1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The WildStar Community Pays it Forward, Here!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Aether, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drayvo

Drayvo Cupcake

So, I already have a different video on page 13 of this post, but when I listened to this awesome rap by Jonchron I HAD to defend my Dominion honor. Here is how I spent my Sunday. Loved every second of making it although I'm very inexperienced with all the software I used. Anyway, I hope you like! Unless you're Exile scum =D

Go Dominion!
    Chim, vicksen, Davey Diablo and 2 others like this.
  2. Trinitite

Trinitite New Cupcake

Well here's my contribution. Decided to start working on writing some fiction, which I originally posted elsewhere! http://wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/m/11410152/viewthread/7563671-captain-cat-prowler-in-over-barrel art is provided by Zachula of DeviantArt, who has worked on a couple pieces of Cat for me. In the process of doing some of my own work for a webcomic!

CAPTAIN CAT PROWLER:
    OVER A BARREL
    By Sir Lucian Meriwether​
    [​IMG]

FOREWORD

Let it be said that when I first encountered Sir Meriwether, I did not consider him a man of any particular worth. He was not physically impressive, if anything he was a lanky skeleton of a man whose patched beard, greasy black hair, and shredded filth stained clothes made him look more like a homeless disease ridden vagabond than the seasoned diseased ridden roustabout he professed to be.

However, Meriwether was my only company after my marooning on previously uncharted and thought to be unsettled (though quite uncivilized) border world. For his company I was at first typically ungrateful as most are upon their initial meeting of the sniveling and frustratingly foppish failure of manliness that Meriwether so well embodies. It wasn’t until our sixth day together however, when he proved his worth as bait for some of the planet’s natural predators and later as a beast of burden and somewhat impromptu shield against the elements that I began to appreciates good Meriwether’s presence on that miserable planet.

It didn’t take long for me to determine that Meriwether had never served upon a star-going vessel and that his claims were all an attempt to impress upon me his usefulness so that during the inevitable outcome of my escape from the planet that I might decide in a moment of lax wisdom to allow the fellow to leave with me. I am however a good judge of character and left Meriwether behind after seizing the helm of a Marubian game-hunting vessel that had stopped on the world for a hunting trip. I am however not so cruel a woman as to have stranded its passengers, and after assuring them that they would be fine after I returned to a proper pirate port (I will note however that I made no assurance as to the state of their valuables upon my departure), I would not wish to ruin what was meant to be a bit of fun and vacation between friends, after all.

Unfortunately, Meriwether is more slippery than an oiled Chua, and he somehow managed to worm his way onboard the Bounty like the parasite he embodies. While he was pleading for his life in the cargo hold and begging not to be thrust out an airlock, Meriwether let slip that he was a writer of some talent and he offered to write the most flattering biography of me. Who was I to turn down free publicity; much less a crafting of such tales that it would have given the other pirate lords cause for great envy and perhaps even fear. I do to some degree regret my lapse of judgment in Meriwether’s abilities; his embellishment was not quite as grand as I had initially hoped, and I do put to question how he was able to gather some information concerning my various escapades.

However, there were a number of times that Meriwether’s presence did serve as an actual boon during my various adventures across the galaxy. Let it be said that my initial opinion of Meriwether was also false. He does clean up somewhat nice and can present himself as a gentleman, albeit a spindly and dreadfully un confident one at that.
    Again, one can never turn down free publicity, though if I had known how taxing Meriwether might have proven to be, or the particular genre of fiction he was skilled at writing, I should have undeniably said no.
    -Captain Cat

Chapter 1
    The Captain’s Daughter had taken an awful pounding. The engagement had been going on for what seemed like hours, though in truth much less time had passed. Blown out control panels spilled out their wires like a disemboweled mechanical beast, sparking intestines adding an unsettling strobe of light to the darkened bridge that was bathed in the dull red glow of emergency lighting. An ancillary weapons terminal blew out in a cascade of light, its operator, a brave young Cassian lad slung from his seat by the explosion. He lay upon the steel of the deck, his sharp youthful features bloodied and marred by light burns and shards of glass.

“On your feet Devax, no one on my ship takes it lying down.” Captain Cat stated steadily, as if un-phased by the dire potential of the situation we all found ourselves facing. She stood behind the captain’s console, hands braced on the sides of the terminal while glaring out the bridge’s primary viewport with purpose and resignation set in those sharp blue eyes. It was clear that she knew they might not make it out of this one alive, and she had come to terms with it. Perspiration beaded across her brow, the heat on the bridge had grown intense from erratic electrical fires, one of which was being sprayed with fire suppressants by a looming Mechari with stern mechanical features and a decidedly stoic demeanor. “Captain, it is highly improbable that we will survive this engagement, might I suggest…”

“Jump drive disabled, fire in engineering, life support failure in three minutes.” Announced the ship’s computer in perfectly accented and proper Cassian, though its tone wavered between bursts of disruptive static.

The Mechari’s features shifted in the equivalent of a raised brow, his glowing orange gaze turning to Cat, “It would seem that running is impossible now. Your course of action, Captain?”

“Cut all power, terminate life-support. Deploy all life-boats on the starboard side.” Cat commanded, her monocular visor flipping down over her left eye in dramatic punctuation to the proclamation.

I might have let out an embarrassingly shrill cry of despair at the order; the sudden realization that your life is about to end leads to all manner of dark imaginings, yet my mind kept tumbling back to one singular thought; I was going to die in unclean undergarments. Suffocation is nasty business, and it was terribly likely that in those final terrible moments, grasping at my own throat as I turned a sickening shade of blue, that my bowels would make one final declarative statement. My propensity for enjoying a large breakfast (the most important meal of the day) would be the most shameful part of my undoing. Surely while our corpses were being picked over by our assailants, one of the ruthless corsairs that assailed us would put out the query as to what that smell could be. “Why, I do believe this man soiled himself out of fear in his last desperate moments.”

The thought of this news reaching back to the home world and my dearest Penelope filled me with the greatest amount of fear. I could imagine all my friends and countrymen gathered around my casket with noses wrinkled in disgust all the while attempting to wear a mask of proper mourning. “Poor Meriwether, he never deserved this fate, to die shamed, in poverty. I am not surprised however that he died a coward with britches full of offal.”

Slamming her gloved right fist down on the com button, Captain Cat spoke once again, the forcefulness of the blow drawing my attention back to reality. “Grab your guns and pull up your knickers, gentlemen. They may have us over a barrel but we’re not going to give up the ship just yet! Prepare to be boarded!” Cat turned away from the console to look those of us left on the bridge over, her sharp features studying each of us in turn. Despite her questionable upbringing, the self-proclaimed pirate queen, possessed the regal countenance of a true noble lady, this appearance quite starkly juxtaposed by her temper, questionably lewd behavior and language, tendencies towards violence, general disregard for authority, and actions unbecoming of a lady that would have made her the subject of all-manner of slovenly descriptive nouns. I do have to admit, and do not think less of me should you ever read this Dearest Penelope, but the Captain was a rather stunning woman, and it was sometimes difficult not to steal a glance at the way the hex-patterned material of the nano-weaved sea-green battle-coat hugged her figure, or how her waist narrowed with the plas-steel corseting of the armor. If it weren’t for the armored bracers with their menacing retractable claws, and for the fact that it incorporated armor-plated pants and boots more befitting of a rake, and the spellslinger pistols resting in their holsters low on her hips, her garb might be befitting of a landed Cassian or wealthy tradeswoman and less the unscrupulous ruffian. In fact under further consideration, no matter how the Captain was dressed she lacked the proper countenance to pass for any such role. “Mister Klayne, see to it that the men are ready and in fighting spirit. If I know the motherless Draken knocking at our airlock, and I do, he won’t sink us till the cargo is safe.”

“Lifeboats away,” The computer announced, a flickering display overlay appearing over the wide viewport that dominated the entire front of the bridge, giving a clear view of deep space and the considerable damage that had been done to the sleek sea-green blockade runner that was the Captain’s Daughter. The display showed numerous escape pods being jettisoned from the starboard side of the vessel, their thrusters burning bright. The low vibrations of flak fire could be felt through the Daughter’s hull as the Devourer opened up with its batteries on the escape craft. One by one they were torn apart, some exploding into brief colorful fireballs.

The Mechari, Klayne, looked on placidly, “A clever bluff Captain, Krel’awk will assume most of the crew dead in the escape attempt. This is one of your father’s moves. Though it will not take long for him to realize he has been played. I expect there is more to this plan, otherwise it is left wanting.”

“Correct as always, Mister Klayne. Get any men in fighting shape to the hold, everyone else should hole up in medical with Doc, he should be able to keep them safe for a time.” The black ventilator she strapped over her mouth gave a soft hiss as it started filtering in oxygen. “I do believe I gave you an order to get back on your feet.” She stated once more to the downed Casian youth, Devax, a recent and certainly eager recruit that Cat had picked up several ports ago. She had a tendency to scoop up the pretty one, though they never lasted long. Devax reached up to grip the Captains’ gloved hand and she yanked him up, the lad giving the shorter woman a nod and determined bloody grin. Maybe this one was made of sterner stuff. “Back standing and ready for more, that’s the spirit lad.” Then the Captain’s gaze turned to me, the visor over her eye glowing brightly. “Come along you waister, hope you’ve been taking your lessons and handle a pistol better than last time.”

The sad truth was, I hadn’t been, guns terrified me.

Chapter 2

Shooting fish in a barrel, it was the first unfortunate idiom that came to mind and seemed far too appropriate for the situation I now found myself in. When I was a youth, my father (a much more fiscal man than myself) would sometimes take me aboard one of the family’s shipping vessels while it was still in port to better my familiarity with the business. The Meriwethers made their money through the shipping and acquisition of the Arborian Slapper fish. The rare fish had become something of a delicacy back home and due to it only existing on the Aurin homeworld of Arboria, and the difficulty of catching the elusive tendril bearing fish. After our cargo vessels had extracted a sizable bounty they would return, the fish loaded high in barrels and moved off to be sold. I often wondered two things, one was how uncomfortable these fish must have been packed so very tightly among their brethren, and two was why anyone would feel the peculiar need to take a shot at one. Having been sealed in the equivalent of such a barrel so tightly that my elbows were now intimately reacquainted with my ribs, and the pistol I had been granted sat lose at the bottom of the barrel, resting between my feet and just out of reach in the graceless squatting position I was forced into. It was at that point, with the heavy footsteps of the armed corsairs right outside of my hiding position that I was painfully aware, should a fight break out, and a stray or deliberate shot hit my barrel, that I would be as easily perforated as those fish that found themselves on the opposite end of a pistol-toting fellow with an intense dislike of seafood.

It was unfortunately by design that I found myself in this particularly uncomfortable state, being that I was the smallest among those that had ventured to the hold and the only one that would fit within this barrel in question. Others, such as Captain Cat, who had chosen to share space with Devax, were fortunate enough to be blessed with much larger containers and more breathing room. I did count my blessings that I wasn’t forced to snuggle up to a member of the Daughter’s crew however. It was while I was considering developing a rather severe case of claustrophobia in the hopes of being moved to a better container that the Corsairs arrived; they had boarded us and begun sweeps of the ship; just as Cat had predicted, they immediately went for the cargo hold; the blast doors had been sealed to the bridge, the Captain’s thinking being that as long as they couldn’t gain access, it would be presumed that she and other survivors would have been there and in medical, which was subsequently sealed. The cargo was what they were after, so it made sense for them to clear the hold then leave and destroy the Daughter afterwards, much less fuss. Hiding amid the aforementioned cargo was the Captain’s idea to prevent that from happening.

The conversations outside of the barrel were muddled, impossible to interpret or distinguish. I found myself holding my breath, worried that they might hear the hiss of my re-breather and decide to take a look inside. It was difficult not to let out a panicked scream when the barrel suddenly went into motion and was roughly deposited on its side. It was even more difficult not to get sick in my mask when the barrel was sent rolling across the deck, eventually coming to a sudden stop and righted once more. I could feel the vibration of ion engines, no doubt belonging to the transport shuttlecraft we had just been moved upon. It would not be long till the Captain would spring into action.

It happened with great sound and fury. The door to the captain’s container was blasted off its hinges and flattened an unsuspecting Chua that let slip a terrified yelp. One foot planted atop the slat of metal and the alien beneath it, Cat pressed the attack, pistol letting fly a volley of brilliant spell fire at the shocked Corsairs. Devax followed after with plasma cutlass in hand. The rest of the Daughter’s fighting men and women were soon to follow, bursting forth from containers aboard the cargo shuttle and pouring into the Devourer’s monstrous hold. Swords clashed brilliantly, the chamber illuminated brightly with flashes of laser fire. Though we were only twenty in number, we had the advantage, and the Corsairs fell quickly in the confusion, some before they could even draw a weapon or before a single alarm could be sounded.

"Devax, see if you can access and override any security systems they might have, we need to make certain that our approach is unnoticed." Cat ordered the youth who gave a nod and immediately ran over to an operations console on the starboard side of the room; he had the console gutted and was reworking the wires with a function I could not begin to grasp. "Mister Klayne, you and the rest of the men are with me."

We left Devax to his devices and had him lock the large sliding doors behind us, the emergency blast doors slamming down heavily reminding us that there was no turning back.

"Its terribly quiet..." Cat noted, pistol in hand as she led the boarding party through the central corridors of the vessel. Even with the alarms deactivated, and knowing that Krel'awk had boarders aboard the Daughter at this very moment, there was a distinct lack of crew encountered, especially for a vessel this size. This deck was predominately lodging for the crew however, and considering all hands would have been called to Action Stations, the lack of run-ins with any more corsairs could be excused. It wasn't long before we reached the central lift system.

"Everyone in and stand ready, gentlemen!" The boarding party was forced to split between two large lifts, Klayne leading one group, Cat with the other. The plan of attack, as the Captain had informed us prior was for Klayne to seize engineering, where they could overpower the ship's systems and help even the numbers, while Cat's group would head straight for the bridge where the Captain would be dealt with, hopefully resulting in the ship's surrender. The doors slid shut and the lifts thrummed to life, Cat's heading upwards at a brisk pace.

Suddenly, the lift lurched and I lost my footing, tumbling to the floor with absolute gracelessness. Cat and the others kept their balance. "What was that?" One of the crew exclaimed.

"The lift just changed directions." Cat professed, grip tightening on her pistol. The lift stopped and the doors started to open, and sure enough as soon as they began to part, we were greeted with a barrage of laser fire. Several such blasts caught a young blue lad in the chest; he didn't even have time to cry out in pain, the life having left him before his smoking corpse landed. Cat reacted with great haste, leveling her pistol at the lift's control console and letting slip a blast. An explosion of sparks erupted from the console and it let out a dying whine, the doors stopping halfway. She threw herself against one of them, planting a shoulder against it and pushing, teeth grit in exertion. "Get the other, put your back into it!" She shouted, one of the crew following without hesitation. The rest of us tried to get out of the way of the laser fire being poured into the space, claiming another sailor. With their combined efforts, they managed to force the doors shut.

Not a moment later, the small cylindrical chamber was cast in a reddish glow, a holographic display flaring to life above the door. The scarred features of a Draken whose expression bore a perpetual scowl, the appearance of which was enhanced further by the fact that his bottom jaw had been replaced with a metal prosthetic that bore an exceptionally pronounced underbite. One of his thick horns had also been cleaved off at the base on the right side of his head, along with half of a pointed ear. He peered at us intensely with malevolent slit-pupil eyes.

"Krel'awk..." Cat practically spat with disdain.

"Finally, I have you in my grasp..." The projection raised a meaty fist. "I'll enjoy squeezing the life out of you, just as I did your father."

"Watch your traitor’s tongue, vermin. I'll have you shamed and begging for death before we’re done with you, such is the fate of mutineers." She answered, left hand tightening around the pistol on her belt.

"You should better pick your battles, you mewling, pathetic little whelp. I have your ship and her crew at my mercy, half of your boarding party has either surrendered or been slain, and here you are, trapped in a can. Maybe I'll peel off the lid and help myself to the meat inside...."

"You're welcome to try." Cat snarled, her optics flashing dangerously.

"No, I don't think I will.." Krel'awk stated, leaning back to steeple his sausage-like fingers. "I'll just jettison the lift instead and be done with you, in one final stroke. Here the Prowler legacy ends." Those fat red fingers reached forward with purpose, no doubt about to bring our doom.

"Do that and you'll never see your prize," Cat quipped. From her neck she plucked a pendant, a peculiar mechanical compass, its alien etching glowing with faint orange light. "My father's secret."

The Draken captain's beady eyes widened, "Cut open the doors, kill her and bring me the compass!"

"Tut-tut, don't be so quick to see this to an early finish. Do that and you'll never unlock the secrets of the Eldan that it hides." Cat chided, evidence of a plan lurking in the confidence of her voice. "Only a Prowler knows how to operate the compass...and last I checked, you've almost seen that line to its end. Kill me..." She tossed the compass into the air, snatching it up dramatically. "and the secrets die with me. Harm my crew, and I'll bite off my own tongue before I tell you a lick of what it could have to say."

Krel'awk's greedy eyes narrowed to slits. He didn't appreciate these terms, but it was evident the gamble paid off. "Throw them in the brig."

(To Be Continued)
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  3. NeedMoreMMO

NeedMoreMMO New Cupcake

Hi,
    I dont have a lot of artistic skills, so i made some meme's that show how most of this community feels about the game and the beta.

About the Beta!
    [​IMG]

About the game!
    [​IMG]

enjoy!
  4. salazar

salazar Cupcake-About-Town

The contribution im most happy about is that i got my friends interested in the game, so that i have friendly faces to play with. Together with one of my friends we created a wildstar fan page. We didn't really make it for "pay it forward" but we figured we might aswell try and enter.

The site is very new and we are still working on alot of things. Right now we are working on just getting alot of information about the game on the site.

http://wildstar-nerds.com/

- We hope its okay with wildstar-central that we link to a fan page from here. We werent gonna do any advertisement here, but we wanted to enter the competition.
    Davey Diablo and Mykol like this.
  5. Antrix32

Antrix32 New Cupcake

Humanconcept.jpg Wasn't able to finish it fully but the deadline but, here is my digital painting of a concept of a human soldier/engineer type character. Im not that good at drawing the wildstar art style so sorry if it doesnt really fit the aesthetic. This is my second entry by the way.
    Valdana, Dysp and Mykol like this.
  6. BlackSwan

BlackSwan New Cupcake

Hey everyone.

I've been unable to participate on these wonderful forums due to a monstrous amount of admin that has plagued me over the past few months. Here is my detailed Gaming Profile (see "Information") and my Raptr Profile for those who're interested. The former may be TL;DR for some, but it showcases the MMOs I've played and BETA tested. :)

I am posting my submission on behalf of my clan. Grim Wolves was established in 2012 by a group of spirited, equable, like-minded individuals who sought to achieve excellence in the field of competitive massively multiplayer online gaming. Upon it's inception, Grim Wolves was solely a Guild Wars 2 guildfocussed on PvE/WvW progression. Since then, we have evolved into a semi-hardcore multi-game community of friends, with members in Gauteng, the Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal. Our aim is to provide a multi-game, MMO-oriented clan for South African gamers with a "semi-hardcore" but "dedicated" play style. We represent quality, not quantity. We stake no claim to being the biggest local clan, but are proud to have among our ranks some of South Africa's most notorious online gaming/Do Gaming League veterans from both Unforgiven Gaming (est. 2007) and Veneration E-Sports (est. 2012) (i.e. Quake,Counter Strike, DotA, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Starcraft, World of Warcraft). As a community, we have considerable MMO experience, and look forward to expanding our membership in all the existing and upcoming MMOs we'll be participating in this year. We have GMs, Raid Leaders, Progression Team members and I believe that, with our combined years of raiding experience, we have a solid chance at some South African firsts!

Clan Info:
    Home Page and Forums (Undergoing Maintenance/Revamp)
    Facebook Community Page
    Steam Community Page

Disclaimer: Despite what the following artwork may insinuate, Grim Wolves does not expect and is definitely not demanding BETA access. The artwork below was created by BlackSwan in the spirit of roleplay and facetiousness!

MY "PAY IT FORWARD" SUBMISSIONS:

http://i.imgbox.com/acfcmKUN.jpg
    [​IMG]

http://i.imgbox.com/aci1Ymqx.jpg
    R-L: Peshet; lordhi; Toki; Unsane; BlackSwan; Rehab; Banelight; Stanlie; Jakke31; RedRavenSA

[​IMG]

As a point of interest, each character is a composite of minimum 5 images. :sleep:

Two years ago, when WildStar was announced at Gamescom, I never imagined that it would become one of the most anticipated MMOs of 2013. Until Q4 of 2012, the devs had kept things tightly under wraps. Information on the project was scant and newsletters were only being sent every other month. Having worked inAdvertising/Marketing for years I thought, "I see what you did there WildStar!" While other MMOs promoted themselves silly — shamelessly punting founder packs and launching prematurely (sans content) — it became clear that Carbine were holding back; observing the pitfalls and successes of their contemporaries. They had their ear to the ground as far as their customer needs were concerned, as it's now obvious that they were absorbing community feedback like a sponge.

WildStar instantly captured my attention in the same way World of Wacraft did eight years ago. A vast and seamless open world is available for players to explore, and subsequently wreak havoc on. Like World of Warcraft, there are two primary factions to choose from and players are provided with all of the familiar content millions of us have become accustomed to over the past decade — and then some! The graphical style is bold, colourful, exaggerated and tongue-in-cheek; it's light-heartedness creating a fun and relaxed environment to explore.

Grim Wolves has been following WildStar like a religion since it's announcement and we're extremely excited about it's release. The game appears to have great longevity thus far, and definitely caters for those of us who enjoy a REAL challenge as far as difficult PvE end-game content is concerned. Up until this year, many South African gamers seemed blissfully unaware that WildStar even existed. When I'd mention it, peeps would say,"WhatStar now?" This is why we decided to step up and get the South African community on board. The site will be a meeting place for any and all South African WildStar clans to congregate, communicate and recruit. We'll be participating as Grim Wolves, but will be running the community site in an unbiased fashion. Our domain is live and another designer will be assisting me to flesh out our website/forums as we intend for it to be as clean, slick and easy to navigate as possible. For the time being, we're using our WildStar South Africa Facebook community page to keep interested parties up to date with information gathered from numerous sources on the interwebs. Though we still have three sections of game content to post, you'll find a fair amount of detailed info there. The page will be open for comments as soon as the three missing sections have been added. Related Topic on: GW2SA; Related Topic on: Unforgiven Gaming

Though FPS/RTS is alive and kickin', the South African MMO community is incredibly niche. We may not have the numbers to create sprawling communities - but we compensate with loyal, close-knit groups and a great sense of humour! Personally, I enjoy the social aspect of gaming communities and always jump at the opportunity to contribute creatively. Here are some examples of how I like to contribute:

++ A Slideshow including some of my PS works from my first clan of 4 years,
    Shadow Conclave (and also proof of our credentials).

++ A Slideshow including some of my PS works from my second and current clan of 4 years, Unforgiven II.

Guild Wars 2 South Africa "Movember" Competition (Original Competition Thread):
    My Entry #1: A Rather GRIM Movember
    My Entry #2: Like aSURa!
    Lippsy, Banelight, lordhi and 5 others like this.
  7. radiuju

radiuju New Cupcake

I can't say I've done anything awesome like host a live stream or create a forum, or even create video content. But I've done the smaller things that count. I've favourited, liked, and subscribed to wildstar content creators on youtube, such as Bogotter who creates Nexus Talk, ZybakTV, and WildStarFans. These are smaller channels who rely on those likes, views and feedback to gain exposure and also to grow their channel. I feel supporting those content creators encourages them to continue to make wildstar content when they can and helps introduce more people to Wildstar I haven't been as awesome compared to other more worthy people in this thread, but I try to help out in my small, individual way and do my small part to help channels that give exposure to Wildstar to grow. Looking forward to the future
    Roques and Mykol like this.
  8. Lawlta

Lawlta New Cupcake

I mod /r/Wildstar, help keep NDA material away, try expanding the community, as well as keeping people tame and interested until this game comes out.

I've talked to the 100+ people I tend to game with, and turn them onto looking into Wildstar, and signing up for the beta.
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  9. skofan

skofan Cupcake

ok i know i might be a bit late to the party on this, but i wanted to finish another project ive been working on. seems like i wont make it in time, so here's the first one.
    https://soundcloud.com/weetard/wildstar
    and some poetry.
    Ode to the wildest of stairs:
    as the darkness falls, in a moment when i start to bore.
    a star is born.
    oh wildest of stairs, Y U NO have chairs!
    i try to be fair, to the wildest of stairs.
    and it looks like a lively affair.
    why aint i there?
    you ask why do i care, well you're might not aware.
    that i really care.
    oh wildest of stairs, i apologize i didnt have time to prepare.
    a better submission, but if you pick me ill be plight fully there.

also, if the thread is still alive once i finish the other project, ill make sure to upload it.
    Sarys, Davey Diablo and Spoodey like this.
  10. Ramrod

Ramrod New Cupcake

Hi guys

I am just very excited about Wildstar, the game looks very well put together and looks like it will be very successful and enjoyable by all the mmo players. I have been playing WoW for a matter of years now and it seems like WoW is getting boring and is coming to an end, pvp is ever more unbalanced and unenjoyable but I really look forward to playing a new game. Hope you guys didn't think I was just complaining about WoW or anything, I am just simply saying I really want to play Wildstar and enjoy it with friends. :)
  11. SerenityCougar

SerenityCougar New Cupcake

Hey there!
    Finally, i made some kind of weird instrumental stuff, inspired by that great game (https://soundcloud.com/serenitycougar/wildstar-impressions/s-g4SYi).
    I've started to play WoW, when the BWL came out, and it blew my head off. That was the deepest immersion i ever felt with CG, and of course, i got myself dragged into the maelstrom of raiding and farming that 'damn pages in Silithus. It's actually kinda funny - years have passed, i was able to do some cool stuff, like killing swp Twins before nerfs - but everything got it's time, i dropped WoW, then i came back, and then again, and i'm pretty sure everyone here understands, what i feel - no other mmo could bring that awesome depth of immersion. Not a single - until now. Basically, i can't play anything since PAX, Wildstar is like... created personally for me, lol. For sure, i went crazy, and told every old-rading-friend to check it out, so, at least two Russian guilds are aware of that masterpiece thanks to me.

But anyway, i'm woriking as a composer, got enough time to get overbored of waiting for that delicious cake, and finally, my boredom gave birth to something, which i found slightly better, then awful. Hope somebody out there will enjoy it. Took me 14 hours in 2 days of fun to finish.
    Davey Diablo and Weya like this.
  12. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]
    Take it easy!
  13. HeartSon

HeartSon New Cupcake

I would like to nominate my good online friend known as Vodka19 on here, he posted and tagged this on his facebook today for me. His work is also found on pg 7 on this forum.[​IMG]Cause I am Canadian. (And today is Canada Day Eh) :D

https://www.facebook.com/js.vodka
    Kookieduck, Destrin and Vodka19 like this.
  14. Nairith

Nairith New Cupcake

It was DOMINION day before 1982 no ??or something like that ?

LONG LIFE TO THE DOMINION !! ☜(*▽*)☞
    Destrin and Vodka19 like this.
  15. Jojoba-VitaminE

Jojoba-VitaminE New Cupcake

Hey,

I just wanted to submit my humble contribution and pledge my allegiance to the Dominion!
    When I first heard about Wildstar my only thought was "meh, another MMORPG..." but my opinion changed as soon as I stumbled upon the Devspeak videos a few weeks later. The more I learned about the planned features the more excited I got. Since I'm a huge fan of PVP I was especially pleased when I heard about the concept of warplots. Hopefully the combat system of area targeting will make the game more depending on skill and less on equipment. Anyway, here's what you all came for - the continuation of an awesome thread already filled with truly great artwork, stories and recommendations.

This is what happens when you have had too much Cassian wine before you go hunting...

rowsdower.png

On a side note: styling your rowsdower's hair will inevitable end in a huge mess. Maybe I'll render a Jabbit as well, but at the moment the thought of even more fur makes me frown.
    Chim, Davey Diablo and Jerkbeefy like this.
  16. Stream

Stream New Cupcake

Hello people of the forum, i have read some good stories and poems amongst these many awsome threads. Here is my own little story. Hopefully someone will enjoy it. Disregard any writing errors please, thats the way it goes sometimes. Wall of text inc.

The ever red soil of Algoroc had gotten even stronger in color as of late. Large areas of dried blood could be spotted as one threaded closer to some of the many mines located in this region. Week upon week workers from Tremor Ridge and Gallow had gone out to digg for loftite, a mineral that was allways on demand, making it possible for the most majestic forms of starships to float and jump through the abyss of space.
    The worksites stood empty now, discarded tools scattering the ground, the silence of death permeating the air. Fragments of crushed bone swirled and mixed with the red sand as a light wind played its notes.

Theories of what had happened had been blooming in all kinds of colours after the inital panic and fear had settled. Some believed that something had been awoken during one of the excavations, others were certain that wild frenzied beasts where roaming the area, not killing for the food, but for the kill itself. Angry ghosts were mentioned, daemons of the other side, and even mutilation by ET's with their experimental dna manipulation beams was amongst some of the crazier suggestions.
    The sound of crying could still be heard through the walls of too many houses when walking the streets, sorrow could be found everywhere.

Rain was a rare occurence on Algoroc, but after the great tragedy that had befallen them all, none thought it strange when the sky shed its wet tears in mourning for the lost.
    Up on a ridge overlooking the many excavation sites sat a man and cried in silence, he mourned his brother and his father, both ripped away in the crimson tide that had crushed through the region. He could still see their faces, taste the bread they had shared that morning before they left for work, smell the odour of tobacco that his father seemed to have in his veins. He was gonna meet his brother later that day to check up on a sandbike they were planning on investing in, his brother loved working on inventions that involved speed and the kick of adrenaline. Instead he was forced to watch as his mother broke down when the devastating news came to their door.

Yron sharpened his mind, relaxed his breathing, he knew that tears wouldnt bring them back, he had to do what he was trained for. Slowly, but steady, he focused on his sorrow, turning it into hate, into sharp and focused fury. He made a mental sword of his mind, fueling it until it grew as bright as the Hylian star of the nightsky. For three days and three nights he had been moving out in the wilderness, using his cerebral interface to collect evidence and to gather biological samples, this tedious work had brought him unto something that he believed to be some sort of trail. As of yet, the advanced nanotechnology implanted within his body had not been given enough analytical data for him to know what kind of entity he was tracking. Four things are for certain he thought to himself, the creature is big and muscled, extremely agile, cuts and grinds its victims into pieces, “and it will die by my hand“ his voice whispered intensely.

Drop after wet drop fell down and soaked the earth around him, he activated his stealth cloak and moved with the rythm of nature. His steps seemed to almost hover above the ground, no sound was made, no footprints left behind to mark his passing, he was a leaf in the gentlest of winds. The treeline that followed the many ridges was left behind as he entered into open ground, from here on he would be going even more upwards. The area mostly consisted of huge red boulders, that had ended their travel on top of the enourmous mountain ranges stretching their veins all over Algoroc.
    Even though he remained stealthed he moved from boulder to boulder, using them as cover, and scanning his environment every now and then, switching from thermal and back. The trail he was following was abit allusive to say the least, it consisted of a hormone strain that he had picked up on every site he had studied. At first he had not tought it any special, it being testosteron, a normal male ingredient by any degree. But after a few investigations he had noticed that the level present kept rising with the kills, and that it seemed to linger abnormally long in the air. He had finetuned his observance of the strain and was now picking it up every now and then as he progressed.
    He noticed a moist area on the side of the boulder he was approaching, he did a tactical area sweep and sat down to analyze the spot. He felt the nanites inside of him surge and go to work, communicating at a speed not quite understandable by his own mind. The result came back with a mix of particles, the smell alone easily told him that this was urine, and after separating the data into core categories he found that there was a high presence of human tissue disolved in the remains.
    Was this a way for the creature to mark its territory, its homestead?
    He was coming up on a plateu , flattening out, a gathering of boulders centering the landscape with their collective placements. It rose like a natural peaked hut of sorts, its entrance a circular calling of blackness in shadow. He froze utterly still, kneeling down on one knee, sitting in the wide open, trusting his technology to keep him concealed. He could sense nothing alive on this plateu, no heartbeat to mention, no sound to reveal. Moving closer, he realized how big the structure was, easily reaching four times his height. Looking into the darkness, switching from normal, to thermal, to night, gave him nothing new on his readings.
    No matter how this went down, he knew this place would be painted with someones blood by end of day. Grabbing a proximity mine from his backpack, he kept a vigilante eye on his surroundings. One after the other he planted his fiery babies from the entrance leading out on the plateu itself.
    The rain stopped, no volume adjustment of drops, just a dead stop.It was like hearing the area anew, and what he heard made his heart freeze in fear. Silence was alive somehow, his tactical display now picked up what the rain had been concealing, his optics registered a dome of purple fire covering the entire area. Whatever it consisted of, he was inside the very thing of it, he felt naked all of a sudden, looking down he realised that his cloak had deactivated. A null zone was growing in strenght, and with it his technology was dwindling, shutting down systems within systems. His body was becoming that of a mere mortal, as unprotected as a babe being born.
    And so the entity revealed itself to him.
    Eyes, cold and furious, like volcanos locked in ice, studied him, hated him, devoured him. He could see intelligence in there, this was no normal beast, the reek of forces beyond the realm of living had taken shelter within. It came around from the back of the boulders, head lowered, huge sharklike fangs, crisscrossing its mouth, all the length of his entire arm. It stood on four legs, all ending in claws, promising mayhem and slaugther. Muscles grew everywhere on the beast, and seemed to pulse and move, adapting for optimal ferocity and speed.
    It pounced towards him, moving faster than its size should have allowed, the air seemed to not notice it at all, like it was here, but somewhere else at the same time.
    Yron went into instinct mode, but with his neurological enhancements deactivated he knew that he was in trouble. Somehow none of his mines went of, and where he had expected explosions to rip into the beast, it charged right on through and straight at him. He made for the cave entrance, running towards his enemy rather than away. Claws and jaws cut through the air where he had just stood, he looked over his shoulder as the creature did a complete turn around. What he failed to notice was that it didnt stop its momentum while turning, but rather used the gravity to make a sweep with its long spiked tail. A pain like never before hit him in his back, the force of it lifting him of the ground and throwing him through the air and into the darkness of the cave.
    He landed, skidded across the ground and came to a hard and punishing stop against the wall of rocks inside. Blood was seeping through his suit, his mind started racing, adrenaline kicking in, his survival instict reaching its peak. He had to move, find a position, an advantage, this was not his time to die.
    As he started to climb in the darkness, he automatically tried to activate his night vision, to his surprise the nullzone didnt seem to touch the inside of the cave itself. He went to full operational interface within the blink of a second, accelerating and enhancing all his physiological systems, he literally ran up the wall, vanishing within his cloak of stealth. He could hear the daemon animal approaching, taking its time, certain that its prey was put low, ready to be consumed.
    He projected an optical holoprojection of himself just inside the entrance, a deafening roar of anger filled the air. Claws, muscles and fangs were everywhere as the entity attacked, but even before the hologram dissipated Yron had made his move. His real-time analytical combat data showed him weak points mapped out on the trashing body below, time seemed to stand still as his alloy clawblades came forth during his drop from above. He homed in, and let himself go, cutting, maiming, killing with a ferocity seldom heard of within any known stalker circle.

Up on a ridge sat a man, tears no longer seemed to travel with him, his face that of a soul at peace. He watched as the last minutes of sunlight bathed the red landscape of his ancestors, he said goodbye to his father and brother for the last time. A smile crossed his face, knowing that their souls could finally rest in piece, their deaths avenged and balance restored.

The End

From Ivan aka Stream aka Sionne.
    Davey Diablo, Winterheart and Strevz like this.
  17. Strevz

Strevz New Cupcake

I would like to nominate Stream for his great short story(post above). That story gave me goosebumps!
    Great work!:)
  18. Str8ac3

Str8ac3 New Cupcake

wildstarpvp.png eminence101.jpg 2XXEbuj.jpg eminence101.jpg 2XXEbuj.jpg Some stuff I made for the guild and yes its ace gaming from facebook, I appreciate everybody that like my post a bout what I said about this entire event. Loving the wildstar community staying together.
  19. Epy

Epy New Cupcake

I have 15 people wanting to play as of now...I can't stop talking about the game's potential to my friends and family. Got them so into it that they are starting to tell their friends. In my community this game is a huge thing.
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  20. Xivik

Xivik New Cupcake

Not so much a fan created creative addition as it is to benefit the community and help player retention.
    MMO's can be daunting, even for mmo vets but esp for newer players to the genre.

Unfortunately today's communities seem less forthcoming as I remember it from the days I first started playing mmo's a long long time ago.

For every helpful player in a general(zone) chat there are countless others drowning the thought out advice with rudities, nonsense, general trollage.

To combat that and provide a safe environment for players to seek advice from within the game I drew inspiration from my own first mmo which had such a system. I've written it all out here:

http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/game-help-suggestion.4272/
    Davey Diablo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.