1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Website and Search

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Convicted, May 1, 2013.

1. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I had 2 questions that I looked around for and didn't see.

1. Is the search function useable, as in, has it worked for you in locating previous topics
    or subjects. I tried a few word combinations and phrases but the results were either zero or
    a few threads that were different than the subject I was looking for, so I was just curious
    what the general experience has been for people.

2. Is this website/forum the "main" one used for information and interaction with people involved,
    or is there a certain one? I'm wondering because I see a few replies here from devs, so I was curious if this site has a similar relationship to how MMO Champ is the "main" site for wow, other than official forums. ( I hope I am describing what I mean properly :cautious: )
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

The search function should be fine - I've used it myself for finding old WildStar Wednesday's, etc. but if you're having issues then try a Google search with a prefix of site:wildstar-central.com as we're fully indexed by Google.

Carbine do maintain a presence across multiple fansites - you'll find them popping up on the WildStar Subreddit and the occasional other site as well (for instance on SVG's Late Night Dominion Twitch TV show had a dev guest last week). You can find a pretty good list of fansites (that we're expanding) at http://onnex.us/WSFansites (also at the top of the main forum list under Community).

Of course, I run the site here with Team Mod so I'll leave any judgement calls as to WSC being the "main" site to the community.
  3. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Well I understand the quote "diplomatic answer" on being the main site, but thats sort of what my example of MMO-C was, there really is no other site, popular or not, that puts up so much official information on both front page and forums.
    So I just wondered if this site has or intends to have something similar to that, its ok if it doesn't, I just know that MMO-C won't be doing that for this game.