1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What are you playing to pass the time?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Grimnar40k, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

I just replied to another thread and it just hit me... I'm bored out of my freaking mind right now waiting on Wildstar and need some fun game(s) to pass the time. I've played so many and none of them seem to be able to hold my attention for more than a day or two at most.
    Chim, Balgoss and Witless like this.
  2. AimLock

AimLock Cupcake

Just got shogun 2 Total war on steam for $10 ! should last me till show time with any luck :)
  3. Zellfel

Zellfel Cupcake-About-Town

TERA. Just got Torchlight 2 on Steam so I'll sink some time on that too.
    Yeti likes this.
  4. Grimnar40k

I actually just downloaded Tera 2 days ago and SMITE yesterday. Thought it'd help me get into the style of combat as we get closer to launch. Tera so far really has not impressed me at all and for action combat it still feels pretty clunky at times.(instant casts rooting you for example) Smite on the other hand far exceeded my expectations and I can see myself playing a lot of it coming up.

My favorite action combat of all time is still Warhammer 40k Space Marine. I still to this day don't fully understand how that game didn't do much better. Absolutely seemless transition from shooting to melee with all the mobility and perks. The combat is absolutely amazing in every way from melee to skirmish to long range heavy. Great game. Just too bad when I log in on Steam I can't hardly find a full game to get into and play. =(
  5. lochness

lochness New Cupcake

Beta testing FF XIV and playing mostly World of Tanks just to get the time to pass until WC comes :)
  6. Grimnar40k

FF releases Aug 27th right? I may have to try that out if we don't have Wildstar release date by then which I can't imagine with the holidays coming up shortly after. If not by then we will probably have to wait for 2014. =(
  7. lochness

lochness New Cupcake

Yes... FF XIV is realy good... Like that u can combo 2 classes to get a job class. I did get CE FFXIV so i can play it until WC releases.. Dont think i get in to WC Beta..
  8. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

So far i know beta is week-ends only. Unless that changed for special pre-orders.

The game is alright, plenty to do but it's still tab targeting and so that might turn several people off.
  9. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

Nothing actually makes me to get motivated at the moment.
    Tried Rift.Bored after some time.
    Tried playing some racing,RPG games and nothing amuses me!

Hopefully i will find again the time to play more SC2
  10. kongpong

kongpong Cupcake

LOTRO, SWTOR, Rift but mainly talking in general chat channels promoting Wildstar!
    I know when ask if I am employed by Carbine that I have done my duty for the day.
  11. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Been doing WoW for a while now.

May stay around for the next patch to see virtual realms, flex raiding premades with openraid.us, proving grounds, since it should not be so far away, but currently most I am doing is work on my pet stable by catching wild ones and soloing retro raids for the raiding with leashes pets :p

Also working on legendary quest chain for my characters in order of alt priority, since both my mains have it already.

I resigned from our raid roster this weekend. It is getting harder and harder getting on at 3.25 AM to participate, when not everyone else shows up on time - and that is only 10 man, would hate to see it for 40 man. On that I can only comment that casual should not mean ignoring schedules, if one signs up, one shows up, on time. I know, I am done myself, when I can't find incentive to get out of bed to see if there is a raid starting or not, which happened last Saturday.

Dabbled a little in the brawler's guild last weekend too, got to rank 4 without much pain. It's kinda fun, but not something I would find myself doing as a repeatable event.
  12. lochness

lochness New Cupcake

Yes and no... They had 3 weekends and last one whent for 5 days.. They are about to have fue more then its headstart (1 week before launsh).. Fue classes isent in yet but soon will be and all classes/job's will be in the game at launsh.
  13. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

How the heck are you bored with the sheer number of good titles that have come out in the last year alone? Seriously? Especially in the middle of the summer sale extraveganza.

As for FF14, endgame has potential, but leveling sucks balls. :(
  14. vicksen

vicksen Cupcake

Super Mario Galaxy 2! Brushing up on my platforming skills:D
  15. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Playing gw2 again - my time away has made me appreciate jumping puzzles all over again - seriously considering explorer instead of settler - that new zone gw2 just implemented is awesome for jumping.

also of course random games on the side for my single player needs: borderlands2, skyrim, fallout3, dishonored - nom nom nom steam sale.
  16. FoolishLobster

FoolishLobster Cupcake

Smite and FF14: ARR when it comes out woop woop.
  17. Sallace

Sallace New Cupcake

Cube World :D
  18. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

ARR beta and WvW in GW2. Basically just stopped beta, which is good since it is basically over until phase 4, and will play it on release.

Sadly I live in the country and my internet is when I tether my phone. 5GB a month is fine when playing games or surfing. Any streaming or downloads is simply out of the question, so that limit's what I can choose to play.
  19. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes (not the original Fallen Enchantress) is actually pretty good. Sort of like Civ with player controlled combat. You can custom build your races from scratch or play a pre-rolled one. Get from Steam. Currently still on sale, I think.
  20. Googol

Googol New Cupcake

Tera, deadpool, Leisure Suit Larry 1-6 wil keep me busy for a good while