1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Viera+Lon Femina+small=Aurin(totally awesome)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by FranBunnyFFXII, Aug 15, 2013.

1. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

So I watch this pretty cool youtuber quite frequently(Zybak), and he was talk about WildStar all the damned time and whatever sooo I'm like "eh I'll go see what he's so giddy about," and these things pop up on the screen.
    [​IMG]
    Well....damn...

I do believe Carbine just gave me the race aesthetics I've desperately wanted for a long long time...

I've always been such a giddy person over the bunnyears thing so ofc when I was a teenager I got to discover the Viera in Final Fantasy XII.
    These gals
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Infact my love for these creatures really ended up inspiring my universal IGN and everything about my character aesthetics for the future to come in my mmo choices.

So the aurin's top half really got me giddy, although the breast size is quite large for a Viera by comparison...
    but the excitement didn't end there!

I saw the tails and the naturism and the strong curviness to the models and well...

They also seem to have a beautiful inspiration similar to the Lon Femina
    These girls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The tails! The curviness the femme looks! The Aurin look incredibly similar!

I absolute adored the Lon Femina with a passion I had never really had for a race before, unfortunately the game they came from shutdown and with it was lost one of the most amazing lore based and explained races of all time.
    Infact if you google the words lon femina in images you'll see pictures of my avatar.

The Aurin look like such an incredible fusion of these character aspects. I'm so stoked!
    I'll finally get to play a bunnygirl avatar outside of Final fantasy 12! :D

I mean I adore bunnygirls. Even the artwork on my laptop is of Fran from FFXII
    http://i.imgur.com/VNNXwd4.jpg
    To say the least im fangirling all over the place, because my train of thought on this is "Finally the race I've always wanted to play!"

The only thing with the Aurin that's not like the viera or lon femina is how small they are. They appear to be quite pint sized.
    Where as my Lon femina towered at around 6ft 6, the average viera stands around 6ft at the tops of their head not the tips of their ears, and my guild wars 2 Norn is a staggering 9 ft.(almost 3 metres)+ tall.

My only gripe is that there's no archer class for Aurin, which is a shame. The archer thing goes with the naturism concept that both the lon femina and Viera as well as the Aurin share.
    And me myself is actually very much into naturalism and nature.
    However I've played Mages in WoW, and Flyff, and god knows how many MMORPGs for years and years...
    But thankfully WildStar has thrown in yet a nother awesome thing for me to fan girl over.
    For over 5 years in a game called Flyff, I played a mage, not just any mage, but a Psychic mage(Psykeeper), she was an insanely powerful and skill based low HP, super high defence tanky DPS AoE mage that really made me fall in love with the idea of psionic mages. Still one of my favorite archetypes....

And ofc what do I see on the wildstar classes? ESPER! YAAAAAA~!!!!!
    Oh please let this game be awesome.
    A psychic mage bunnygirl character? Am I dreaming!?

Man I would be a fool to not be fangirlly excited all over this!

Is anyone else this excited? or have this much of a reason to play?

Its literally the game that will have the rebirth of all my past characters and ideas into an avatar I've been wanting to play for a long long time.

How about you guys and girls? Anyone this excited for a race or aspect of a race for WildStar?
    this is going to be so awesome.
    Dedlaw and Inukeu like this.
  2. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

I'm torn between applauding your enthusiasm and asking someone to spray you with cold water.

Personally, I like the concept of the Mordesh. Their implementation is a little too pretty and emo for my liking (they look more like night elves than Forsaken, as a reference point for what I mean), but, thematically, they hit all the right notes for me. I was especially pleased to learn that their necrotic condition is self-inflicted, as I feel that being cursed by one's own hubris is much darker than if, say, they were victims of some Dominion science experiment like some people were predicting.

I'm very excited about the Dominion, though. It's been too long since I had the opportunity to play on the side of ruthless conquerors who aren't bogged down by things like being evil for the sake of evil (Sith Empire), some contrived sob story about how they were the victims of manipulation and/or persecution (the Horde), or pretensions of being a bunch of harmless noble savages who really just want to live their little tribal lives in peace (again, the Horde).

I love everything about the Dominion aesthetic and persona, and, while I might not feel the same affinity for them as I do for the Mordesh, I like all of the Dominion races. I was originally ambivalent about the Chua, but I've been quite pleased to see that they're much more sociopathic than cute.
    Kataryna likes this.
  3. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

[​IMG]

I'm just totally stoked, finally the avatar idea avaible to play that I was dreaming of!
    How can I not be excited?!
    Watch the water tho...*hiss*
    Be nice :p

Hey hey hey.......
    I'll have you know I'm a blood elf...and ill have you know... the alliance are the bad guys >.>
    Well cept garrash... that mofo needs the boot....like now.

And yes we want to live our tribal lives in peace. damn night elves walking all over everything and humans all butthurt about the orcs...
    I wanna play with arcane magic in the forests and hang out with my undead buddies!
    For da Horde!
    (no means to start a skirmish im just having a bit of fun at your prodding :p)
  4. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

I don't understand the emo reference at all. Other than a dev using the word to describe them poorly once, nothing has struck that vibe for me with them. From the Wildstar meet video to the Victor Lazarin interview, not getting that vibe. I won't be basing emo on appearances as there is far more to it than that, so space zombies don't default at emo imo. I'm quite certain you've seen the brain exposed and rotten mouth exposed models as well. Those are far from emo apperance. And the female Mordesh character art on the official site screams space zombie pirate punk. Punk and Emo far from one another :D. I probably be seeing eye to eye on much with someone very excited about the Dominion though ha!

Oh and to the first part, if someone has such a background and appeal to a said race, then great for them. There are threads where folks discuss why they picked their favorite race, but nothing compares to this one ha. If the Aurin don't meet her dreams, a cold bucket of despair will splash away the hype.

I can't say anyone competes with you here for enthusiasm and character likeability. I was hoping for the mystery exile race when all anyone knew was just a zombie/implant arm and hand with a coffin and alchemy relation. Now, the Mordesh are still my favorite for various reasons, none of which relate to being emo. Only disappointment is lack of Esper class...
  5. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I really love the Chua, and they're definitely my favourite race in Wildstar. They're funny, cool and remind me of my favourite race in the first MMORPG that I played longer than a few weeks (multiple years, in this case). But, I don't like the Dominion as a faction so I'll be playing Exiles, and maining a male Aurin. Because the Aurin are pretty damn cool too! Not as awesome as the Chua though. :p
  6. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Hooray! Another Aurin fan! And yes, a big deal sealer for me WAS the furry ears, the fluffy tails, and the "Protectors of Nature" Lore--that it's VERY well-written and matriarchal was a great bonus. Though one of my own Aurin (never can have one) is more of a bloodthirsty, shortsighted huntress than anything else, she is also an Esper, and a "Glass Cannon." If there is a skill that trades survivability for sheer, unadulterated psychic power, I WILL get it.

I'm also rather excited for the Draken, because I love me some feral races with badass horns. Their civilization is interesting to me in that they are still barbarians, but not necessarily stupid, just not inclined to higher, non-violent thinking. While still not warrior-poets by any stretch, it's nice to see a "WAR!" race that isn't totally unintelligent. Their religion is also fascinating, and I would love to see the shamanism at work.

Next to that would have to be the Mordesh. I love undead races, and even though the Mordesh aren't technically dead, they're close enough. L4D Infected aren't zombies, but what's the difference but a single technicality, really? Them being a fallen race that brought their own doom on themselves is an interesting twist, and the strange and mysterious ways they conduct themselves are fascinating beside. And, well, I find cybernetic dead people both cool sexy...

The Mechari are also on the list, but more for an aesthetic reason than anything else. ROBOTS!
  7. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

@The chua poster.

wrong thread and faction dude.

@everyone else.

omfg I cant wait to get my fluffy ears and tail and like do stuff XD
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you yourself asked
    so - Chua poster - "You can stay!"

also - #ChuaPounce #ChuaPride
  9. FranBunnyFFXII