1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Type of players that annoy you.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Stich, Jan 26, 2014.

?

what kind of player annoys you?

1. Those that insist they are a SOLO que player, yet sign up for GROUP content

25 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. People who refuse to accept, advice and think that they are 'l337'

89 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. chat spammers (this includes WTS, WTT, WTB LF guild)

60 vote(s)
    38.5%
  4. non responsive players in both pvp and pve

61 vote(s)
    39.1%
  5. new players, or slow learning players

13 vote(s)
    8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bunglerm00se

bunglerm00se New Cupcake

Can we choose none of the above? None of those groups particularly annoy me.

Generally, the only people that annoy me in a game exhibit one or more of the following behaviors:
    • Incessantly complain about the game they're spending time in
    • Make sweeping, untenable statements about the motivation of the development team without any actual insider knowledge (So-and-so hates such-and-such class so they're destroying it on purpose, etc.)
    • Spend time informing newbies in general chat that their question has been answered a million times when it would have taken less time to just answer the f**king question.
    Eliat_kuni and Mierelle like this.
  2. Soximus

Soximus New Cupcake

People who compare MMORPG's to MMOFPS and other MMO branches bug me the most, other MMORPGS to extent you can compare but comparing to different game genre's is ludicrous! It's like comparing bananas to aeroplanes
  3. Le Pigeon

Le Pigeon New Cupcake

I'm fairly laid back in personality, few things will get me upset. Most of my time in the various MMO's I've played has been spent laughing rather than raging. The one thing that does set me off are people who give up. You finally get a random group together and after one bad pull, someone yells "you all suck" and then drops group, rather than tightening up the proverbial chinstrap and trying again. Or in battlegrounds your team doesn't immediately take a singular objective and two people quit, leaving your team down players. I do not like losing, but I'd rather go down swinging than just throw in the towel.
    gabers1 likes this.
  4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Cupcake

I'm not a fan of people who use chat as a diary to complain about personal stuff that the entire server doesn't want to know. Or really any one on one chats that could easily be taken to whispers. This is partially why people spam "WTT or LFG;" Because people use the Trade chat and Looking for Group chat to tell some random guild mate their bloody colonoscopy went well and knock relevant stuff off the chat box.
  5. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

people who for some reason chose me to send a whisper asking for help, advice and gold.
  6. MacHaggis

MacHaggis Cupcake

Especially players like this person are specially annoying.
  7. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

Cute
  8. Galosha

Galosha Cupcake

I'm pretty patient person, so ppl like in list above not annoy me.

But i had several runs with EGOISTs that irked me to no end. All had to be done as they say ("We would skip this boss because I dont like him" or "I'm here for XX-item so I would go only to boss-YY, and nobody should roll on it if dropped" and good if this said in beginning), they would try to kick noobs or ppl not speced like they want 'cause - if I'm in run it should be "perfect".
  9. Arcane Avis

Arcane Avis New Cupcake

In all honesty, all those types of players listed in the poll options really don't annoy me too terribly. If someone wants to be a hypocrite or chooses to not listen well, then that's their business. I don't need to get involved. (Granted, I imagine it is a bit different for guild leaders who have to make it their jobs to be involved in every form of drama - bless them.)

But really, the one thing that never ceases to not irk me is just rude people in general. I can't stand people nowadays in games and their poor attitude when they lose or just their attitudes towards other players. It's disgusting. Truly, bad manners and lack of tact is what can ruin games for me (eg. LoL).
    Eliat_kuni likes this.
  10. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

Meter maids. Aka the people who focus on the damage meters with no regard for the fight itself and ow that fight,s mechanics impact DPS of classes present.
  11. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

They got banned for breaking NDA, rofl. And it was definitely a he.
  12. Cananh

Cananh Cupcake

Poll is missing a none of the above option. No vote from me.

I find it difficult to be truly annoyed by players given how easy it is to just add them to your ignore list and have them effectively disappear from your world. And in most MMOs I end up in decent guilds and spend most of my time with very decent people. Apart from one psycho guildie who was eventually caught reading other members' PMs on the guild website and stealing stuff from the vault. But that's psychopaths for you.
  13. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

Dammit! Can't believe I fell for it :p
  14. tyranade

tyranade Cupcake

Non-responsive players - why are they playing an MMO anyway?
  15. DRGomes07

DRGomes07 New Cupcake

Options 2 and 3 annoy the <REDACTED> outta me....
  16. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I don't like anyone period so I voted for all options.
    Eliat_kuni likes this.
  17. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

As i mentioned in another thread: Players who match themselves up with the wrong skill level of players and then complain about everyone else. eg player who are average players who join Heroic raiding guilds and when they underperform they lash out at everyone for having "no life" and say <REDACTED> like "its only a game"

And ofc, the opposite : players of high skill level joining LFR or low level content and rage at everyone for not being on their level.

That is something that causes a lot of grief and drama. I sometimes take geared toons through low level content but never link meters, brag about my ability, or talk down to the other members. At least i certainly try not to.

And these days, i dont have the time to full tiem raid heroics, so i just avoid it altogether unless its a random PuG or something.
  18. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

I only lash out at "lesser skilled" people when I tell/show them minor changes that have huge impacts in their performance (such as a change to their "rotation") and they don't follow it and continue to force us to wipe or see no need because they are already being comfortably carried. That upsets me.
  19. Nexus Elites

Nexus Elites Cupcake

Gamers will *always* nitpick the games they play, and its not for negative reasons. Its actually because they care about the game's success, and when devs do something they don't like, they tend to lash out.

Also the 99 cent rule applies here. If you promise a gamer a dollar and you only give them 99 cents, they will always harp about that 1 cent, even if the other 99 were awesome.
  20. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

Oh for sure, totally agree. It is when they dont think there is a problem that i have the problem.

"mate, we need to work on your dps"
    "nah bro i got this"
    "nah, you dont, you are behind the healers in dmg done"
    "yeah bro disc preists are op as, its not me"

SIGH