1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Undercutting the prices in player based markets

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Ergilion, Jan 28, 2014.

1. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

i just vendor everything ... life is too short to worry about how much of a virtual currency (that can't keep me fed) some random item is worth. I really wish someone would release a fixed price market so I could just give the stuff away at a basic fair value as opposed to having to monkey around with some auction house, spending tons of time trying to figure out how to unload w/e i found lieing on a virtual corpse.

Zilong likes this.
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Because for lots of players you may as well have just said "I wish they would just hand us the gear, life is too short to run dungeons".

3. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

no, I'm pretty sure he just said he didn't care to put the time into figuring out the ah. I'm with him on that. I usually vendor <REDACTED>. I am starting to use the ah with one of my characters, becvause I am fed up with how ridiculous prices are for items on that realm, so I undercut people like crazy, just trying to get prices down to a more reasonable level...

4. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

Kind of on a similar note, I mostly feel like junk items could be avoided. If an item will most definitely be sold because it doesn't have value to sell on AH, or is literally unable to do anything but to vendor it, then why not just give the equivalent money drop instead? I know in WoW there was a ton of items that only ever saw vendors.

5. Blue Tunic Man

Blue Tunic Man Cupcake-About-Town

I never messed with crafting/gathering until like last year and I was just flying around mining <REDACTED>.

Ore/bars always sold like hotcakes at high prices. It was crazy and that was really low level stuff, I didn't have enough time to mine outlands stuff where people pay 1k for a stack of adamantite. v.v;

People are lazy <REDACTED>s.

6. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

I remember once I wanted to open up space in my bank and make some quick bucks.... This was back in Burning Crusade... I had at least 1000 fel iron bars.... I dumped em at a deep discount and sank the fel iron market for at least half a month. But I moved my merch so I was happy.

However I do not use the AH as my primary means of the game or income, I needed to move and <REDACTED> and move it fast.

I think the markets in EVE-Online are superior though because they can work for the sell it now crowd while still providing a non undercut economy due to the buy order. In EVE someone can post what are called buy orders stating they will pay x per unit of y. If you have a <REDACTED>load of y and think x is a good price you load up your Charon and truck it to that region and cash in.

There are people who this is all they do in EVE, They find stuff selling cheap in hubs and move it to outer rim areas and jack up the price.

In games without the EVE like systems, You have to ask pretty much do you see the AH as a garage sale or as your place of business.

7. Livnthedream

That was my point. There are lots of players that "endgame" for them is playing the market. To make a "fixed price" market completely alienates them. As much as just handing out loot would alienate the players who run dungeons all day long. Whether you are one of those players or not is immaterial.

In order for that to work decently there needs to be different prices in different regions, which Wildstar will not support.

8. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

Ah yes the power of convenience and ignorance, I made quite a bit of money by selling Small Eggs (purchased throughout the year for pennies) and marked up Ice Cold milk (which was sold at inns right next to the AH) during Winter Veil.

9. Livnthedream

During Cata launch I made literally thousands of gold buying vellums off from the vendor for a couple silver and selling them for 1g each on Tichondrious.

10. Lesh

Lesh Cupcake

I remember selling snowballs, i though it was the funniest thing ever

11. Revoltech

Revoltech Cupcake

i have found my twin ._.

12. Stich

Stich Cupcake

if your on the draenor server, and referign to leather or herbs then yeah sorry thatd be me since i always sell it for at least 15% cheaper than the lowest going price, on both bid and buy out.