1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

To me this is the game I'm most interested in right now TESO

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Konoko, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

Gameplay 1 from QuakeCon

Gameplay 2 from QuakeCon
  2. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I am more excited for WildStar at the moment and I have played in the TESO beta. Maybe I will get into the WS beta and not be impressed. There is also EverQuest Next coming out around the same time as TESO and WS so there are tough decisions to be made in 2014.
  3. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

My only issues I've seen with TESO is the faction system with PvP is looking to be more Planetside but in Tamriel, and I am not sure if the bow combat looks terrible because its beta footage and the animations are not done or it appears that he barely knocks the arrow before it shoots off at full force.

The whole "Will be on next gen consoles" has me curious as to how the 8 slot action bar will work with controllers.
  4. Konoko

I know so little of TESO to be honest but I really liked the graphics and gameplay of Skyrim. This looks to have the same type of combat system and graphics. They did a good job of making the world large and fun to explore. If you can create a game that has a very large world good graphics and a good combat system then I'm almost sold. Those are the most important things to me. Silly but true.
  5. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

As an Elder scrolls fan from Morrowind on (think I was too young for the first two) TESO interested me because it was an MMO that offered a more Morrowind class system with Skyrim combat. Its a shame that we can't have Morrowinds spell system with skyrims archery and melee.

While talking about TESO with my father he showed me the WildStar trailer, and I was like <REDACTED> Nirn, Nexus looks like a cooler place.
  6. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

You can call me hater, stupid, fanboy or whatever, but i think TESO will suck balls. I just feel that.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'm with you on this one though ;)
    CaRaDaGaiTa likes this.
  8. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

At first I was leaning towards TESO but for the past few months WS fever took me over. Although, I keep watch on all 3 MMO's that are coming in 2014, WS is first in my book at the moment.

Would be nice that all 3 get a decent sub base post launch to get some much needed competition into a genre dominated by one game.
  9. Konoko

I'm just not sure on TESO until I play it.
  10. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

I was initially much more interested in TESO than WildStar. But as time went on and more media was released for WildStar that balance shifted. I find the three faction PvP, and three faction in general, to be the biggest selling points for TESO.

WildStar just seems fun to me. I foresee myself spending many hours on Nexus playing a variety of content. Unless TESO reveals some new things I doubt I can justify its box price plus subscription just for the PvP.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  11. Konoko

That is very valid. If both games were to come out at the same time I'm pretty certain I wouldn't even bother buying TESO off the bat. I'd try WildStar first because of the community. I really have to see how the combat in WildStar pans out. I really hope the new ideas around questing make it more enjoyable. I really really REALLY hate questing.
  12. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

I can understand trying a game because of the community, but would you stay with a game for the community over a game whose content you might enjoy more?

Have you considered leveling via PvP? That <REDACTED> Koni is in Whitevale again, taking all the scalps.
  13. Konoko

I would not stay in a game just for the community. I have to tryout WildStar's modified combat system. I have leveled in MMO's before solely doing PvP and mob Grinding (SWTOR) and Tera (Bam Grinding). I do enjoy that more than questing. My only real motivation to play WildStar is PvP. I gave up on PvE a while ago as it just was not really worth the effort. Raiding where the same person screws up over and over again got really old. Some people are just more forgiving than I. I do make mistakes too but I like to do it in a more controlled environment. I like to test things out and work as a team to formulate strategies. This is more fun in a PvP environment as it's just 2-5 people usually. Not 20 or 40 which can become, as anyone knows, tough to orchestrate cleanly.
  14. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Agree. From what I've seen / heard so far, its going to be another MMO that gets dumbed down because of console port. I was excited for it but then they pushed it back, so they could release it on console... :rolleyes: A sub and port for console... Pass. It seems like its just going to be an "online skyrim". I still have hopes for Wildstar PvP and PvE. Everquest just doesn't seem like the game I want to play either... Seems "Casual" to me.
  15. Konoko

Yikes. Anything that is getting console love is not something I typically want to play.
  16. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Have you played The Secret World? I have heard the questing in that game is actually enjoyable.

In a raiding situation like you describe, the <REDACTED>up has to be benched. Maybe just for that fight or raiding session or permanently if necessary. Keeping them in just brings down the morale of the whole group, which then rots from within.
  17. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Raid guilds that are actually serious won't tolerate continuous <REDACTED>-ups.