1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Type of players that annoy you.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Stich, Jan 26, 2014.

?

what kind of player annoys you?

1. Those that insist they are a SOLO que player, yet sign up for GROUP content

25 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. People who refuse to accept, advice and think that they are 'l337'

89 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. chat spammers (this includes WTS, WTT, WTB LF guild)

60 vote(s)
    38.5%
  4. non responsive players in both pvp and pve

61 vote(s)
    39.1%
  5. new players, or slow learning players

13 vote(s)
    8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SDR

SDR Cupcake

People who never reply... communication is the key to succes!
  2. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

I'd vote to kick them immediately. They're just cutting in line.

They are correct for the most part, adventures barely need a healer at all. But they should at least be playing a hybrid spec just in case some of the people in your group like standing in telegraphs. Which leads me to my new least favorite player:

People who stand in telegraphs!

Ok, getting hit by one every now and again is understandable, nobody is perfect the first time through. But I've had dps and tanks who seem to intentionally seek out telegraphs. I mean some of these people are dodging across the room just to get hit by the next telegraph, not ok! Every focus point is sacred. :p
  3. Lithion

Lithion New Cupcake

Players who cry about every little thing. or players that arent good so they die and blame the game and start flaming the game lol.
  4. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think the most fun that I have had (on the Tempest Adventure) has been when four people were using hybridish LAS and one true tank. We each had a couple support abilities, but the difference was that we had been experimenting and ran together as a group a couple of times. So we agreed to it and chose abilities that meshed well.

I was one of the two espers, but I used bolster and pyrokinetic torch thingie and reverie. The other Esper complimented me with phantasmal armor and pretty much used soothe as a mobile builder. There as a medic that was always in the middle of it with the tank and a spellslinger that consistently used that absorb shield and healing salve. It was fun! The main reason that other person was a tank was to just make it easier to group up the infantry.

In almost every Tempest we did I took reverie with me. It was good to heal everyone after a mistake so that any dedicated healer at the time could have a chance to conserve their focus. A 5 psi point reverie makes everyone go "Yays!"

I'm a little bit guilty of this. But! I usually have either phantasmal armor or esper innate. So I know I can absorb that telegraph against that foe just so I can get that last moment attack off. Plus it's like, mooning the face of danger and giggling at it afterwards!
  5. nennafir

nennafir New Cupcake

TC annoys me. S/he seems to think s/he is so 1337.
  6. Shinjorai

Shinjorai New Cupcake

I think the ones who annoy me most are people who <REDACTED> and complain constantly about things just for the sake of complaining. Also rude people, who cant even be bothered to answer somebodys legitimate question. Its those people trolling in the start of gaming communities that can set the tone for the whole thing. Then later on in the games life cycle people wonder why theres nobody there playing and its all because people choose to act like dicks. I understand not everybodys going to get along but choosing to push peoples buttons just for the sake of doing it is pretty lame and annoying. Never realized there was so many sociopaths in the world until i started playing mmos lol.
  7. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

The players who annoy me the most are the ones who voted for the last option. So there are at least 13 of you <REDACTED>s out there.

WE WERE ALL NEW PLAYERS AT ONE POINT. Do you realize that? So when someone doesn't do something correctly, it's almost certainly because they don't understand an aspect of the game that you do. As a person who recognizes the issue and knows how to fix it, it is your responsibility to fix the issue.

Why is it YOUR responsibility, you may ask? Well, why is it anyone else's? The guy did something wrong because he didn't know something about the game, and if nobody corrects him on what he did wrong, he will continue to do it wrong, screwing things up for every group of players he plays with until someone else finally has the sense to correct him. You were partially responsible for what these other groups had to deal with because you didn't take the initiative to fix the problem when it was well within your grasp to do so.

It is completely unreasonable to assume that a new player should figure out everything on his own, especially if you believe in the idea that an experienced MMO player is more valuable than a new one. Why do I say that, you ask? Because if you've already mentally assigned value to the level of experience a player has, then you have already admitted that people who play this game for a longer time just know things that people who haven't played as long do NOT know. You've admitted to yourself that there is a difference between these types of players. So why would you ever assume that the new player should have figured out everything that the experienced player knows, thus giving you permission to judge him and be an <REDACTED> (permission that, in my opinion, nobody should ever have on anything ever)?

The people who actually get angry and upset about the fact that they have to deal with new players (i.e. the 13 morons who voted for the 5th option) are generally really bad at teaching other players anything. That's why they get so frustrated: it's because they don't have the tools they need to achieve true success in an MMO. The true test of how well you know something, in my opinion, is how well you can teach it to others. So if you can't teach it to others....

I know this is a big wall of text, but it struck a nerve that even ONE person would vote for the 5th option.
  8. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

I addressed this like 4 pages ago.
  9. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, but not very well. ;)

Are you trying to drag me down your rabbit hole again LTD?
  10. Spuddicus

Spuddicus New Cupcake

During the beta I was a solo player as I had trouble convincing my friends to play with me much, so I queued up for group content a lot. I'll say the thing that annoyed me most was that after waiting 40 minutes to get into a game, I was super hyped and ready to start crushing some dungeons. Most of my experiences were rather positive, but one thing that irked me was finally popping in, seeing four people under the same guild banner, and saying "Hello!" with no reply. They were quite obviously on some form of VoIP. Even so, they could have chatted with me a bit, invited me to their comms, or at least acknowledged me when I offered a friendly greeting. Hopefully this ends up being a rare occurrence post-launch as it was kind of a bummer. =P

Anyone else have a similar experience? Not saying this is the thing that WOULD bug me the most if I encountered it, but I didn't actually run into any hardcore ragers or particularly rude people during my limited time with the game.
  11. Livnthedream

There is no rabbit hole. I expressed an opinion that demonstrates how one can vote for such an option (I didn't btw) without it being a grievous sin against king, country, and your mom.
  12. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

It didn't actually demonstrate that, by the way.

You set up a strawman argument, saying that the reason you disapprove of the newbies / slow-to-learners is that sometimes they rely on you to do everything for them.

I'm sorry, but in a video game, I fail to see when this would ever be true. The only time I could see it being true is when you yourself are allowing yourself to be manipulated.

When you teach a man to fish and know that he knows how to fish, and then that man asks you to fish for him, why in the living hell would you comply with his request? He knows how to fish. Just tell him to <REDACTED> off and go on with your day. You can feel confident taking this course of action since you KNOW that this person knows how to fish for himself because you were there for the teaching of how to perform such a task. I really don't understand how the issue you brought up would ever be a problem.

You don't like "slow to learn", right? Well guess what: there is no quicker way to learn something than being forced to do it yourself. Yet another reason to tell the guy who is pestering you to do something on his behalf to just do it himself and move on with your own business.
  13. Livnthedream

Because politics.

Really. Its easier the majority of the time to just do it for them than to sit there walking them through it repeatedly when they "don't get it" and if you don't you have to put up with their bull<REDACTED> reasons as to why they are failing. You can't just "write them off" the way you claim because a significant part of your success to tied to theirs.