1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Warhammer Online shutting down.

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Azzurri, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Warhammer gave a resounding eh...
    there was some good things about it but wasn't anything that made me want to stay past level 20

What if you're a paying customer but want to play as a Ork
  2. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

Hahahahahaa
  3. Narrack

Narrack Cupcake

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/landingArmy.jsp?catId=cat440175a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

Really anything on there in the Elites or HQ could easily be an upgrade for Ork players.

Though as i said this payment system their planning is almost certainly going to fail but..... if they do pull it off it would make it "feel" like your in the 40k universe for a change not just a re-skinned normal fps.
  4. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

Amen. When people speak of how hyped up the game was, that's 100% Barnett. He even claimed to love the lore, but when any of it contradicted what was easier to put into the game he spoke about it like it was absurd. Like saying the other 3 Chaos gods would be completely undoable as Khornites just kill things and are idiots, Nurgle's followers are also stupid and fat and slow, and the Slanneshi , surprse, are stupid and just have sex with things 100% of the time.

It makes me sad to see the game go, though. I had some good times in there. When they messed around with the starting areas i guess I saw it coming, all those years back.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  5. Smetny

Smetny New Cupcake

Seems everyone actually agrees on this. Tons of potential but terrible delivery. I don't regret that 1,5 year spent on it though. Closing was just a matter of time, to be honest I'm surprised it took that long.
  6. Laerune

Laerune New Cupcake

As everyone has already said on this thread, such a waste of ponential. The classes were fun to play as, I loved how the pets could grow and get armour as your character levels up. Public Quests and RvR was lots of fun, but other than that there was nothing going for this game.

I remember someone saying how those developers are terrible at their work and that they also did the PvP in SWTOR (no suprise there). Lets hope in 10 years or so we get a worthy Warhammer MMORPG.
  7. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Echoing the thoughts - so much potential .
    I really enjoyed the white lion class - I cant even remember its name now.
  8. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

I believe it was.. White Lion.
    MrDreadful likes this.
  9. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Ha!
  10. Bastille

Bastille Cupcake

The biggest thing I remember about that game was watching the trailer videos and seeing a badass dwarf with a red mohawk and two axes and thinking "I am going to play that class. It is going to be awesome."

Then the big day came and I logged in, went straight to the character creator, and started trying to find that class, full to bursting with excitement at getting to be an awesome dual wielding dwarf.

They didn't have it.

They didn't have the class that was shown in the freaking game trailer. I ended up playing for a week or two but there was no coming back from that. I quit as soon as I began. Still can't believe that... Talk about dropping the ball on Mythic's part. From what I understand, they did add that class at a later point but the damage was done.