1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The WildStar FAQ, or: How I Learned to Look Before Asking (Updated: September 10, 2013!)

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by starspun, Aug 17, 2011.

1. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Most definitely changing that bit. Was hoping no one would spot it before I got around to updating! ;)
  2. JackHeart

JackHeart New Cupcake

This FAQ is a brilliant idea, but it becomes rather bad if it is not continuously updated. Much information in it is very outdated. Sadly.
  3. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Then you might want to look at it again... because as of two minutes ago, the FAQ has finally been updated!
  4. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Thanks for the update, looks great! :)
  5. JCwildthing

JCwildthing Cupcake

thanks for the update on PvP :)
  6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Cupcake

Really liked the FAQ, good job, thanks! :) *bookmarked*
  7. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you very much for this!
    I have to say i am really excited waiting for Wildstar and to be honest i want a beta invite so badly:)
    Ive played games the past years that finally proven big disappointments and wasted my money and this is why i wanted to finally play at a beta stage to see game and try to say my opinion pre -launch!
    At the moment i find the idea of P2P really good but the game for me sounds that is not really well known among the gamers!But i wanted to say something here:
    Id love to see this game but some features i don't like them at all and i don't want to see them implemented in to the game!
    And those are:
    1)LFR/LFD.For me its a feature that ruins communities and makes people selfish and gear whores!Not to mention the instant traveling to dungeons also that makes the worlds empty.
    2)Flying mounts.Well this is not that really bad but i prefer is we don't have them.
    3)Free loot!We all know it.We know that most games have it.And we also know that feeling that you have accomplished something in a game is gone considering everyone has free loot and easily obtained ''epics''.Before you say that i am elitist i am not!I am not a hardcore raider and i will not be!I am casual player due to uni and job but i want to feel if i have a good item on my character proud of it and not like bahhh the whole server has it!And yes even if it is a simple epic item...
    4)As a casual player i tend to like more small guild communities!You know guilds with 20-25 active players that love to do casual staff and enjoy game!As i said i am not a hardcore raider and this is why i dont want to see guild leveling system where all servers join big guilds for the lazy benefits!
    I approve tho the idea of having guild adventures and quests that a guild can go and kill bosses that grand guild buffs!Like if you kill that boss you take a buff that increases you chance to take a good loot from monsters or if you kill that boss you take a buff that increases your stamina!And the boss will be harder the more guild members are near to the boss!

Well for me thats an intro!
    I am happy that i finally found this site and i will not see only the official one waiting for infos
    Have fun everyone
  8. Corinthar

Corinthar Cupcake

Thanks for the info, starspun :)
  9. Bluesteel

Bluesteel Cupcake

A really nice read and very informative, cheers.
  10. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

YES!!!! Wardrobe!! Love it that you can look how you want passed character creation! woot! Ya'll Rock!
  11. Shu

Shu Cupcake

This makes me so happy it's beyond belief. :>
  12. Draahl

Draahl Cupcake-About-Town

Mind blown, by reading this. Great work! :) looks like the community of Wildstar is a strong one!
  13. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

I've made some changes. Do let me know if there's something I missed, got wrong, should add, etc!
    starspun likes this.
  14. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I found this topic incredibly hard to read, as the questions tended to blend in with the answers and look like a white wall of text, so I took the liberty of putting the question text in a light blue and indenting the answers. Also, I updated the closed beta question, as we know that beta has already begun. :]

There are a lot of really great answers in here, so if you haven't yet, take some time to skim through it! :)
    starspun and Yakzan like this.
  15. Jaseac

Jaseac New Cupcake

Alot of questions can be answered by looking at the other excellent games this company is built on. Aion has one of the most detailed character creation systems out there. Guild Wars 2 is buy to play, meaning you have to buy the game to play it, but there is no monthly fee. I would guess this is what they are going to do.
  16. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

well, the publisher (NCSoft) and the developer (Carbine) are not the same company, which means that Carbine does not have to do the same thing that all the games published by NCSoft have done.
  17. Jaseac

Jaseac New Cupcake

Wasn't aware of that, Will have to look at carbine's mmo's then. Thanks for the info
  18. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

well, this is their first MMO. however the devs have come from lots of different games (WoW, CoH, EQ, etc) also, it's just like ArenaNet is the developer for GW/GW2 and NCSoft is the publisher.
  19. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you for this, will try to read it now
  20. Nezk

Nezk Cupcake

When did they start development,2009?