know my stance on role playing and your blog is well made which easily makes it one of my new favorite things.
    Brenner likes this.
  14. Brenner

Bwahahaha, amazing! I do very much know your stance and have definitely frequented your thread even if I haven't commented much. I am very flattered you enjoy my blog and I hope it continues to please. Feel free to share any article suggestions if you have any! And keep up the awesome work in your thread!
  15. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Thanks! I'd love to see an article on role playing the exotic, the challenges associated with it, suggestions on how to best pull it off, and how it is different from role playing something we are all familiar with; humans.
    Brenner likes this.
  16. Brenner

That is an excellent one! Normally I tend to play the more exotic beast or machine races because I find them refreshingly new and exciting. Only recently have I tried some humans. Thanks for sharing that with me! I'll be brainstorming on that right away. Keep your eyes peeled...
  17. Brenner

InnocentCivilian and Jynetik like this.
  18. Brenner

19. Brenner

3.5k views for the Scowling Cassian. Thank you so much to everyone in this awesome community and on WSRP. Your support and enthusiasm have been astounding.

I'm always looking for more input, if you have any topic suggestions, comments or questions for Hawkens, feel free to drop me a line here, on WSRP or my email (shown on my blog)

You guys are the best!
    InnocentCivilian and Críostóir like this.
  20. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I have to admit, I've never roleplayed before; but as someone who is interested in the idea, your blog's really informative! :laugh:. I'm so into Wildstar's lore and setting that if ever I roleplay in an MMO, it'd probably be this game :p.

I have a potential blog topic for you: what are your pro tips for roleplaying a member of the opposite gender? :p I am leaning towards a female character for Wildstar, but that could lead to some awkward RP situations!
    Brenner likes this.