1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Warplots as Guild Houses?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Jeuraud, May 6, 2013.

1. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

I was having a side discussion in

[edit] another thread where Jeremy made this comment.
    that generated another question, that I thought deserved it's own thread. [/edit]

My question is; why can’t a Guild purchase a Warplot; continue to build it up, do whatever you do when not in a Warparty, and never form a Warparty?

Note; The Warparty is the time when the 40pvp members that are going to war with another Warplot; go to war with another Warplot.
    [edit]Extatica has confirmed that there are 20vrs20 Warplots. [/edit]

From what I understand Warplots are expensive undertakings (Both in in-game coin and time.). This is going to take some type of organized structure (Guilds); I do not believe a random group of people are going to be willing to put in the time and coin to purchase and build up a Warplot.

The Warparty activity does not include the time that the Warplot is being built up; which includes the time Raiders spend procuring a Raid Boss, and Soloers pick up whatever Soloers can pick up for a Warplot. The Warparty might, or might not include those Raiders and Soloers, but those Raider and Soloers will still be part of the organization (Guild) that purchased the Warplot (I can’t see the Devs allowing them to be mercenaries, and just sell these items to the Warplot; but that would definitely make things interesting.).

So what do you think; should a Guild be able to purchase, develop, and use a Warplot, and never take it to war?
    Alverad likes this.
  2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Umm depends. I would assume warplots have completely different functionality than housing does and I see guild houses more as an extension of housing.
    In wow terms, I see warplots as av , but I see guild housing as dalaran, if I was going to pick the biggest end of the spectrum of both. Different plug ins available and different vendors , different layouts etc.

But if we could have warplots in addition to guild housing and never have to take it to war, I could see rp guilds at least having both!
    Im hoping we can set up matches as well, so guilds can schedule vs fights on each others plots.
  3. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

No. The point of a Warplot is to go to war over said plot. I'd rather they implement guild halls at some point.
    BlindSear likes this.
  4. Cocochinese

Cocochinese New Cupcake

I think it would be nice to be able to create warplots and never have to have them fight. If that were the case, I see it as an opportunity to take the best aspects of housing (i.e. almost unbridled creation), and enjoy that with some of your friends in-game and perhaps real life. If having a plot that never has to fight is not possible, may there could be an option for a temporary or permanent instanced version that only your guild members could see? This would allow you and your friends to test the limits of your creativity but also allow those groups who want to create the best warplots to test different set ups as well. Having a "practice" field so to speak may eliminate of the randomness or "oh wow" factor of warpartying, but I think it would facilitate some extra creativity from groups of people and allow die-hard pvpers the chance to work on strategies for fighting as well.

edit: I kind of went off topic I believe, but I thought about your idea of having almost separate warplots and just started ranting! :p
  5. Bainik

Bainik Cupcake-About-Town

I really hope they implement proper guild housing, that said I think it'd be rather silly to prevent guilds from using warplots as a sort of guild house #2. For instance turning it into a raid boss zoo would be sorta awesome...
  6. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Actually for guild housing, I would love to see members of a guild able to anchor their houses close to each other and then build a communal structure with funds and time - some of kind of big mansion!
    BlindSear, Patrician, Kurik and 2 others like this.
  7. Cocochinese

Cocochinese New Cupcake

Oh man that would be awesome. I remember from some housing video way back showing off those platforms that let you jump super high, imagine having those on all the houses and just catapaulting around your warplot. Guess I know what I would be doing if this was ever implemented haha
  8. Bulk

Bulk New Cupcake

Hell yes to the permanent guild hall/warplot idea but put some pve options in there too. The zoo idea is cool or maybe summon weekly raid bosses based on how far along your plot is.
  9. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Seeing that most tools are already in game, I'd imagine it's something Carbine may seriously consider at some point, so yes, I'd love to see guild halls, whether based on Warplots or dedicated. Not fussed about it at launch as the game already has so many features it's mind blowing, but definitely at some point in time: patch/xpac :p
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Was this the Guild lodge thread? :D

BTW first of all let's begin with saying, where did you read that a GM of a guild can't also make a warparty with the same name?

For Example:
    i make my own guild named N.O.
    I make a Warparty with the name N.O. (if you can't have same name i name it N.E.O.)

I invite every guild member in the warparty aswell, since people can join both.

Then we decided if we gonna use the warplot to fight (active PvP), or just use it for a more ''show-off'' function as to where we can put some raid bosses at display for the other guildies/warparty members.

In my eye's this is just about the same as you just said in your own post.

Also if you just want something to show-off things, for example you just want to be able to be in a warparty alone and have another warparty as a guild for the raid boss show-offs. Then what is the use anyway? We probably get trophies already for your own house, who knows mayby we can have raid bosses as little pets (they shrink in size), for a ''zoo-plug in''?

We don't know enough to be able to say it can't be done, or even if it could be done does it have any value to it?

And again i ask you ''where did you read it?'', as for me i thought Warparties are just like PvP guilds.

I don't think the ''warparty'' is when you go to ''war'', i think it's the name of the ''organisation'' behind a warplot, in this case it's just something like a Guild is the organisation behind a raid.

So please either come up with scources as where you read this, because if i'm wrong i would gladly admit it, if you can present evidence.

IF you can't......well didn't i just stated above a GM can kinda do what you want them to do already? MAby not exactly like you want but you can have the same results.

Edit: Also please note Warparty PvP is NOT only 40v40 but also 20v20!
  11. Lethality

Lethality "That" Cupcake

I thought they've only said 40... Where did you read it? ;)

Anyway, that alone may be the reason why Warplots couldn't be available from a practical (or maybe even technical) sense. Larger guilds couldn't use 'em.

However, I must say it would be really cool to put your actual "guild house" on the line in battle with another guild!
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Oh God....now i have a rewatch all the video's i've seen so far in order to get the right link :eek:

I hate you :p hahaha (and yes i have to get the link now...)

Edit:
    Link to the video
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

At 29:00 he says ''you can either make a 40v40 or a 20v20 PvP map with a warplot''

Video start 5 seconds before he says it!
  14. Jeuraud

No it was the Jeremy Gaffney posts on Elder Game content 5/5/2013 thread. I had no interest in Guilds until Jeremy made this comment
    in his post that was ported to the above thread. Before this statement, as a Soloer I had no interest in guilds, so I was not following any guild threads.

I forgot to add the quote and the thread that generated my question in my original post and I will do so.
  15. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Since a Warplot can be destroyed and the guidl leader could just gather money to build a big "housing" house and make it available for the guild, why even ask?

Warplots are customizable PvP Arenas of which you can build 50%, complete with a raidboss. (Yeah. I love that part as a PvE player who'd like to play pvp, too with this new game.) Not more, not less. They are limited to 40 people which, again, could kill the whole guild house idea as soon as you have more than 40 people on at the same time or even 20, depending on the mode you chose.

...I don't see what you're trying to talk about here.

If its guild housing at itself: As I said - Build a normal house and make it available to your guild only. Would sacrifice a character's house, but why not make an alt/twink and just let him run the guildhouse?

Just an idea.
  16. Jeuraud

A Warplot can only be destroyed if you take it to war. I’ve read nothing that states you have to take it to war.

I thought Jeremy’s statement might mean that a Warplot is more than what you are saying it is here. If you have actual Dev info that backs up what you are saying; quote/link it.
  17. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Well that's what I understood and I don't really thing we can hang around in our warplot and can just buy stuff for it outside of the fights themselves.

If so, that'd be neat.
  18. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

As someone else mentioned in another thread, guild halls would be great. I think it would take them some time to get it fully implemented, but hopefully by the first expansion we'll see them.
  19. Eldryth

Eldryth Cupcake

As someone who always wants to see player and guild housing, I always saw Warplots as a form of guild hall, even if they don't have amenities. Having it as your base of operations is what makes it worth defending, to me. Personally, separating the systems makes the Warplot seem less important. As long as we can hang out there between battles and set our own decorations in addition to defenses, Warplots will be enough.
  20. Sevvy

Sevvy Cupcake-About-Town

I knew I heard that somewhere. I've had like 5 people tell me to stop spreading falsehoods about 20v20 Warplots. :D
    Rumze likes this.