1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Warparty Raiding

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Kurik, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

First off, let me just say that I love the Warparty feature being separate from guilds and the potential benefits it will provide for smaller guilds and communities for Warplots. :)

A few guild members were discussing Warparties earlier and we were wondering if it or a similar feature could translate over to something like Raiding. Something which would make organizing larger raids for smaller communities a little easier. I know there are many other topics that come up with this like loot drama and difficulty but I want to try and avoid that discussion for now.

How would you all feel about a Warparty like feature for those who need it, being used for Raiding?
  2. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I think it would be a great alliance type thing for the raids.
  3. Yushi

Yushi Cupcake

Warparties will rely heavily on an active social community. Imo it's something that has long been missing in MMO's. People tend to be more; me myself and I when it comes to the genre. Only to maybe spam LFG in the main hub to do a dungeon.

It will all depend on how socially interactive the game can be. If it is, warparties could be a great success. My first raiding guild did consist of 2 guilds joining up together (PK and TFO they were called).
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  4. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

it really would be nice if this fosters a server community. the factions know their fellow faction mates and with the help of a server forum with subsections (raiding, warplots etc.. ) it would be easier to find link minded people to group up with for the large scale endgame content.
    Kaldina and Kurik like this.
  5. Gravy

Gravy Cupcake

I agree, it seems like a very cool dynamic. Especially if this allows for more unique PvP scenarios. I'm interested to see what sort of customization is going to exist with the warplots that warparties control, and how the structure of the warparty itself is set up. It would be nice if they allowed for a wide range of play styles and roles within the organization.
  6. Lethality

Lethality "That" Cupcake

I just wonder if that would be one too many "formal" social structures for players to have to manage/be a part of.

And then at that point, what would the "guild" structure itself serve if you've got members off in their PvP groups and PvE groups, etc.

For the kind of raiding I personally hope to see, it would require more than a casual alliance to really be successful... that you'd be playing together so often that you may as well be in the same guild. I guess I'd consider raiding "guild" content, rather than group content -- not by size but complexity. Meaning it should require the tightest of tight and and most well-practice team to succeed!

Going back to vanilla WoW as an example though I can think of only one successful alliance of smaller guilds on our server, and by the time they cleared MC, they merged and formed a regular guild.

What kinds of services would this structure need to have? i.e. would there need to be a chat channel... a bank... etc?
    Alverad, Yakzan and Kurik like this.
  7. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I feel the same way about the type of raiding WildStar should have, I don't want it to necessarily be easier to succeed at but rather organizing for it. If there are tools to support the community with endgame PvP I think there could be something for other types of content as well.

For services I'm not sure because of not knowing how raid looting will work just yet, if anything some sort of chat channel and a roster would do wonders I think. Maybe instead of a Warparty like feature it could be a glorified chat channel with some raiding related functions, I guess this is where mods could come in. :)
  8. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Social media works along the lines of networking in interest groups, circles, hangouts, etc. and I can not see how it could not work similarly within a game.

I think MMORPGs would do good to adapt a small degree of the same, applied to the special needs a game would have, so it is not only one guild that make up the social structure for a character. I could see it matched up on account level rather than character in some cases.

Is there some link to official information about warparties? I must have missed it.
    Lethality likes this.
  9. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

There you go:
    Angier and SiegaPlays like this.
  10. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Thanks. Something along the lines of alternative networks/interest groups besides guilds does look promising, even if it turns out to only be guilds and warparties.
  11. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

This is awesome. I probably will be in my guild's warparty, but this is still something more games should do.

I would really encourage Carbine to create raidpartys (otherwise known as alliances) as well so that small guilds can have their small guild but still raid 40 man content (if they want to) within an organized in-game system.
  12. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

I personally think circles will fill that role just fine. And like Lethality, I agree that it would be just one too many.

If you really want to raid, find a guild. Whether hardcore or casual raiding, they will all be out there. IF you're in a smaller guild, nothing stops you forming an alliance with another smaller guild. We've done that in WoW when recruiting got tough. You really don't need any tools for it, though WS already has them in forms of circles.
    Kurik likes this.
  13. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Agreed, I actually started this thread before circles were revealed so it's a little outdated. :p
    Alverad likes this.
  14. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, we have circles which will do the job. I really like the idea of circles as I'd like to stay in touch with a few friends and also play with my guild.
    Angier and Classix like this.
  15. Classix

Classix Cupcake

Exactly what I plan to do.
  16. shadowreaver

shadowreaver New Cupcake

they sould definitely implement some sort of function to let guilds find eachother to do raid content together. I have been in guild in previous games where we were just too small to be able to do the raids, it would bring the endgame to more players. And as mentioned before, addons might help in this regard.
  17. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Circles will serve that purpose great I think:)