1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Time to Start a New MMO Podcast, Whose with Me!?

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Jive, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Jive

Jive New Cupcake

Hey everyone, Jive here.

I recently read about this new top secret MMO and well, like I had been given some great notion, I decided its time to make a new MMO Podcast.

Similar to Ken Kesey and his Merry Band of Pranksters I want to trek forth into this new MMO realm and find some fun and hopefully some enlightenment, whose with me?!

Also I guess for formalities sake, I will give some background on myself.

Ive run a couple websites for up and coming MMO's in the past, one of them being "Crypticgamers.org" which was a cryptic only game website (Which closed shortly after me and my colleague saw what Cryptic was doing with their MMO's I.E. making them too linear and too casual)

I was also a writer for "Republicnews.net" which also went defunct a couple years ago, during my time writing there I worked on an Old Republic Online Podcast which was very informal and took the idea of a gaming podcast and tried to expand the idea into more of a social entertainment then "just a couple of bros talking about video games".

Sadly the podcast didnt last long, evne with the influx of fans we received after the second (Or what I would call first real) episode we couldnt continue without our audio engineer who was forced to move from his studio home not long after.

SOO now the time comes again, I saw a huge influx in views for this site particularly and have decided to continue the legacy with a new Podcast. Anyone that's interested in participating in the podcast or even anyone that just wants to throw some ideas for it (names, skits, games, segments, what have you) please comment and send me your info and well talk deets and get this thing rolling and have some fun with MMOs again!

And of course a special thanks to the mods for letting us use this space to further our cast.

Jive out my friends!

Edit: Anyone who needs to reach me personally, just go ahead and message jiveturkey124@gmail.com
  2. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

Hey Jive!

That's a fantastic idea! I was actually thinking of starting one last year, but alas... there was nothing to talk about besides the weather. :( Plus the fact I have no experience doing podcasts, so it's great someone with your experience is willing to start the very first Carbine podcast.

Carbine Central would be more than happy to help support you getting your podcast up and running - even if it's just spreading the word about it.

Feel free to contact me via a private conversation or you can find me in the irc channel to bounce any ideas off me.

Good luck mate!