1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

This Game Win My Attention So Hard

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by YFCBanana, Feb 3, 2014.

1. YFCBanana

YFCBanana New Cupcake

Ok... So at first when I saw the game I was like ahhhh mehh this think feel so clunky and the art style is so WoW and the combat is like a bad GW2 rip off and <REDACTED> like this, BUT as I was keep digging more into the the game, watching the devs I started to get really excited about this game.

I mean the devs seems sooo funny and really enjoying their game. They are not just here is our game it has this this and is a brand new system that no other game had before and blah blah blah. No they really so love about the game. And I really liked how the went off their dead line to rework their quest system. I had never before saw a dev team making such a big change to their game because of the feedback they got from beta testers.

I really went from hater to totally hyped!! Now I just cant wait for this game to come out!! :D
  2. Paspe

Paspe New Cupcake

There is allot people who are saying same things as you are. Judging the game by looking some gameplay from youtube or twitch.tv that makes game look terrible, because it is not even optimized yet and it is still closed beta. People really need to read and learn about games before starting to judge them.

Good to see that you realized to look for this game more and started to like it! :up:

By the way, this post could be in other section of forum, but you are a new in here like me, so no worries :p
  3. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

From what I can tell a lot of people get their foot in the door from the humor. I will admit as well it might have been what first drew me in. It is a fresh twist that humor in games is actually funny :laugh:
  4. YFCBanana

YFCBanana New Cupcake

That sooo true! I mean now I stared to learn the various skills and what they do I can watch videos and understand watch happening and now I see that the combat is really fluid and heavily skilled based. But when i first watched it it gave me the exact opposit opinion.

Also true. Even thought at first I didnt like the game still I was thinking "Hell these guys have a good sense of humor" and it was one of the thinks that helped stay and dig more into the game.

I dont know... Maybe I was negative at first about the game because I manly play GW2 at the time and I felt like there is a chance Wildstar is going to hit the GW2 player base.

I really hope that Wildstar will be a big succes. We really need a new big MMO in the genre.
  5. Vail

Vail New Cupcake

I like the humor and the quirkyness. I also like how it's not afraid to be a bit more mature. (swearing and what not.) But a lot of the gameplay looks really cool as well. I'm not usually into the more spacey type theme but I am quite excited for this one.
  6. jetah

jetah Cupcake

I'm just tired of the whole medieval time period. it's just done for me.
    quipalco and Akhronus like this.
  7. Akhronus

Akhronus New Cupcake

As much as I used to love WoW, WSs appearance only vaguely resembles it. The big factor being the strong vibrant colors. but if you really look into the stylization of WS, you see heavy influences from comic and anime art styles such as overly emphasized character features (big eyes, long slender limbs, etc). WoW on the other hand is a much more reserved appearance.

And when it comes to GW2 vs WS, the gameplay in GW2 feels way less responsive and awkward. WS combat has a nice crisp and responsive feeling combat system much like wow
    Equinox likes this.
  8. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

That is the sad part really. Alot of people nowadays see something and judge it by simply how it looks at first glance...I see alot of random people on youtube thinking this game will be kiddy and easy to play.

If you looked at the lore so far that the devs have given us its really obvious that this game simply is humour over a rather dark setting. Whether or not the game would have a balanced difficulty is up to the devs.
  9. Weeablade

Weeablade New Cupcake

I don't want to say Carbine's devs are more truthful than normal developers, but they are so far, the most transparent ones I've ever seen make an mmorpg. That's what got me interested in it to begin with.
  10. Equinox

Equinox New Cupcake

Absolutely! That's my biggest draw. Most of my friends say "it's too cartoony" but THAT IS MY APPEAL! Does every game these days have to be dark and brooding with slender sharp textures? I LOVE the art style of this game!
  11. Akhronus

Akhronus New Cupcake

Very true, between all the funny vines of office humor and the massive changes to the game's systems from player feedback they are very transparent. It's great how much they care about the community. I see devs on twitch chats talking with people on streams all the time
  12. Akhronus

Akhronus New Cupcake

Agreed, I love stylized art and comics so to see the brilliance of this game makes me happy. It's the same reason I loved games like Borderlands as well. They distinguish themselves from other games.
    Equinox likes this.
  13. quipalco

quipalco New Cupcake

me 2 :D