1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Too many super cereal guilds.

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Derkkull, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

You seem to be looking for like minded people as well. A group that looks down on other groups, how odd; and a little ironic ;)

+1 for making me laugh this morning.
    Ceodoc and Joukehainen like this.
  2. Praiz

Praiz Cupcake-About-Town

I'm gonna just bookmark this to later on point out how a good guild might have reduced his chances of having such a trash character.
  3. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

You're quite optimistic considering this is how the thread has went: [​IMG]
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  4. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]
    Nunchi likes this.
  5. Tiqua

Tiqua New Cupcake

Because there need to be some guilds for all the Fruit Loops and Crunchy Nuts out there.
    Dave Bowman and Derkkull like this.
  6. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

I'll give you a point of view in between, so am not taking side, or taking the third side of the triangle, so to speak...

There is this one thing that has happened to me several times :

So am in a dungeon run or after a PvP thing and then the guy asks me
    "-hey we'd like someone like you to join our guild you'd be a perfect fit, you're the kind of guy we'd want in our guild"
    me : "-oh cool ! Great ! Well you guys seem kinda fun : throw me an invite !"
    "-Hmmm can't right now, no officers online, but do get X, Y or Z on your friendlist and when you see them on, ask them..."

2 days later I see X or Y or Z on :

me : "Hi, been running a few dungeons (or warzones, battlegrounds, whatever) with guys from your guild and they said i could/should join you guys"
    officer : "you have to fill an application/present yourself in our forum"
    me : "yeah fine, I'll do a little presentation on your forum, just invite me now so I start getting to know people around"
    Officer : "ha no no, you need to apply first, then we go on a process of judging the application and then we decide if you can join our guild or not..."
    me :"..."

Ok so i think I deserve to post a GIF in this thread as well right ?

Here :

[​IMG]
    Androssi and Dave Bowman like this.
  7. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think I've ever been told that from an officer. If any of my guild suggest new members to me I'm the first person to contact them, not the other way around. I'll see what they're like, maybe run a dungeon with them, ask what experience they've got in a group / raiding environment and then ask them to fill a brief form in on the website.

Obviously as a guild leader you need to ensure that you're not inviting random people on the basis of one run. The application forms are there to gather information which helps officers decide if they would be a good fit in the guild. They're not there to be a pain in the arse.

At the end of the day, a serious guild with a goal in mind, be it PvP or PvE has to recruit the relevant classes and personas. The application process makes that 300x easier.

[​IMG]
    Joukehainen likes this.
  8. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

Someone clearly didn't understand the "3rd" side...
  9. Classix

Classix Cupcake

I just don't understand why typing incites so much fear into said 3rd party. Hell, if you type as much as you have had in this forum, you'd be finished the application process already! I enjoy reading peoples applications and asking them questions so I can get to know them better. I've also made a lengthy one even though I wasn't required to. Like said different strokes for different folks.

You don't have to apply to said guilds, and guilds don't have to allow you acceptance.

Buahahaa! love it.
    Ceodoc, Joukehainen and Alverad like this.
  10. Victim

Victim New Cupcake

Haha this actually made me laugh after I read your sig
    Why are all you guys being so serious.
    MONEY! POWER! RESPECT!

You suck bro, you are no OG of mine
  11. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

[​IMG]
    ObliviousPrime likes this.
  12. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

Nothing turns your gaming into a job faster than playing with, a redacted wannabe.

The comedy side of some of the applications you read are bloody side splitting, your loss if you don't like the process.
    Play my application game or GT<redacted>O.
    http://www.wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/filthy-gorgeous-an-eu-raid-guild-exile-pvp.3286/
    recruiting for 4 nights a week gaming fun :D
    x

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/uplink_analysis_what_is_a_guild.php
  13. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

I will give you an example.

A few applicants ago, when asked the question:
    Outline your raiding history, please give as much detail and links where possible.

The applicant started out with: When I was 11 years old, I raided the biscuit tin...........
    He might have been inspired by our Bisqquit (RIP) jokes, so we all connected with him a little bit.

Later. He got in and now our members have taken it upon themsleves to ask very serious questions about prospective applicants biscuit raiding history. Some applicants bite (pun) and we start a rapport.
    We have had very detailed raid like analysis of biscuit based encounters.

Of course that's how banter works, you lay a line down and someone bites.
    It's all great fun and helps you form bonds.
    I have no exp of the American kind of Frat/Sor type of bonding, as you can imagine, being a cultured European, I wouldn't ever want to, but bonding is important, especially in group scenarios and remember, we have 40 man coming!

I wouldn't touch your freeform guild invite style with a barge pole and I have been around the block, many, many times.

*edit* I have been asked to point out that a biscuit based raiding history, will not get you a spot in Filthy Gorgeous. Thank you.
    Alverad likes this.
  14. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Amazing post, all round quality fun for all the OG's on the forum.

[​IMG]
  15. Zyld

Zyld New Cupcake

Risetta hit the mark perfectly if you ask me. YOU have choice how you play YOUR mmo-experience. For some people, life myself, we have a drive to be the best and having fun is being world first. Other individuals might like to just sit around a decorate their houses all day. Who says a person can't play how they want? Don't judge other guilds if they want serious individuals.
    Joukehainen likes this.
  16. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I feel a bit dirty for agreeing with Classix. :p
    Classix likes this.
  17. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

The best part about this entire GIF is when the thing starts to fall. And in the split second panic moment in that persons head, they decide the best course of action is to turn on the red blinker emergency light on the top of the vehicle.

I laughed so freaking hard thinking about what was going through that persons head to make them think that the red blinker light would help them at all.
    Nyxis and Nunchi like this.
  18. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

I didn't even notice that ROFL. He definitely was in the midst of testing General Relativity.. in a forklift.
  19. Sengar

Sengar Cupcake

All I can say is this hasn't been my experience

[​IMG]
  20. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.