"Unnatural" Skintone Choices for Aurins

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by kaimarshall, Sep 26, 2013.

1. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

2. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Probably. Carbine is big on choice, and more exotic (not unnatural, this is perfectly normal for Aurin) skin colours is not out of the question.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Pink skin looks pretty slick on that feller.
  4. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/what-animal-patterns-do-the-aurin-come-in.6115/ ;)

Skin colours I've seen so far: "normal", pale, pale pink, pink, green, blue. I don't think we'll get patterns. We've seen some concept art with face paint etc. but I've still yet to see in-game footage with any kind of pattern.

And curiously, we've only seen different colours of skin and hair on male Aurin. The females have ALWAYS been purple with light skin. Still in development, or will they stay that way? I hope we'll find out soon.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Given that the males so far have shown both various hair AND skin colors, I've become a lot more certain that female aurin will also share those traits. They would look way too different from the males without the same coloration options. At the very least, the females ought to have various skin options like the males seem to have.
  6. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Male aurins might just be like male birds and use their vibrant colors to attract uniformly and duller colored [purple] female aurin. :eek: (side note: is plural of Aurin still Aurin or is it Aurins?)
  7. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

It seems like aurin, granok chua and draken all have a pretty wide variety in colors available to them. Have we seen much of a difference in coloring of the mechari or mordesh?
  8. kaimarshall

I know it's not unnatural for an Aurin to have such skintones, but I didn't know what else to refer to it as, which is why I put it between quotients :)
  9. kaimarshall

Oh, I actually participated in that thread :) By the way, having all the female Aurins the same seems like a scary thought... Let's hope it won't be like that.
  10. kaimarshall

I saw a character creation video where it showed a male Mechari's body/armor/general exterior(lol) being changed to different colors :)

As for the Mordesh, we still don't know much about their customization options, besides from the fact that we can choose what parts of their bodies can be exposed with the glass and liquid thing. We also know we can change the color of the actual liquid, and I've seen a variety of skintones for them too. All in the same range though, which is fine with me.
  11. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i hope they get animal patterns . would be awesome. bet draken do.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  12. Xlugon Pyro

Hope so too. Especially facial/body tattoos like in some of the aurin pics floating around.
    Xecks likes this.
  13. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

tats huh . nice !
  14. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

It seems like Draken deserve tattoos too, but they're probably more into piercings. Or sticking the severed heads of their enemies on their horns. It does seem like I also remember seeing some Granok pictures with, well not exactly tattoos, but carvings on their stone skin. Mordesh being able to select which parts of the body are in the blue tanks and the color of the tanks.

Every race needs a little something unique to add to the body even if we don't have scales. Skin color is obvious, but tattoos would be nice. Even with chua there would be different patterns in the fur.

Hm....a chua with a skull and crossbones pattern in their fur....Space Pirate Chua!