1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

LFG To Find the Right Guild (For Me)

Discussion in 'Seeking Guilds, Circles and Warparties' started by Solaxys, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Solaxys

Solaxys New Cupcake

Hola!

Moving off from Rift, being my first MMO and that I joined a few months into the game, I am perturbed as to how one goes about starting a fresh MMO at ground zero.
    I assume the first step is find a guild to not let the levelling and progression be stale :p.
    I have played most Beta Weekends, so know the ins and outs of the game to the cap level we were allowed to anyway.

So I will throw a bit of information about myself, and how I play my MMOs, and hopefully one of you fine readers can cater and let me know if there is a guild out there that suits my playstyle!

How I am planning on playing the game
    First and foremost, I am a theorycrafter and, as much as my time permits me, a perfectionist. But I do not like to rush things, either. I prefer to explore every nook and cranny, learn the lore, finish every quest, take a stab at every achievement, and pretty much understand the game before I delve into the endgame. This means I am an average-pace leveller. It will take time, maybe 2-3 weeks (assuming I play ~4 hrs a day for all 14-21 days).

While I am not vain, I do take my character seriously. How it is presented, how it is played, right down to the very detail of naming and titles. This is primarily because when I invest in a game, I want it to mean something, to whatever extent. So I will be hunting a lot for an archetype that fits me throughout my gameplay, which of course might extend my "pre-endgame" time.

Also, to add to what I said earlier regarding exploration, I also love to find out all options there are with the gameplay. This includes rep grinds, dailies, currency farming etc... I establish a routine through which I systematically eliminate each of these requirements making my character the best it can possibly be.

And finally, I am a hardcore player (no not world-first hardcore, or "omg screw the game, I just want loot" hardcore). I am hardcore in that, as I stated before, a perfectionist. I will find the best items, use the best builds, and make my character the best it can be with regards to performance. I compel myself to do this; I don't need (or in fact, want) a guild forcing these on me. I will get there in a time-frame I find comfortable with regards to all I said above, but I will get there nonetheless. I have no doubt that with my passion for being the better lot of players will make me one of your strongest players in any role, in any environment (as long as I love it; for if I don't, I'll gradually lose interest) given you have the patience for me (again, with respect to all I said above).

I will not be able to do 7 days a week, 5 hrs a day raiding schedule (or even anything remotely close to that). Progression must be 3 - 4 days max, with 3 - 4 hrs per, preferably during evenings. I am in school (medical) and that sweeps a lot of my time and I have to prioritize as necessary.

My main focus and preference will be PVE Endgame Raiding/Open World. I do dabble into PVP, primarily for achievements and completionism, but it won't be my daily breakfast. I will research and acquire any and all benefits to make me a strong contributor to any kind of raid. I am looking forward to playing a warrior or a spellslinger, however if your guild is a fit and needs me to play another class, I have no problem. Nor do I really care for a faction either. Roles do not peturb me; I will play whichever role will benefit the guild/raid the most. I do not RP; not against it, but I will not actively participate as I do not have the time or resources for this.

Who I Am (Personality & Experience)
    - Adaptable and versatile (I love to be versatile and would always get everything that is available to me)
    - Works hard to compete with himself (I try to work hard to best things at which I can control, so my parses on mobs will be higher every time - til I reach a skill cap, I suppose. I do compare myself with others, so there might be some competitiveness, but more or less there are tons of things I can't control and I choose to not worry about them)
    - Helpful (bordering on psychotic altruism) and always Guild First (will most likely will always be the first to sit out to give others a chance or pass on loot for the greater good)
    - Resourceful & Patient
    - A dork (I love to laugh, I love to talk, I love to joke around and be friendly to everyone. However, I am not crass [actually dislike overdosing of crass humor], and respect boundaries and people for who they are.)
    - A bit of ego to boot (I am not arrogant nor disrespectful; but I like to feel proud of my achievements and don't take too lightly on being talked down to if not deserving of it [if I am, then I'll take it and apply the criticism for the better])
    - Oh I am an achievement and completionist kook. [​IMG]

Finally, while I am not looking for a leadership position of any sort (I can help if requested), my first MMO was Rift in which I had guild led and raid led, so my experience in MMOs is quite thin. I was a raid leader for most of my Rift career, and have led many pre-nerf kills including Akylios and Laethys --- and now into SL with Regulos. When I state pre-nerf, I mean pre-ALL nerfs.
    I recently stepped down from raid leading (due to time constraints); however the knowledge I have accrued will of course carry on into sustaining my gameplay here.
    One of the guides I wrote: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...de-eggtenders-planebreaker-bastion-1-5-a.html

And if you yourself are a Rift Player, send me a PM and I can add you in game and show you what I can do :p.

What I am looking for
    Aside from a guild that is able to cater to my playstyle mentioned above
    - Intelligent, funny, and maybe normal people
    - An environment where testing is encouraged
    - Competent and cohesive raid team
    - Communication & inclusiveness (Looking for friends, not strangers that log in for raids or cliques that outcast everyone)
    - A strong leadership, who has an idea of how to maintain a roster that can cater to 40-man raids.
    - Hardcore environment that is based on attitude, and not hours spent on game
    - American Time Frame (PST, CST, EST)
    - Motivated to be a guild and not just a raiding hub
    - Full disclosure and honesty to every recruit and the guild to the community of Wildstar.

Thank you for reading this far!
    If you have, and still interested, let me know! Reply here or PM me :D
    I am open to talking on any VoiP, just let me know.
  2. Uverse

Uverse New Cupcake

I can't offer you a solution to the Guild you're looking for, but I just wanted to share that I feel like I'm in the exact same boat as you. Used to be competitive and able to Raid 6+ hrs weekly - but time has caught up with me and there's more important places for my time and unpredictable schedule. I too seek a Guild that fits my playstyle and offers as much exposure into the entire game world. Best of luck, man! If I stumble across anything that matches what you're looking for, I'll be sure to let you know.
  3. Iymala

Iymala New Cupcake

I am not sure if this would meet your qualifications, but the community is great and has lasted the years throughout multiple games. We are looking at 3 days a week for raiding and are focused on providing a serious PVE and PVP environment focused on progression while having fun with each other. It is a large community, but members and leaders are genuinely interested in each other and looks to support each other.

I am also a big theory crafter, as well as others in the guild. I always look forward to more people who like the mull over min/maxing and discussing builds :)

Here is a link to the recruitment thread on these forums: http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/tribe-gaming-us-semi-hardcore-raiding.8171/

Here is a link directly to the Website: www.tribegaming.com
  4. Zei

Zei New Cupcake

Potential Intensity may be what both of you are looking for if you're interested in something on the other side of the size and age spectrum.

The biggest draw that I can share with you both (as well as the general public) is that our guild was created because like you, several people who now make up our guild's leadership were looking for something similar. We managed to develop a guild that approaches the game in a way that satisfies people on an individual and group level; appeasing a"retired hardcore" audience. These player-types can work together, even with less-seasoned gamers, and tackle endgame content at a respectable pace, without the demands of a strict-hardcore guild, nor the carefree and breezy approach of a traditional casual guild.

You can find more information in our recruitment post here:
    http://www.wildstar-central.com/ind...t-the-complications-potential-intensity.6840/

or our website here: http://www.potensity.net

Good luck to you both in your guild search.
  5. Darkzangetzu

Darkzangetzu New Cupcake

Check out http://immortal-sanctum.net/. We are a gaming community that has been around for 3 years now and we are heading to wild-star (we will be Exiles), I will send you a PM with more info if you are interested.
  6. Solaxys

Solaxys New Cupcake

bump bump; still looking for more options to consider.

Especially looking for guild that understand how important Crafting is to the game and is intent on setting up dedicated Crafters or crafting sessions for the overall raid/guild success.
  7. Warfromabove

Warfromabove New Cupcake

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29783-na-dominion-seriously-casual/

Look us up! Part of my leadership team is from Snakes on a Planarite. Him and I are trying to bring the mentality that he took to that guild and apply it to Wildstar. A "hardcore mentality on a casual schedule" type of an environment. We both understand how important crafting, gathering, and consumables will be to end game raiding. We're already trying to coordinate peoples professions as to maximize the potential of having high level crafting professions ready to rumble at 50.