1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Warrior or stalker

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by ofirkr, Jun 9, 2013.

1. ofirkr

ofirkr New Cupcake

Warrior or stalker what do you think is more fun to play?
    What do you think is the best race with warrior and the best race with stalker?
  2. Aari

Aari Cupcake-About-Town

It's hard for others to answer what will be the most fun for you to play. It's completly based on your own likings.
    I also don't think (or hope) there will be a best race for a specific class.
    From just the looks im all for Aurin/Draken Stalker and a Granok/Mechari warrior.
  3. Cartographer

Cartographer Cupcake-About-Town

Well, given two races are still unannounced...

Play the one that you like the look of the best and try both classes and see which suits you best.
    This isn't going to be like WoW, where everything is fed you on a plate (I hope), you'll have to learn these things yourself. Plus, it'll be down to which one you play better as BiS gear is statistically impossible to obtain beyond one, maybe two slots, your "style" of play will heavily influence your performance.
  4. Zwipe

Zwipe Cupcake

Personally, I am goin to play an Aurin Stalker because:

1. Almost of my mains in other games were agility/dexterity based.
    2. I've played Horde and Empire in their respective games, and want to try something different this time.
    3. I actually convinced my GF to play, and she wants to be an Aurin ( real reason, lol)

Notice that these are all based on personal reasons and have nothing to do with the gameplay itself. I'm pretty sure the races in this game have no stat bonuses, and if so it would be so insignificant min-maxing all they way to racials would be pointless.

Play what you want, and see what you like best. Remember the BEST class for YOU is ALWAYS the one you like to play the most. ;]
  5. Cartographer

Cartographer Cupcake-About-Town

My GF says she'll be playing an Aurin too :(
    Looks like we'll be rolling a PvP server so my Mechari can hunt her down.
    Zwipe likes this.
  6. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

I don't know if there is going to be racials or not but I'd just plan on picking the race you like the most at the moment.

As for warrior and stalker I imagine warrior is more headfirst confrontation swinging swords and such beating people to death lol, where as stalker is probably more tactical and about movement, though I'm pretty much just basing that around common stereotypes lol, of the warrior and rogueish type classes.

So whichever is more appealing to you. ^^ If you are looking for the best or something along those lines lol NDA is still going on very strong so you won't really get any information like that.
  7. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

Jeremy stated in one of the Q&As that they were implementing racials in a clever way. There will not be % bonuses or anything like that that favors one class over another. Apparently there is some kind of point spending system in the game, similar to GW2 skill points mixed with a talent tree, and as you go down this "talent tree" and spend your points, things that reflect your race more will be cheaper. For example a Granok will be able to get melee dps/tank skills for cheaper, or aurins might get healing skills and etc cheaper. I don't know if anyone knows what this system is as I haven't heard much about it, but it sounds cool. This way picking a race/class combo will merely be effective for leveling, rather than min/maxing end game content, AND your choice still feels meaningful.

As for OP, like they are saying, you have to do what you want. Personally in your shoes I would pick my race first, and once that is figured out pick the class you think fits better with that race. Also, anyone who is indecisive should be trying out all the classes at the start of the game anyway, it's not like your choice now HAS to be used.
    kanochi likes this.
  8. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

Ah that is very neat, I haven't followed much of the Q&A lol just started following Wildstar to a serious extent a week ago, lol always knew I was going to get it when it came out but didn't want to get myself to hyped up for it then have to wait forever.

I guess I will have to look more into the races as time goes on aswell and decide if it's really the best for my class. >.<
  9. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

Lol, well, here is the actual post from him:

We have a very clever solution to this that unfortunately isn't in the patch notes :(

Actually I mentioned this in public but never saw it picked up: The costs of things in the Elder Advancement system (to be revealed later) is influenced by your race choice. So stuff you'd think would be natural to the Granok is much cheaper, requiring less elder advancement, while stuff you'd associate with, well, smarter races is more expensive.

This way you can't permanently gimp yourself by a choice you made when you had the lowest information you'll ever have in the game (creating your first character) - but you can set yourself up with a little more work required for PvP or elder PvE optimality.

He says it better than me, and also sorry for being offtopic-ish.
  10. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

the best race combo will be the one you fell "dude , that's my character". for me its the mechari

and the more fun class... well that's depends , if you love be a Space Ninja, Stalker else be a big warrior with a great sword smashing things
  11. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

I suppose it depends on the preferred play-style. While I've always loved the idea of the 2 handed 'smash your face' type of melee combat, others may prefer a more quick hitting 'stealthy' ninja-like style.

As far as class/race combo's I think the Draken Stalker is quickly becoming an iconic combination. Looking at the Draken, it almost looks like they don't even need to equip claw weapons to slice stuff up. Aurin Esper, Human Spellslinger, Granok Warrior also come to mind as iconic combinations. Of course, this is probably because that's what I saw in the trailer.