1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Fansite The Scowling Cassian: A WildStar Roleplaying blog

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Brenner, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Brenner

Brenner Cupcake-About-Town

Evion likes this.
  2. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I have to admit, Johne, that was excellent as usual. Thanks very much for dissecting the disclaimers; Disclaimer Guy really, REALLY likes screwing with us, and may he never, ever stop.

It's true that for all the amazing things you have in the big picture, you need a solid set of core mechanics to really get the most out of them--or get them to work in the first place. Not many people will enjoy your epic vistas if getting there in the first place is a humongous pain in the [REDACTED].

I will not ask about the first time you used dual analog sticks. I am, however, rather curious, mostly because I actually use an Xbox 360 controller in lieu of a regular mouse--and even then, said mouse is a trackball.

It's true and so very underutilized that an amazing way to get around the world is a massive source of fun in itself. I applaud both Carbine and the devs of Dishonored for redesigning the world instead of nerfing some of the coolest abilities I've every seen in a game.

Personally, I do not look forward to jumping around for fun, but in finding new and inventive ways to get killed horribly. I will be dashing, leaping, teleporting and what have you-ing into combat for the sole purpose of seeing if it gets me horribly murdered or catches my opponent off-guard long enough for me to get in a hit, then be horribly murdered. Science, ala "LEEROY JENKINS!" you could say.

Also, I will be using my Spellslinger to troll people with that Portal style skill. That, or think of some new and inventive places to call my grave.
    Brenner likes this.
  3. Brenner

Haha thanks Ruff! I have so much fun pulling apart these videos. They are amusing and informative and provide some gorgeous screens as well.

Movement is so important, from exploring the world to walking beside your friends when you roleplay. From the combat actions of your characters to emotes that add just that extra little bit of flavor.

As for the controller, I was raised on a keyboard and mouse so when I first sat down to play Halo with my friends I ended up staring at the floor or the ceiling while pathetically flopping around. It was humorous and embarassing. Then somehow I managed to play FEAR in college on a touch pad on my laptop...ugh never again. I am impressed with your style.

I also applaud Carbine and Dishonored and all those devs out there who do their best to make the game fun and balance the needs of their players'.

And definitely. I will have much fun exploring and much fun launching myself off every glorious vista in new and horrible ways. I seriously cannot wait to start wandering Nexus.

Also that last frame of the disclaimer...the one at the end. One frame, ONE FRAME. ARG CARBINE WHYYYY!?
    Evion likes this.
  4. Brenner

Evion and Azhdaha like this.
  5. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

Nice insight into how to ease yourself into RP. It's not something that I've done much of personally (mostly because I never felt like the games I played treated it as anything more than an afterthought), but I'd like to get into it more over time. Of course, now the main thing stopping me from fleshing out my character is the fact that the Chua haven't been officially unleashed upon the world, but... hopefully that'll change soon.
    Brenner likes this.
  6. Brenner

Thank you kindly! And yeah I completely understand. But know that WildStar not only takes its RP community seriously, but actively engages them. A cool article about that from WSRP's Patrician here:
    http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/m/11410152/viewthread/6750765-carbine-hearts-roleplayers

So if you want to give it a try, I highly recommend here!

And yes, hopefully our last races and classes will be released soon. I know a lot of people are waiting patiently for them ;)
    Azhdaha likes this.
  7. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

I
    Another great article - thanks for the link, Brenner! I plan on making my way over there at some point!
  8. Brenner

Excellent!! Always happy to have more over at WSRP!
  9. Brenner

10. Brenner

[​IMG]

An amazing Commission by Bloodraptor! Agent Hawkens in his full glory!
    Kethrym, Jynetik and Fate Flyer like this.
  11. Brenner

Kethrym likes this.
  12. Brenner

Kethrym and Evion like this.
  13. Brenner

Kethrym likes this.
  14. Brenner

Kethrym likes this.