1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Too much moderation

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by jackashflash, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackashflash

jackashflash Cupcake-About-Town

Site has way too much moderation. Even without name calling they jump into just about every discussion to tel people to calm down. We could be talking about how we love puppies, and probably get 2 mods telling us that it is getting out of hand.

Also, what is taboo topics? Its ridiculous... I was unaware that WS was occurring in the past during 1984.
  2. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Well technically today's world is much more like Orwell's 1984, more so than we like to admit... Either way, if users don't cause trouble or break the site rules we won't jump in on threads.

Prohibidididado topics are those that have lead to purely negative discussion in the past, this is also normally linked to aspects of WS that we have little to no information about.
  3. John

John "That" Cupcake

I have been baffled numerous times by what mods have deemed to be unacceptable.
  4. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

Instead of just blunting it out there saying ALL MODS HAVE DELETED THIS, DONE THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH, why don't you actually asked them why? Assuming you haven't done so already.

Each Mod is an individual person, their veiws are never going to be 100% the same on right and wrong, simply ask them over inbox or hop onto IRC, its not hard...
    Ianpact, Kataryna and Myrrdhinn like this.
  5. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

Hmm.. I'm quite curious about this. Be honest people. :)
  6. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Honestly? the website has rules, and is a community.

Mods just act to keep people from breaking the rules and to keep the community in a healthy working order. Mods telling people to keep civil in a thread is simply nipping the problem in the ass before it even starts,Why let an argument start and get out of control before stopping it when you can be pro-active instead of re-active? The mods on here are all extremely approachable, helpful and more than happy to help keep the site friendly, so they deserve thanks more than criticism.

Remember they aren't on a pay roll to moderate here, they do it simply for the good of the community.
    Kataryna and Ayora like this.
  7. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

I'm blushing. :oops:
  8. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I truly do not care if they delete every uninformative post there is. Lately few threads have had so much name calling and plain insulting that does not benefit anyone on these forums and makes the forums look less professional and friendly.

"If you have nothing good to say, say nothing."
    Ianpact and Kataryna like this.
  9. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> The irony of this is not lost on me but openly discussing moderation is, in fact, against the rules. No warnings will be given or anything but the thread will have to be closed. </Mod Monocle>
    Ianpact likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.