1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Type of players that annoy you.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Stich, Jan 26, 2014.

?

what kind of player annoys you?

1. Those that insist they are a SOLO que player, yet sign up for GROUP content

25 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. People who refuse to accept, advice and think that they are 'l337'

89 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. chat spammers (this includes WTS, WTT, WTB LF guild)

60 vote(s)
    38.5%
  4. non responsive players in both pvp and pve

61 vote(s)
    39.1%
  5. new players, or slow learning players

13 vote(s)
    8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

I agree about the grping to quest thing. When im new, im obviously quite slow as i learn the game / quests, and 2nd time around, i usually am quite comfortable and quick as i quest, so it never seems to balance right. I / They are either too fast, or too slow. I dont really blame the player for that though, but it is annoying.
  2. Omerta

Omerta New Cupcake

My least favorite will always be the complainers. If you are bored go away.
  3. Iymala

Iymala New Cupcake

I get sick of the people who play poorly, yet refuse to not only listen to advice but become belligerent when given advice to improve their play. It is completely understandable that not everyone is at the same skill level or experience level in an MMO, but the above mentioned players really give the community a bad time and often end up giving less capable players a stereotype of being not worth the time because of a few bad apples.
  4. Ratstomper

Ratstomper Cupcake

Know-it-alls who insist on brow-beating newbs. They're literally the worst kind of person.

I can excuse someone who is bad at the game, even if I don't necessarily like having their performance affect me. Some people are new. Some people just aren't very good, but are still there to have fun. People who are full of themselves, too invested in the game, too impatient or full of illegitimate indignation; THOSE are the people I can't stand.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Cupcake

Impatient players who will leave group after a few wipes and players who will let gear be a factor in social interaction, whether it's obnoxious elitists or the immature people kissing up to them.

To me however the most annoying type of all are manipulative sociopaths in high end raiding guilds who bully other guild members when they feel threatened or outperformed. These are the types of people who have made me question why I'm even playing in the first place.
    Astartes_82 likes this.
  6. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

LOL. Reminds me of an old song: "They're Rioting in Africa". One classic line in it is: "And I don't like anybody very much!"
  7. Noa

Noa Cupcake

People who make up threads about people they dislike! >:/

Just kidding! But I guess, people who don't take advice well/at all. I understand being a new player and stuff and sometimes they just need a nudge or a helpful hint, so it's not that bad. The only other kind of player that annoys me I suppose is.. Askholes and Rushers.

Askholes who 'ask' for your help or advice... and then just keep doing what they were doing anyways as if you didn't suggest anything. Rushers, I've heard from various people and sadly have experienced with a few of my own friends, that when you agree to party/group up and do stuff together, but when you're offline they just continue on without you and then make a big deal about how you/everyone else isn't up to their level yet.
    Astartes_82 likes this.
  8. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Complainers

Seen this on almost every MMO and hell probably even game (and on a few music channels) out there. People who just whine constantly, proclaiming the game sucks, and just waste their life just to bash something they will likely not play anyway.

I never could quite get the attitude of these guys......
    Omerta likes this.
  9. EtherealOmega

EtherealOmega Cupcake-About-Town

Non-responsives and chat spammers. Non-responsives you can boot in PvE environments by uninviting them to the group. Chat spammers you can ignore. All-in-all they can be dealt with and just move on from :)
  10. CRB_J-Tal

CRB_J-Tal Carbine Studios

How is "all of them" not an option?
    Inukeu and Nayukhuut`Chet like this.
  11. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

You are a filthy casual, you aren't allowed to be annoyed by all of them.
  12. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

1) People who ask questions that were answered seconds before they asked it and 60 times in the last hour before that. These questions are usually the ones that have a huge post on the front page of the official or most popular forums for that particular game.

9)The people that flame the people from 1 instead of just ignoring them, answering the damn question (again), or pointing them in the right direction to find the answer themselves.

6)People who argue about private matters in world chat, going so far as to wait 30seconds between each response, instead of just whispering each other.
    Astartes_82 likes this.
  13. Gardavil

Gardavil Cupcake

Players I hate the most.... oh yea the ones who expect certain things to remain the same forever and then get mad and say they won't purchase/play a new game because the Devs of the new game are doing things different than past Devs of other games did...

and then those Player buckle under temptation and purchase/play the game anyway because they realize it's pointless to resist the best MMO made in years and they don't want to miss this one...

That would be me. I am the player I hate the most.

I'm gonna go hide under a rock now....
    Astartes_82 likes this.
  14. Astartes_82

Astartes_82 New Cupcake

The people who flame about in game about how much the game sucks and such and such game is so much better/their fps won't max like it did in other games/how much they hate the ppl in game...I just don't understand, if they dislike it so much, why they don't go play something else and let those of us who ARE enjoying the game play without harassment.
  15. Astartes_82

Astartes_82 New Cupcake

What put me off of other MMO's was people who, rather than constructive suggestion, whould rant and rant about how myself or others were using "<REDACTED>-fit" configurations of gear or abilities. Guess what! I have found the combination of gear and abilities that I find to be fun to play with! Now thanks for the suggestions but leave me alone!
  16. Pestilinz

Pestilinz Cupcake

Misery loves company?
    Astartes_82 likes this.
  17. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Those who forget that this is only a game!
  18. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

Those who necro posts....
  19. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Well, since it's already necroed....

I bumped into someone today that was a little annoying. On the Temptest Refuge adventure the healer that joined the que promptly said they weren't really a healer. That a healer wasn't needed on this adventure. It was only an adventure, not a raid.

I guess that yes, some characters are well equipped enough to be able to handle things without problem. Yet not everyone is like that. So when some members of the team are being really hurt by the end wave bosses it's kind of clear that a little support goes a long way. In the end I switched from my DPS role to healing and support and the rest of the adventure went fine.

So I guess something that bothers me would be people who que with a certain role, then promptly say that they are not that role.
  20. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

Well that certainly why there is vote to kick. Although, I have only kicked players that were DCd for several minutes so I don't know what the minimum timer is on Vote to Kick.