1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Tips and trix for a new player in MMO

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zcyio, May 23, 2014.

1. Zcyio

Zcyio New Cupcake

Hey! The Thread's Topic is quite self explanied.

I'm quite new to MMO. I have played a few of them out there like Guild Wars 2. I played it for approxx 1-2 weeks before I got bored because I found the in-game tooltips not helping much, and the crafting system was pretty muhc extreme to my taste.

Do you have any tips or trix for a new player like me who isn't as experienced MMO player in Wildstar?

Like what I should try to think of when I start my goal towards the 40-50 levels?

I'll play on the EU servers!
  2. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

MMOs are games. Just have fun.

If you want to get hardcore about it, that stuff will come later.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

1. Keep your expectations as low as possible! Or you won't make it very far.
    2. Get a character (class/looks/path/faction/race) that you like, the more you like your character the easier it is to do some of the mundane tasks.
    3. Try get some friends in-game and play with them, it makes things much more fun!
    4. Failing = keep trying, don't get angry on yourself or others. Don't remember that it's still a game!

Best tips a person can get ;) It's all about making the exerience as positive for yourself as possible. This way you'll make it till max level and get to experience the more ''awesome/unique'' end game of the game.
  4. Zcyio

Zcyio New Cupcake

Thanks for the advice/tips! I think i had too much epxcetations in Guild Wars 2 and its probably the reason I didnt quite like it.

I had the chance to pre-play in the Open Beta, and I liked the numerous ways of customization in it. Will really try my best to choose to create a character im happy with!

Yes, I think it would be possible, except all my friends really rally hate subscription based games :( haha

Its a game with superior graphics! :D