1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

weaveism.....or weavianity....whatever!!!!!!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

Kind-of the reverse of a ancient kings and their many wives. However I kindof fail to see how having alot of husbands is going to help a woman produce more children she can only have one (Or one litter) at a time. While in reverse with many wives multiple could be pregnant at once.
  2. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

well its probably like get pregnant, have a son, make him a prince. then get pregnant again have a daughter celebrate and crown her to be the next queen. thats how i see it;)
  3. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

Sorry but i can say 100% sure.
    Infact the more and more i think about it and what i have studied the less and less i feel like people actually believe in this "god" stuff.
    I've never found any reason at all to think that there is a possibility. That's the problem i face with saying "i can't be 100% sure there isn't a god"
    because im 100% certain there isn't, because I've never once seen a single piece of evidence that points to the existence of a diety.

Savvy?

I can't perceive photons, but we sure as hell can test for them. I can't feel quarks but we know what they are. We can't even experience dark matter but we know its there.
    the idea that i realy on perceiving something is flawed. if it cant be observed, its a philosophy, and idea.

I'm 100% certain there isn't a god, goddess, gods, karma, ethereal force, spirits, ect ect ect. whatever its called.
    Apostate likes this.
  4. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

I was mearly stating having multiple husbands isn't going to help her do that any faster. :eek: Unless, :cautious: Seahorses anyone?
  5. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

:eek: noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

Biologically speaking... LOL you're right...

seahorses... that's a weird suggestion...
  7. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

mabie their gesgation period is shorter than us.........after all their aliens
  8. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

Whether or not a person assigns any credibility to religions IRL, the fact of the matter is that a fictional religion that calls upon real powers (within the context of the fictional setting, obviously)is still a religion. It's just one of those aspects of fiction that makes imaginary life more interesting.

Anyways, it sounds like they practice a kind of monistic animism. Which is pretty standard fare for indigenous, nature-loving types as FranBunny pointed out earlier in the thread. Everything has a spirit, everything is part of a greater whole, etc.

Do we know if the matriarchs are chosen in a hereditary or "spiritual" way? If the business of selecting the next queen is some mystical process that isn't concerned with royal pedigree, then there's no reproductive expectations on the part of the ruling matriarch. If it's by blood... I hope they have some way of getting the right child on the first pregnancy.
  9. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

Still one male is all that is necessary to produce offspring at the most efficient rate. The only way having multiple husbands is going to help is... :cautious: Seahorses.

However I have only read that the Queen has a consort this does not necessarily imply multiple mates. Only that her mate is not King and therefor not her equal. Queen Elizabeth had A consort. he was a slimy little <Redacted> but thats not the point. She only had one she was only married to one man and he was her consort, why? Because she didn't want him to have any political power so whene she married him she did not make him King. However I might have missed somthing saying she had multiple consorts.
  10. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

Something could be said here about breeding like catbunnies. Not a very regal image, but... whatever gets the job done, I suppose.
  11. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

yeah it said her "first consort" meaning it could be multiple ones
  12. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

Well than we have only one logical conclusion to make... :cautious:Seahorses.
  13. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

:eek: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

Yes, I know how you feel.:cry: Just let it all out, and remember you did it for the <Redacted>.

LOL does anyone else just type out redacted, like me?
  15. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

i really hope they arent seahorses..........please, please, please:notworthy:!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

Like it really matters. I'm not THAT into role-playing lol.
  17. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

If wonder if when Carbine was creating the backstory for the aurins and the "Weave" if they took into account the difference between a 'religion' and a 'philosophy'. Such as religion being defined as accepting the existence of a deity rather it's God or The Almighty Pink Rabbit. Philosophy being close to a set of cultural beliefs such as the idea that putting small children on stakes is a bad thing, but it doesn't have a deity involved. Kind of like how some people identify themselves as spiritual, but not religious. Maybe the "Weave" is a mix of both? Though I'm not sure how that would work.
  18. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

Religions are philosophies though not all philosophies are religions. Is that what you mean? Thou in reality its not so mach as that religions are philosophies as that religions promote certain philosophies. I suspect the Aurins belief in the Weave is a Religion as the Weave is likely supernatural. However this belief is likely tied to different Aurin Philosophies like "Every life on this planet is precious, Except that one".
  19. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

:roflamo:
    Have you read your own post?
    But thanks for giving me such a comic piece to read :up: I think i've never seen so much ''I'' in posts about this subject before :D Says more about you then the subject itself doesn't it?
  20. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Guys, please try to keep this in-game religion discussion to the in-game religion itself, not real world religions and theology as it only leads to madness, as multiple posts in this thread has shown. If you cannot keep the thread on a civil note and on topic, I will be forced to lock the thread. Please keep this in mind with future replies. </Mod Monocle>