1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Fansite The Scowling Cassian: A WildStar Roleplaying blog

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Brenner, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Brenner

Brenner Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you kindly! I am glad to hear that my blog is helpful! Roleplaying can really be rewarding and WildStar is an excellent setting to get started in, should you so choose.

Actually that is an excellent blog topic. I know a lot of people who roleplay as the opposite of their gender and have talked about it quite a bit with my old guilds. I'll get brainstorming on that and set it up for a future post. Thank you for your input!
    Jynetik likes this.
  2. Brenner

Guide, Lumzk, Yakzan and 4 others like this.
  3. Críostóir

Críostóir Cupcake-About-Town

Brenner and Fate Flyer like this.
  4. Brenner

Thank you kindly! It is really wonderful when we run into people like this. They are very memorable and I'd like to think their kindness rubs off on us and helps to make us better people as well.
    Yakzan likes this.
  5. Brenner

Hey guys, check out this fantastic gift from Himmel of WSRP for the Scowling Cassian! It's perfect!!
    Be sure to check out the rest of their amazing artwork on their WSRP thread here!

[​IMG]
    Kurik, Kaldina, Joukehainen and 3 others like this.
  6. Críostóir

That is absolutely brilliant - I shall have to make a sojourn over to the WSRP at some point soon!
    Brenner likes this.
  7. Brenner

Yes! Come hang out with us!
    Críostóir likes this.
  8. Críostóir

I can't wait for the final races to be revealed so I can finally start planning out a backstory for my darn <RECHUA'D>.
    Brenner likes this.
  9. Brenner

When you do, be sure to come post it alongside all the other amazing character bios here on WSRP! We love getting to see the community's creative genius!
    Críostóir likes this.
  10. Brenner

11. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Aw cheers for that Brenner! And thanks also to Londrieved for the guest question-answering! ^____^

I agree with a lot of what he said :). Character motivation, wants/desires, etc are what really defines a character, and a lot of these factors can be gender-neutral.

The only really tricky part for me, I think, are things like getting 'hit on' in-game (only in a roleplay situation of course) - that sorta stuff I wouldn't know how to deal with. :p

At the moment, I am awfully keen on coming up with a more elaborate backstory for my character, especially after reading all this. XD I'm probably still too much of a powergamer to roleplay (I do do things like read all quest text / talk to everyone / admire the scenery, but I also try to get through content at a fairly brisk pace because of very limited free time and fear of being too far below the curve :p) but I like to know that I *could* roleplay if I feel like it! ;)
    Brenner and Jynetik like this.
  12. Brenner

So my first suggestion would be to stop by WildStar-roleplay.com if you want to see some other fantastic character designs to help get the creative juices flowing. As for power gaming, really...don't worry. I know a lot of people who spend time leveling and at least hitting max with one character before they will roleplay. I know sometimes I do that, just because I like the sense of accomplishment/love the game, etc etc. So honestly, you do not need to jump into the RP scene immediately just to be allowed in. Many people join months or even years into the game and all are welcomed.

Now if you would like to get involved sooner, keep an eye on WSRP or maybe stop by when we roll our characters come launch and then just swing by whenever you feel like it. Perhaps some days you might enjoy taking a small break from leveling and you can always drop in for some casual rp!

As for getting "hit-on" hmmm... well, look at it this way. If you were your character, would you feel comfortable being hit on by others, male or female? Online there is an anonyminity that allows people to be a bit more open, so this is a very real potential. I, personally take it as a huge compliment since often times the attraction to another character is in their personality and actions moreso then their looks. (though not always XD)
    If the answer were to be something like "eh maybe, but I am a guy and don't want to be hit on by guys, or w/e then perhaps you might want to rethink your choice if it might make you very uncomfortable. However, if your character might be a little awkward, or even if you are just slightly awkwarded out by it then play that out.

For example, Hawkens is completely and utterly socially inept when it comes to anything other then formal situations, his work or something in his expertise. So if people try to small talk him or, heaven forbid, they flirt with him, he grows intensely flustered and awkward. He might grow stand offish or attempt to evade the conversation or simply stutter and sulk in the corner.

I've found that people generally find this awkwardness endearing. It also makes a decent enough reason to never pursue the "hitting on" any further then that.

So the short answer is: Don't sweat it. You have full control over the situation on your end. If you don't like it, don't pursue it. If you are too uncomfortable by the idea, maybe rethink your options. Also, there is nothing wrong with being a hardcore gamer AND a good roleplayer. We still love the game too, so join at your own pace!
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  13. Brenner

Críostóir likes this.
  14. Críostóir

Something Expensive
    "Because there comes a time every day when, no matter what the question is, the answer is: Something Expensive."

I love how the sketches from Evion and Sushi add to the article. :)

I think a lot of people equate "mundane" with the boring and unimaginative, but I like to think of it as being closer to "worldly." We spend our days taking out all manner of monstrosities and our heroic deeds are legend... At the end of the day, that becomes the ordinary.

As funny as it sounds, the little things like "Something Expensive" are that much more interesting in comparison.
    Brenner likes this.
  15. Brenner

Oooo 'worldly' very well put. I like it! And yes! You've got it right there! By being heroic and doing all these fantastic things, that becomes just normal everyday life. Suddenly returning home to see a bustling marketplace or to spend some quiet time at a picnic with friends becomes a true treasure.

That and I'm totally adding in your "Something Expensive" quote, love it ;)
    Jynetik and Críostóir like this.
  16. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I love this blog so much...
    Brenner and Críostóir like this.
  17. Cupcake

Cupcake Cupcake

Love your blog, thank you for sharing! This community is the coolest MMO community to grace the internet, ever. :up:
    Brenner likes this.
  18. Brenner

D'awwww thanks! And I love your thread, those comics are AMAZING! (even if they make me sniffle)
  19. Brenner

Thanks much! And YES, this is the best community I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of! WildStar ftw!
  20. Brenner