1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

weaveism.....or weavianity....whatever!!!!!!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!, Aug 16, 2013.

1. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

im creating this thread for specultion on the aurins religion

they worship the "weave", not much is known at this point but there is a clue:

"many threads, one tapestry"

and also it says the matrias(female leaders of the family) can communicate with the weave in unexplained ways

i think this is pretty cool so far but what do you think it could be?:)
    Extatica likes this.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Mayby it's like in the ''AVATAR'' movie (with those big blue smurfs).

Where the females can communicate with the ''collective mind'' of all the Aurins who have passed away, to get the wisdom of their ancestors. Kinda like a ''Tree of Thoughts''. So still different then from the movie, but I think the idea could fit.

Or it's just some super natural being, some sort of God that gives answers?

Or they just talk to the tree spirits themselves? A bit like how the Wisps would be the ''tree-spirits'' in WoW.

Thinking of the word ''weave'' I can't help but see this in front of me:
    [​IMG]
  3. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

Their "religion" I would hope wouldn't be something of a familiarity. I would assume a naturistic society type like the lon femina or norn would "worship" the spirits of nature.
    It all depends on whats physically capable in their universe.
    "many threads, one tapestry" that sounds very much like Hinduism, or maybe a bit like native tribal beleifs in the north Americas, and in the aboriginal cultures.

I wouldnt quote it as "religion" if its soemthing thats actually permeable within their universe.

Also this is stacking Aurin up to be a matriarchal race, which is something I haven't seen really before. Well outside of the all female races... Castanics were fairly matriarchal as well.
    that's rather interesting.

@the person saying "AVATAR" the Na'vi's beleifs where in the planet itself Eywa was based on the living nature around them. The fact that the trees were acutally communicating around the planet for them and the life forms around them.
  4. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

I have a strong feeling its like the force. Or at least the original explanation of the force before George Lucas let a bunch of dark side fan-boys wright all those books. The force was a field of energy that connected all living things and it was vary much alive.

I have a feeling that the Weave is a simuler if not identical concept.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Draken worshiped the Weave as well under a different name and honor it in their own way.

It could however be the consciousness of the universe, The psychic field of all living things combined into one (Ok not vary different from my original idea but hay). However with that line.

"many threads, one tapestry"

I suspect it wont be too far off from this idea.
  5. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

Religions are based on faith. Especially ones based on monotheism or texts. Its not a "close minded" way to approach religion because in our universe "god" isn't an existing factor. No matter how many people believe in such a figure it doesn't actually exist. Its looking at the objectively.
    The "weave" for the aurin, or Spirits for the Norn, Goddesses for the Lon femina, Ewya for the Na'vi, ect ect, using references here so hear me out, is an existing entity.

Or as you said The Force for the Jedi/Sith. These religious ideas aren't like the ones we find on earth, they are reflections of something that exists in their physical detectable world. Most of the ideas of naturistic religions were always based on something that was hinted at by the universe itself, be it a real life existing entity, in a fictional story or a real life scenario. Quite significantly different from the ideas of a monotheistic religion which would be very very different from the description of native cultures.
    For the Aurin this appears to be an entity like Ewya for the Na'vi, an actual living entity that guides their lives. These ideas aren't new, but are always fascinating.
  6. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

so could this lead up to a preist like class for the weave in expansions
  7. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

Well think about it.
    Why are you a Christian?
    Why is that set of facts offensive?

Reiglion is a personally attributed idea, its not something that's concrete or necessary.
    If what I said offends you then you might want to looking your belief system and ask why. "Why does my belief system not coincide with the actual behavior of the universe?"
    I'm not trying to offend you, but yet you are? Its up to you to really understand why belief systems are usually done in error and why monothesistic religions are deriritives of usually something much older.

Lets give you an example for the sake of discussion.
    I'm a decendant of the 18th Dynasty of Egypt. Most people when they think of Egypt think of Pyramids and Pharoahs which for the most part are significant in Egyptian cultures. However many people hear that I say im Egyptian and ask "so what are Arabic?" Most people fail to realize that that culture is no longer around to this day and the decedants are spread out across the world.
    For me its very interesting to look back at Egyptian religions with fascination because I'm distinctly related to it.
    Do you believe in their gods? Do you believe in Horus? Did you know that Horus is a Solar Messiah figure exactly the same as Jesus? did you know that Christ isn't even a name but actually a title?
    I'm not asking for answers to these questions, but you should bring this as a point to yourself. If you don't believe in an Egyptian god, ask yourself why, investigate why. You might find that the answers are very interesting to ponder about.

Lets bring this back to the Aurin though. These are peoples inspired by native and their religious ideology is that of something that actually exists. Its something they can actually feel and communicate with.
    It's something physically relevant to them. In their world their universe, They very well are aware of diety within their relm of existence.
    That's such a far cry different from monotheism of today which people only have a traditional reference and a book which is vastly inconsistent and contains many "instructions" that we as a society, at least in the Americas and Euro contries as well as many other places around the world certainly don't agree with.
    A common religion amoung our planet isn't anything like whats being suggested for the Aurin and their belief in the "weave."

Stuff like this is very interesting and fascinating to think about, it brings in the philisophy of things and life for us and what it means to these fictional creatures.

I'm an Anti-Theist, and I've been thinking about these kinds of things lightly over the years.
    My norn for example, she believes in sprits but these gods/spirits are most certainly existant in her world. theirs proof and events that allow for these things to be idolized and worshipped.
    For me, her view of the world goes against almost everything I really know and strive for, but even if I don't like it persay, I'd be completely wrong to act like she'd not believe in such things.

Her physical reality is that spirits and gods do exist, and they do have some sort of affect on her life. Shes well with in the right to believe and worship these beings because they actually exist.

I think that's bloody fascinating and amazing.
    Because from my understanding and education, religion and spirits are nothing more than fiction and fairytales, which is so different from her world.
    That is an incredible thought, don't you think?
  8. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

As a scientist, a student of anthropology and theoretical physics, I ask you to prove it.
    the difference between us and them, is that their gods do exist, their entities of worship and deity are actually existiant in their world.

Ours are not. As someone who studies religion, you should know better than to hold to an idea of "god" when you should know full well that the word changes is meaning based on culture and time period.

Someone can say "god did this" and I can prove "no he didn't"
    Example: Did god make humans? No, humans evolved over the past 13+million years from African ancestors.

the list can go on and on.

Its a dream.

What they do and believe in is testable. You can prick someones finger in their universe to check their mediclorean count. The force is an actual exiting thing in their universe. However

Regaurdless of how "personal" you feel about something, with no evidence there is no fact, no proof means no validity. Personal experiences and perceptions are not data, they are just that, perceptions.

No matter how many times you add it up 1+1=2, and it will only ever be 2. that is a fact of the universe in its most simplest form.
    Hydrogen fuses into helium, these giant furnaces collapse and create massive amounts of new atoms that spread through out galaxies, these atoms coalese into the compounds we see that turn into smaller more stable stars, and planets. And eventually for earth biology happened, and now here we are.
    Was god involved? Not even in the slightest.

I've spend my life time, from the time I was a small child to this day, I studied the universe with great fascination. Stars, Planets, Galaxies, quasars, black holes, Atoms, Quarks, Strings, and the expanse of time itself...
    I can tell you that no god ever had a hand in anything that was of our existence on this planet or any part of the universe we live in.

So how can you tell me that god exists? How can you tell me anything that "God" has done, when i know full well the longstanding history of religion(due to my anthropology studies) and i know for a fact the history of the universe as it leads up to us and our daily lives(due to my Theoretical physics and cosmology studies).
    Where does god come on? Mearly as a fiction story that many people aren't ready to let go of.

The facts of the universe are so much more grand than the fairytales of human religions. The universe is so much more beautiful and fascinating than you can imagine if you place yourself in a religious box.
  9. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

Psychosis or a psychologically self enduced state of mind.

You cant use religious ideas to prove religious ideas.
    Apostate likes this.
  10. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

No... that's not what that means...

An anti-theist is a person who is a proactive atheist who use their knowledge and education to help educated further the rest of the world and is willing to teach the opposition of "god."
    An anti-theist isn't intolerant of anyone. One of my best friends believes in god, and i don't shame her for it, i don't shame anyone for it.
    I simply explain the facts of the universe and help others to learn.

11. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

Yes are.
    Ever hear of the placebo affect?

Infact the major form of music i listen to pulls upon the idea of self induced states caused by music.
    People do this all the time, Ever feel awesome cause of a song? Ever feel spiritual or powerful because of a song? That's you doing that to yourself.
    people such as myself use psychedelic trance to help induced the feelings of euphoria, disassociation, paranoia, psychosis, fear, rage, and whatever the music is tuned to by feeling.
    Self enduced affects are pretty common amoung humans.
  12. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

Care to link something with evidence and testable results?
  13. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

Lets all just agree to disagree here. Neither side can validly prove their point. It doesn't take a precog to see this descend into a meaningless mass of ignorant hate speech, on both sides. Ive seen it all before Athiest insults Christian christian tries to make a point, Atheist ignores every word christian said and insults christian, and vica, virca, vica. Would have been nice to have a civil conversation about a fictional religion, but I should have known this would happen it always happens someones always got to make some stupid remark about someone else's beliefs and try and force them into a corner. As a student of Theology and Philosophy I have experienced this so many times I cant count it anymore. As a Lover of Wisdom I can only beseech your better natures to set aside any hurt or hateful feelings and set aside this squabble for the simple love of one another and this thing that has brought us together.

I will begin by deleting all of my previous posts on this subject in the spirit of forgiveness. Id ask both of you to do the same.
  14. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

your absolutely right we should stop and let her make her own statements and beliefs

ok anyway i think the aurin have a pretty cool system in there scociety:D
  15. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

I already looked it up, and the only "evidence" is a neurostudy of it done in 2011. And no the results do not prove anything of a supernatural force driving it, but it does prove that its a self conscious behavior.

no evidence of an outside force driving this behavior. its proved to be self consciously aware.
    Nothing more.
    I have validly proved my point. Repeatedly.
    With proof, with citation, with evidence.
  16. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

I would agree, If our theory so far is indeed true, however all we have so far is little more than speculation based off a single quote. No belief system is so shallow even fictitious ones. I would love to learn more if at all possible the subject as always fascinates me a great deal. I would also like to learn more about Cassian Eldan worship.
  17. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

yeah ive been wondering obout something else too......the first aurin queens name is ferin treespeeker, was she the first one to speak with the trees?
  18. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

With that name I wouldn't doubt it however it might be interesting if she had been part of some Priest or Shaman cast before becoming Qween.

I'm sorry this was just bothering me. I don't believe in the modern interpretation of tongues. Mainly because the bible gives a completely different definition. It is in fact the Miracle in which a man speaks and all can understand for they hear his words in their native tongue. Thus the term Tongues referring to the fact that the speaker is speaking in many tongues. Sorry my mental issues would not let me go on without having said that. i'll delete this part once you've seen it Aurin.
  19. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

she was probably the first to speak to the mother tree and they crowned her queen............and the whole multiple consort thing the queens have.........i think its to better the chances of having a daughter from one of them
  20. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I Couldn't care less about how everything is called :roflamo: Since it doesn't anything to this usbject now does it?

It was just to provide some ''visual'' for some people who wouldn't understand what I meant trough ''collective mind of deceased ancestors''.

Have you died already?
    Then I ask you, how do you know for 100% sure that there isn't something in our universe?

Ask those people that ''see'' spirits, they will tell you that it DOES excist. Just because you can't see/perceive it doesn't mean it isn't there.

I myself believe in only myself, and I think there is nothing in the afterlife or any thing like a ''God''. But at the same time I agree that I can't say with 100% untill I died.

Just saying these things......you come across a bit cocky....as a non-believer (seeing your texts I think you are a non-believer), I would've expected at least some decensy or atleast you agreeing that you can't say for 100% sure.