1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

THQ Auction

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Kurik, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I'm sure most of you have read about the end of THQ but here is an update on the developers and assets that were up for auction. Sadly no bids were made for Vigil Games known for the Darksiders franchise but there are a few groups who have expressed interest.

http://kotaku.com/5978425/thq-is-getting-sold-off-today heres-everything-we-know

Maddog Charlie likes this.
  2. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Good to know thanks Kurik, wow better hope Take 2 dont let them down as its a long way down to 250K.

3. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

I feel that this quote especially very much fits the current situation:
    “Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof."
    ― Alan Moore, V for Vendetta

I might have not been the biggest fan of THQ, and I knew about their state for a while now, but I am saddened to witness a games company go through that.
    THQ might have not been the best games company in history or the richest, but it brought us some good games. I hope the employees won't be laid off by the new companies.

As for Vigil, Darksiders along with Violition, Inc.'s Saints Row are my favorite THQ games, I have very high hopes that it will get a new home for it is a game that deserves more than going on the shelves as one of histories incomplete projects. I also hope that this new home will embrace the employees that brought us the former installations of the game.

Best regards to each and every one that has ever worked in THQ.

4. Jkaplan

Jkaplan Cupcake

I can't say I'm sad about this. I LOVE the company of heroes franchise and I'm honestly really glad that Sega picked it up. THQ was only holding back relic and Company of Heroes 2 looks like a rushed game built on a tiny budget that relic was essentially forced into by THQ. Really looking forward to what Relic can come up with with a legitimate publisher. Happy to hear saints row got picked up as well. Darksiders seemed like a decent franchise as well so kinda sucks that they couldn't find a buyer.

5. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

Although I don't know much about this topic, I know that there won't be a Darksiders III now :(
    Sad... I loved the Darksiders games.

6. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

Vigil's current state in an open letter posted at NeoGAF:

spencerBAXLEY likes this.
  7. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Some good news for a few Ex-Vigil employees, can't wait to see what Crytek will be working on in Austin. :)

http://kotaku.com/5979649/

8. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

The THQ game I liked was company of heroes and I think sega has the company who makes the total wars strategy games so that is cool.

I did not know Homefront is getting a sequel?! It had the weirdest story ever I just saw the trailer and dismissed it. Apparently it did well enough to make a sequel. Sometimes I am surprised by people's tastes.

9. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

10. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

It's not like the link doesn't work. :p

11. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

THQ is having another auction for their remaining IP's, the ones that didn't get sold in the first one such as Darksiders, Red Faction, MX, Homeworld...etc.
    More info here.

12. Rakkis

Rakkis Cupcake

I miss homeworld, I wish someone would pick it up and remake it