1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Warplots as Guild Houses?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Jeuraud, May 6, 2013.

1. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I would love to see this happen. :)
  2. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Could it perhaps be... a... Maniac Mansion?
  3. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

The same here; that is why I added it to my original post when Exatica was able to confirm it through a video with a Dev.
  4. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

I'd love to have the warplots as our guild halls, but keep them open to attack. That was the main thing I liked about Shadowbane.

Guilds could build their own cities complete with vendors, training halls, defenses, etc. But they could also be attacked.

It was fun.
  5. H.E.L.P.eR

H.E.L.P.eR Cupcake

I dont like warplots serving as a guild hall for 2 reasons.

If I'm new to the guild, a large guild, and I contribute what little free time I have to gathering resources to making our guild hall bad ass, I'll feel involved and happy. But as a casual gamer who doesnt have the time to devote 8 hours a week to the warplot, and there are at least 40 other people who do, I'd be pissed off if I wasnt invited to the Warplot battle, and I could see THEM being pissed off if I was.

The second reason just has to do with purpose. I like how warplots serves a purpose; war. I like how the guild hall would serve a purpose; a social gathering.
    Mudfin likes this.
  6. Sol

Sol Cupcake-About-Town

This is a great idea. That way the actual world changes and considering housing is in the air this would enable a changing world without actually affecting what happens below; until open world pvp comes into play and we have war up above for the land down below and vice versa =)
  7. Jeuraud

Sigh!; you have 8760hrs per year to allocate however you choose, just as everybody else has. Your hours have no more importance to the verse than mine do.

Now that I have gotten that off of my chest… again; what are your PvP qualifications for being involved in a Warparty? Are you an open world PvPr, or do you have experience in BG or Arena PvP?

A Warplot battle is essentially A League PvP. You just don’t walk into an A league team and say “Hi guys, I’m ready to play.”, and expect to be put on the team, otherwise be put out on the field (Warparty), just because you help out with the ballpark now and then.

Also this is an established Guild; you should have known going in what the requirements for being involved with a Warparty were. Now if you had BG3 gear which is the equivalent of WP1 gear and still did not get invited then you definitely have a reason to complain. For some reason I doubt that this would be true.

See I can see a Warplot doing both. I can see me checking out the Boss the Raiders just brought in, or the gun emplacements I contributed as a Soloer. I can see myself watching a Warplot battle, and yeah-ing when my guns blasted some of our foe, or cussing when one of my guns gets blown up. I can see me jumping up and down when my team releases the Boss on the enemy. I can then see me going into the Warplot after the battle and seeing the damage first hand; seeing my blown up gun emplacements and seeing the empty Boss cage (depending on whether they are one shot or not), and giving the Raiders (that are standing around the empty cage) a hard time about having to replace the Boss; and them giving me a hard time about my gun emplacements getting blown up, requiring the Warparty to release the Boss, or loose the match.

Note; in my scenario I was not involved with the PvP at all, but the Warparty team was my team; not just as a spectator, but as part of the team. Now maybe it's easy for me to see this scenerio becasue I was an Aviation Electrician in the Navy. I'm one of those that fixed the birds; that allowed the brain dead Os to to go into harms way.

I had fun just imagining the scenario; especially being we won :D .
  8. H.E.L.P.eR

H.E.L.P.eR Cupcake

These are some good points, except the time one. You make it out to be like a job, and every job I've had, they definetly give more perks to those who can contribute more. Plus if I need experience to get the job, but need the job to get the experience... what's a newbie to do (this will be my first MMO).

Probably not going to join those guilds. "Here at Guild Globo-Gym, we're better than you, and we know it :D "

Find myself an Average Joe's guild.

I also have issue with contributing and watching my team completly botch the match. Might cause some bad blood within the guild. Newbies sitting on the sidelines match after match, watching the starting pitcher slowly loose his edge time after time. Although...

I wonder if they could/will allow subs? That would be interesting. Add a depth of stragety. Get 1 sub every X minutes, with a grand total of X per match. Give newbies a taste of the Warplots experience if your team has it in the bag. Or if a veteran is sitting one out for a newbie, he can sub in if they desperately need that experience.

Thoughts?
  9. Jeuraud

Play in the Battleground or/and Arena. Acquire R1 BG gear at a minimum (This would be a minimum requirement for me.); this would let your guild know that you have some experience in group PvP, and that your serious about joining the Warparty. If you continue to do these, and they still will not put you on the Warparty; find another guild.

I consider the Warplot, A League PvP; and from my experience A league play is highly competitive, I doubt that the Warparties would allow themselves to lose because of politics. Also the players on the field generally have nothing to do with the maintenance of the field; that is not so with a Warplot.

I like this but the rookie would still be required to have acquired R1 BG gear.
  10. H.E.L.P.eR

H.E.L.P.eR Cupcake

Again, I do not see the fun in joining Guild Globo-Gym. It's a game. I shouldn't need a minimum level of fun before I'm able to join your guild. I have more important obligations than this. I hope multiple leagues exist because if this is made for only the top 1% of the 1%, Carbine probably wont take the time fixing balancing issues, and I dont have the time to convince myself I'm having fun.

Do you know if any member can contribute to the Warplot? I haven't seen any info on that. I know players CAN contribute but is it a vote system, or can anyone plant a spike trap where a Raid Boss should go?

You really lose a lot of strong, yet casual players, with this mentality. But I guess that is your choice. The guy in the softball league doesn't make the diving catch because he hopes a talent scout is in the stands; he does it because he loves the game and wants to win. VS the professional who won't make that diving catch because if he misses it will go against his record, and he might hurt his arm.

I dunno. People who yell at other people for standing in the wrong place at the wrong time in a game seem off balanced, and all this convo did was reassure me to not join your guild.

In fact it puts me off of large guilds all together considering your "qualifications" and such. I hope they all aren't like this, but I'm a little less excited for this game now knowing the Job Application process I'll have to go through to play friggin' Warplots.

Thanks, I guess.
  11. Jeuraud

My response was not about joining a guild; it was about getting on the Warparty of a Guild that has a Warplot. I voiced in the post you originally replied to, how I saw such a guild working.

Remove this from your argument; we all have the exact same amount of time, and that time is important to… I would say all of us, but this is the Internet, and someone would reply that this was not true for them, so I guess… most of us; so it adds nothing to your argument… other than the impression that you think your time is more important than my time (Which it is… to you.).

There are ELO levels in all of W* PvP Instances, so there will be various levels of Warplots; that being said I would be surprised if there are various “Leagues” of Warplots. From what I’ve read Warplots are going to be expensive in both time and materials, just to initiate the Warplot; add acquiring and adding plugs to the formula; and a Warplot is probably going to be the most commitment intensive activity in W* (Once you've leveled to cap.).

I’m going to be frank; from my experience there are no Strong Casual players at this level of play. There are Strong Quiet players, lots of them, but that is not the same thing. To play at the "A" level takes dedication and practice; talent helps a lot, but in my opinion dedication and practice are more important. Dedication and Practice are not Casual words.
  12. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Hell I was one of them. He must've mispoke ;)