1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Turntable Hosting Carbine Appreciation Party

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Druidsfire, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Druidsfire

Druidsfire New Cupcake

On Saturday, July 27th, from 3pm Eastern Daylight Time/12 noon Pacific Daylight Time until whenever, the wacky regulars of the turntable.fm/wildstar room are hosting a party and have invited whatever Carbine devs to come hang out and DJ with us.

We don't have any official announcements as to which devs will show up and when, but there is an open invite floating around their office. The room is a semi-official WildStar hangout in that it's owned by dev Tim Hume (T!m in TT), and is frequented by him and a few of the others. We are aware that Turntable restricts access to US-based IP addresses, and we offer apologies to our friends overseas. While there are ways around this, we cannot condone or provide assistance in doing so due to the links to Carbine.

Because this is a special event and we expect a higher-than-usual turnout, I will be hand-moderating the DJ table. Carbine devs get first dibs on any open slot because it's their party and their room. After that, I will keep a queue and ping folks on the list when it's their turn, just like doing karaoke. Once someone gets a slot on the table, they do their turns until they get into the left-hand slot (a max of 5 songs). Once someone plays a song in the left slot, they have to step down and let other people have a turn. Please don't ask for a turn if you're going to be AFK more than a few minutes for a bio break or something.

Also, following is to be understood and followed and are part of the usual rules for the room:

1) Be excellent to one another. - Trolls will be removed from the room if necessary.

2) There is to be *NO* discussion of beta, NDA topics, or asking/begging for beta keys. There are no giveaways or swag to be handed out and most definitely no keys. Seriously.

3) As in IRC and most other places the devs show up, please ask and get permission before PMing them.

4) While it's not an normal room rule, for the party, I am invoking the unwritten 'don't play progrock-length songs' rule... please keep individual song lengths under 8 minutes so as to let as many people play songs as possible.

5) The room's chat and the music being played may be NSFW. Listen around your kids or at work at your own risk, we're not responsible for whatever colorful language your kids suddenly learn or your boss hears.

Thank you for your understanding. Please be advised that we will have several mods in the room to help maintain the peace, and several Chua and Mordesh around to handle miscreants as necessary. You can find out who's a mod by going to the Room list, click 'People Here', and it will show an 'M' next to our names.

Feel free to stop by anytime if you want to test the waters before the party, the room almost always has folks DJing and chattering.

- :inlove: Druidsfire
    Voison and Six like this.
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

I do not support this message. Stop wasting the devs time when they could be working on the game! 24/7 nose to the grindstone baby!
    Chaii likes this.
  3. Zilvis78

Zilvis78 New Cupcake

Well I for one will be there for sure,I find TT to be fun-relaxing-and a good time that the devs agree with. They like to unwind on breaks and given its a weekend especially so. I commend Druid for organizing this as anyone out there who makes things in the community a better place. Come one, come all and have some good tunes and times!
  4. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

I'll be there as well. I love listening to good music, and talking to everyone in the WS community. :inlove:
  5. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

You know I'll be around ;)
  6. Freelancer

Freelancer Cupcake-About-Town

I'll get all of our guys out of our own turntable and bring 30 or so to the party. Should be fun!
    Voison likes this.
  7. Yawn

Yawn New Cupcake

I'll be there as soon as I get out of work! Save a DJ spot for me! :p
  8. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

9. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

Firefox Plug in called Media Hint. Works like a charm. :)