1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Trial days

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Chaii, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Chaii

Chaii Cupcake

Now that the business model is revelead I just had an idea. In my opinion an awesome idea.
    What if Carbine would invent something like "Trial Days".
    I will explain that thought. Carbine could offer a free trial version of wildstar for 3 days a month the whole year. So everyone who would like to test the game could just download it and play it for those 3 days.

Example:
    Alex is not amused of P2P games because he really believes P2P games are scam but he still wants to play Wildstar. Carbine announces that in the month June the "Trial days" will last from 5th to 7th June. Alex downloads the game on June the 4th and he starts playing at the 5th. After the 7th he has the option to buy the game (maybe a little bit cheaper .. I dunno) or he can just leave his account as it is and continues next month playing. Maybe from the 9th to 11th or whatever.
    The Trial Version should be limited to lvl 20 or something like this.

The option to invite friends with a guest pass could still exist but it would be a lot easier for people without friends who play Wildstar.
    Many more customers would try a P2P game and Wildstar would get more players.

2. Zellfel

Zellfel Cupcake-About-Town

Free trials are inevitable in just about any MMO. I wouldn't expect it right off the bat at launch, but within 6 months there will be a free trial set up (inb4 P2P doomsayer saying it'll be F2P by then).

3. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

I like this Idea, Steam does this now with some games. I could see a free trial happening, a year down the road from launch.

The week long pass was a great idea, its what got a few of my friends into WoW.