1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The WildStar Community Pays it Forward, Here!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Aether, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destrin

Destrin Cupcake

Some of these submissions are just out of this world, so far that they may even be on Nexus (Is this a joke? Probably pretty bad). At first i was going to make my own submission saying something like "that i was apart of the community, actively browsing these forums, making the odd post, listen to podcasts, preaching wildstar to all the non-believers, and being in the audience of every LND (with the exception of the first one)" Might be enough. But that is clearly not enough.

The list of people i want to nominate is just massive as well.

Personally i would like to see all of the moderators for WSC, cause well, they practically work for Carbine and they do a pretty damn good job of keeping trollish and moronic posts off these forums.

The Late Night Dominion Crew, For doing there damnedest for trying to get everyone to come together and talk about news and issues that has come up every week. Not only that, but hosting a charity event for sick kids? That has to win some brownie points.

Arawulf and Cedworth over at Wildstar Fans, for their superb skills in getting the news out in a palatable format and lets not forget about their Podcast.

The guys at Wildstar Radio, These guys once again who bring the news, speculation, and a wide variety of specializations to the table for discussion.

The Wildcast Crew, These guys are funny and put together a great podcast, probably my favorite makes me think i am listen to a radio talk show :D

I would also like to nominate everyone who posts for this event (Even myself!). They are all wearing their love for Wildstar on their sleeves just for a chance to see the game before open beta, and hopefully getting some good data and feedback.

I would like to say that this is BY FAR the best pre-launch community i have ever had the pleasure of being apart of.

Good luck to everyone!
    Davey Diablo and Dex Charisma like this.
  2. spell

spell New Cupcake

Hello there, I'm new one on this website since I have been following WS more on FB/twitter and yt for past two months.

I have no big hopes for getting into beta from this selection since I'm neither talented musician or video editor (just a start up to prepare myself for release :D ), but I wanted to show how anyone can make it more fun to get your friends into becoming Wildstar Fans :) by doing step by step what I did :)

Its nothing major, but here we go - a little story. Once upon a time there is massive amount of MMO genre games coming out at same time or being announced and as always Myself and group of my online-friends were trying to decide how we choose game of our next destination. Since we tend to almost never agree with each other, it happened this time as well, so we called for our 'inner circle rule' of battling in game-of-choice who gets to choose not only game we gonna play for next who-knows how much time :) but as well faction (if there is any choice on that) and got dibs on profession they want to play (to make group balanced everyone chooses different profs to make it easier :))

As you would expect I bravely participated in our little tournament to protect good word of Nexus and all of Wildstar creatures. We decided to play 1v1 tourney in League of Legends since its currently only game that all of us like and play regularly with each other. After epic bracket I successfully 'diplomatically persuaded' all of my friends that they would want to play Wildstar and since they never heard or saw it EVER (how its even possible) before. After tournament finished me aka spell aka the champion started to send them video after video to introduce them to Wildstar. It was so successful that probably if I shown them videos and told them more about it before tourney we probably wouldn't even need to play it, but all of them signed up immediately for beta, so I would be a winner either way. :) That night we stayed for so long (since they wanted me to tell them and show them more and more videos/pics of this game) that I was late for work next day that I was forced to tell exactly what happened to my boss since it was not a first time :). Needless to say he laughed at me so much about my nerdism. I still deeply hope that after that story he went on web to google Wildstar and check some videos by himself. :)

So that's how Wildstar triumphed over all other games thanks to power of my geekyness and powergaming. Now all I got to do is choose our faction and I'm not so sure about it yet but going more towards Exiles thanks to SUPERCUTE Aurins :)

In addition to that I have been working to prepare my new YT channel for Wildstar release where I would focus on WS PvP. Here is some short intro I made from WS clips I found on the internet -
  3. Rummie

Rummie New Cupcake

I drew an advertisement for Wildstar on my boobs.

--------

Actually - I'm sorry - that's not true, and even if it were, I'm not too sure it would have been effective (besides getting a few goggling eyes).

What I've done: I've posted about Wildstar on my facebook, brought it up on Teamspeak to my server on Guild Wars 2, have converted a few friends to be followers, and have posted avidly on the Wildstar subreddit with new information/discussion.

Do I deserve a beta invite as much as other people posting here do? No, probably not. I haven't created any illustrious drawings, sprawling fan websites, or youtube channels like the rest of the people here. (I'm actually doing a horrible job right now trying to convince you to give me a beta invite.)

HOWEVER, I have advertised my excitement for Wildstar to people when I can and this post is (what is probably a futile effort) to try to show what I've done to "Pay it Forward."

Regardless of whether I get a beta invite or not - I will be very happy to play the game whenever I have access to it, will continue to talk about it no matter what, and will continue to cheer on the people who are doing more than me to help spread the word about this game.

With that said, I would beta the poop out of this game.
  4. Phakz

Phakz Cupcake-About-Town

There are so many people I want to nominate! I am bound to forget a lot but here are several that deserve to join beta because I know they will TEST the game.

Arawulf, Fateflyer, Nyxis, Blankspace, Beetle, Oroshi, ZapRobo, Zyabk, and Bog Otter.

Like I said these are some and I know I have missed some extremely deserving people but, I want the people in beta that will TEST the game and not just play it. I love everyone in this community and everyone is deserving of being in beta but I want this game to be the best it can be. :)
  5. ZzREDzZ

ZzREDzZ New Cupcake

Hi Wildstar team!
    I have big news for you! For the whole week I've search again and again to be able to find something and finally I've been able to get my hand on not only one but a family. Yes I've captured a family of Rowsdowers!!
    [​IMG]

My request is that you send me a beta invite If you do so I won't harm them and I'll send then back to their planet as a community contribution. However, if I don't get any I’ll use them as piñata until I get all epic drop! I’m really serious! To prove it I took some picture. I hope you'll take me seriously or else I'll have lot of fun bashing on them for candy.... Uhm I mean epic drop!!! Of course!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As a 3D artiste I have some good knowledge on how modeling, animating and texturing work I'd like to use these knowledge to improve the game; finding place where : uv would not be perfect, were some face might not be softened correclty or any 3D error who are always able to stay alive even in the best game ever made. For all these reason I'd like to be in the closed beta and help you! Oh and yeah I also love this game very much it's awsome im stuned each time I see new detail about the game :) So yeah Hope to see you soon in game!
    Have a great day!

ZzREDzZ
    titideroy42@hotmail.com [​IMG]
    Valdana, Chim, Mykol and 6 others like this.
  6. Kev D

Kev D New Cupcake

My friends had been getting me in to MMO's and MOBAs recently and I happened across a video of the Wildstar Exiles trailer on tumblr. I saw it, then started to find other videos about it. Then I found them on Facebook, then Twitter. I had to wait till the next day to tell my friends and now I got me and my MMO/MOBA playing friends excited for it too. We got a tanky Granok, an up close human fighter and Me as a magic based Aurin.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm a Tf2 fan and I was learning how to make 3D models. These took a while because I was having UV troubles, plus the texture isn't the best and I hope to improve it in the future.
    I also took to ponifying the exiles because i had nothing better to do. than to mix a show that many don't like and this amazing game. I also needed to practice some of my traditional artwork.
    [​IMG]
    I'm also working on some pony Aurin father and daughter characters. Have a WIP below. ^^
    [​IMG]
    I hope this post isn't too long. First time posting.
  7. Tiraydian

Tiraydian New Cupcake

I'd like to propose extatica, a very nice person i met in this forum that made me wish coming back and talk here, something I rarely do since I rarely speak in forums.

Besides that I've already made alot of publicity to this game, to atleast 20-25 people (all close friends i wish to join me in this game) as well as trying as hard as possible to enter the closed beta.

I also had a few ideas, alot more could come if I personally felt they were having any kind of review =p
    Here is a link to the ideas:
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/presentation-and-ideas.4350/#post-101606
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  8. Vodka19

Vodka19 New Cupcake

All my photos were done using CS5 PhotoShop

[​IMG]
    This first photo was inspired by Wild Star's constant use of word hey you "cupcakes". So I put together this photo and think of it as Nom Nom NOM I eat cupcakes for breakfast! :roflamo:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    This comic here was the first picture I made. It's goes to show just because your a big mean tough warrior rock person with more rocks then brains, doesn't mean the Aurin girl can't go and kill it too. but in this case neither could kill this extreme huge F@c%!n monster on their own. go teamwork :inlove:. (Each time I added a new piece to this, the next skit came to mind. was a fun project).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    I'm constantly seeing PS VS MS posts. Xbox One this, or PS4 that. Thinking to myself I wouldn't want either system. I just want Wildstar maybe played on a Alienware computer too to add in the Epicness. ;)

[​IMG]
    This photo was inspired by a past job that I had for 3 years. Working in a nightclub bar. mostly meant for getting cheap drinks and dancing. but there was always time to try and meet someone new. When looking at this picture of her I thought of girls who are hit on by guys with no game or clue how to pickup. So if you haven't heard of Nexus like everyone else in the universe who the heck are you?! :cautious:

[​IMG]
    Made this on CS5 PhotoShop, Enough Said.
    Hope you all enjoy my idea's :D , and good-luck to everyone!
    Valdana, Animas, ThingTwo and 2 others like this.
  9. leblond

leblond Cupcake

10. DrThreaded

DrThreaded Cupcake

A picture is worth a thousand words, but I think I'll write a few anyway. I made this edit because I can't draw I felt a greater portion of the community was going to create more traditional forms of submissions (and I was right~) so I needed to gun for the "unique snowflake" position in order to stand out a bit more.

Wildstar has a lot of humor sprinkled within...well just about everything they've made or talked about so far, and a decent portion comes off with a uniquely crude yet appropriately crude humor that toes the line just right. That's why I think my submission will (hopefully) resonate with the Carbine team and other people that enjoy that nice balance of humor.

[​IMG]

Pardon the terrible hair thing, I don't know how to edit an Afro to look like copper. (Btw please allow Copper Afro as a Granok hair style)
  11. Kawadz

Kawadz New Cupcake

The picture shows a Aurin Male on Nexus.
    Which I would love to play when I get my hands on this game!

I made this one because of excitement, I've been interested in this game for a very long time, almost 2 years and I'm checking my inbox every single day. I told my friends, my family and everyone else about this game and everyone I know that is interested in computer games will try this game when it either hits open beta, they get into closed OR on release.

Anyway I have played WoW betas, LOTR beta, HON beta, DOTA2 beta and I would love to help you guys creating the best MMO ever, I love this game! I played mmos all my life!

I suck at doing music and painting and I have a kind of social sickness so I'm not very good at talking at the internet so I'm not good at doing websites podcasts etc. I really hope you give me the chance!

Best of luck to all of you and especially to you Carbine Studios, we have an epic game incomming I can tell ya.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

12. Protein

Protein New Cupcake

Well, besides telling my friends about this game who are now in love with it (but I guess most of us here have already did the same), I made this non-serious fanart... thing. (I've also posted it on facebook) It's just the Wildstar logo, and the posing Aurin from the wallpapers.
    [​IMG]Actually I made it with Paint in about 10-20 minutes, but it's just a joke, I meant it to be funny, I just hope I could put a smile on the community's face :)
    If my "incredibly awesome" work caught your eyes, and already considering me as a person who definetly deserves the beta invite (I have feeling none of these will happen), I guess I should tell (serious mode:ON) that I already participated in numerous betas, and, for whatever reason, I always like to search for bugs everywhere in every game (even if its not a beta test), discovering unplanned exploits and things like that. And usually I do find a lot of them. (I'm just advertising myself, ain't I? :I )
    Lofery likes this.
  13. RblDiver

RblDiver New Cupcake

Originally posted at http://www.wildstarforums.com/forum...pay-it-forward-suggested-bug-reporting-format :

Here is my entry [for the Pay it Forward event]. I worked for about 3 years as a game tester, and this was the general format for our bug reports. I found it fairly straight-forward yet descriptive, so I hope you will consider it when reporting the bugs you find in beta. The example is a scenario where I find myself without a beta key.

Observed Behavior:
    The Player "RblDiver" does not have access to the beta.

Steps to Reproduce:1. Download and install the Wildstar beta client.
    2. Launch the game.
    3. At the login screen, enter the username "RblDiver" and the password associated with this account.

Results:The following error message is displayed. The game informs the Player that RblDiver is not authorized to play the game.
    <Insert picture of the error message here, with the relevant portion highlighted in a yellow box>

Notes:1. This issue does not occur for the username "Some_user_that_has_been_accepted".
    2. This issue also occurs when attempting to create a new account on the Wildstar site.
    3. Any other pertinent notes related to the issue.
    4. NEVER say what the game "will" do, say what the game "does."
  14. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

I'm not very artistic, but this simple haiku popped into my head yesterday.

A rockin mustache
    J.P. Higgenbottom is
    A very cool dude

If we're supposed to mention activity here on WSC I've participated in several topics pertaining to game mechanics, the big two being one on flying mounts, and the endgame itemization goals. I think there was a few others as well.
  15. Compella

Compella Cupcake

Wildstar is the next big game, so I thought I would create an Oceanic News/Guild website which is something I've never done before. I learnt how to use Photoshop and modify php/css code and now http://clockwork-gaming.net/ exists!

top.jpg

I participated a lot in 'The Return of the Flying Mount Thread' http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...he-flying-mount-thread.3317/page-3#post-70792. This topic is very important to me and the community. I hope we helped you make the right decision on flying.

I was there for the Realms in Discord: Wildstar Dev Interview. Jen Gordy answered my question on group finder teleporting groups to dungeons. I had to stealth mode because I was at work at the time!

You did the impossible, you made me sign up to Facebook.
    Casii, Reubenvg and Neo81xxx like this.
  16. Nadala

Nadala New Cupcake

So, I'm currently working on a blog post dedicated to Wildstar, but I haven't finished the drawings yet, and I don't want to upload it till it's finished (tbh I don't think it's going to be ready in time! :() However, as a "preview" - here is a poem I wrote. It's taken from Matilda (by Hilaire Belloc), and it's the Dominion version of a nursery rhyme / cautionary tale for young Cassians, about the capture of the Aurin homeworld, Arboria.

The Aurin tell such dreadful lies!
    It makes one gasp and stretches one’s eyes.
    The Dominion from its earliest youth
    Has kept a strict regard for truth,
    And merely wanted to assimilate the Aurin!
    But truth be told, this race has fallen,
    And upon my word, just wait – you’ll see,
    The depth of their infirmity.

For once, towards the close of capture,
    The Aurin, showing fear of rapture,
    When finding they were left alone,
    Went tiptoe to the Galactiphone,
    And summoned the immediate aid
    Of that wretched, troublesome Exiles brigade!

Within an hour the brutish band
    Were pouring in from every hand,
    From Cassian rebels to Granok’s Gnox,
    They surrounded Arboria like a pox!
    Their starships roaring through the towns,
    <mocking> “Arboria will be burned down!”

Of course no match for Dominion might,
    The rebels were fools to pick this fight.
    They ran their starships through the score
    Of trees along the forest floors,
    And took particular pains to save
    Those furballs from their miserable graves.
    Until the Dominion of course succeeded
    In showing them they should have conceded,
    And even then we had to pay
    The Draken to make them go away.

It happened that a few weeks later,
    The Dominion opened a surgical theatre,
    To learn more anatomy than thus far,
    Of royalty, like Myala Everstar.
    We had refused the Aurin’s pleas
    of promised servitude from their knees,
    A declaration just and wise
    To punish them for aiding spies.

That night, the fires did break out,
    You should have heard the Aurin shout!
    You should have heard them scream and bawl,
    And escape to starships, up and call
    Their benefactors, and their fleets,
    (The rapidly increasing heat
    Encouraging them to obtain
    Escape routes!) But it was all in vain.
    For every single Aurin saved,
    Ten others went to their pathetic graves,
    And therefore, when the Exiles returned,
    The Aurin, and their homeworld, were burned.

EDIT: The reason I wrote this was to get my friends interested in the game. I linked this on Facebook and some of my friends have already asked me "what's that game Wildstar about?" or "Oh God, now I have to learn about Wildstar!" (in an "I already have enough games to play and now you've added another to the list!" kind of way).

It happened in this particular format because the idea fell into my head (as they usually do, with no actual cognition from me) and the only thing I could think to do with it was write it down :)
    Davey Diablo, Dex Charisma and Nyxis like this.
  17. Lofery

Lofery New Cupcake

Hey,

This is a flash game around the Wildstar theme I made for this event.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Play the game here : http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1372085964
    (It can be low to load)(Turn the sound on !)

There is 30 level in this minigame, it's a bit hard at the end, but I hope you'll enjoy it ;)
    I would like to thank one of my friend Raziaroc for testing and providing some ideas !

Good luck to everyone and thank you for your amazing game.
    Lofery (@Pompeul)
    Davey Diablo and unindel like this.
  18. skipper13

skipper13 New Cupcake

I am extremely gifted with the ability to be completely terrible with anything artsy so here is my failure of an attempt at drawing the logo. But besides that I have started a 40 man raiding group on Reddit over at /r/WSRefugees.
    http://imgur.com/5Rng6oV
  19. Ivrian

Ivrian New Cupcake

Hello,
    I'm a hobby artist and Wildstar is a great source of inspiration for me. The Draken are my favorite race, so I have decided to draw this Stalker fanart. I hope you like it :)
    Draken-stalker.jpg
    Casii, Valdana, Kenyar and 8 others like this.
  20. Kawadz

Kawadz New Cupcake

The picture shows a Male Aurin on Nexus.
    Which I will play in the future!

Hello Carbine Studios!

I would love to get in to beta but I have no special artwork, podcast or website to show you. I have a social disorder so I am not very good at talking to people and doing websites and stuff.

But I told all my friends, family and everyone at my work about the game and got most of them to preorder the game when that's available!

Anyway I've been into WoW beta, LOTR beta, SWTOR beta, Rift beta, HoN beta, Dota2 beta. But I have never ever been so excited about a game before, I think we can do this game to the best and funniest mmo EVER and I would love to work with you guys and try to give some of my thoughts on what should be different etc!

Anyway best of luck to you at Carbine Studios. I'm pretty sure this game will be awesome.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

vicksen and NocPat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.