1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What class would you recommend for me?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by KittyTheSnowCat, Mar 21, 2014.

1. KittyTheSnowCat

KittyTheSnowCat New Cupcake

Hello Wildstar-experts,
    I'm really complicated when it comes to classes, so I thought maybe you could give me a recommendation =)
    I played LOTRO for a long time and my favorite classes were the burglar and the warden. I liked that you needed to think about what abilities to use when, to be effective and not only simply klick 1 or two buttons all the time. Now in Wildstar with the telegraph system you always have to be watch out and realise what your opponent is doing and i love that, but it also causes me to not totally hate any of the classes which makes it harder to pick. In other games I also picked the think about what you're doing classes, except in Guild wars, where for some reason I likes the guardian with a Greatsword and a Mace/Shield combination best, I liked switching between protecting someone and dealing damage, but i normally don't play tanks.
    I hope some of you have an idea what i should try
    Thanks in advance and a lot of fun this weekend
    Kitty
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Begin with:
    1. Warrior (or stalker first)
    2. Stalker
    3. Engineer
    4. Medic
    5. SS
    6. Esper

I still tell you to try them all, but this seems to be the classes that would ''fit'' you a bit more then the others.

Why these?
    You seem to favour melee
    You seem to favor classes that have some kind of survivability (semi tanks)
    You seem to favor someone who can be a tank aswell
    You don't seem to favour any healing class hence why engineer scores higher then the medic, these may be changed if you do like healing classes.
    I said warrior first because it seems that you prefer non-stealthed melee classes above stealthed ones. Although in WS the stalker can be a tank aswell (or build tanky) so he scores high aswell.
  3. KittyTheSnowCat

4. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think eventually you might find that you enjoy Medic.

Medic is 'medium range', which is actually pretty close to melee most of the time. They can inflict good damage, but have a lot of options for healing and buffing. Plus Medic's have abilities that allow them to heal and attack. Say you are on a team and your team has a healer. You can use an ability called Dual Shock that damages every target in it's frontal telegraph while healing your allies in the same arc as well as yourself.

Likewise, you wear medium armor. Not as light and flimsy and Spellslinger and Esper. You also have the greatest mobility of the classes. Essentially you are a melee ranged DPS/Healer. Tanks will love you because some of your attacks have a sideffect of healing them.

Play yourself as a DPS character and off healer. Your Dual Shock does great damage and can still path up boo-boos. You also have the ability to restore shields which few healers in wildstar can do. All of that will greatly increase your personal survivability.
  5. KittyTheSnowCat

I tried out the Medic this weekend and I loved it =)
    I also shortly tried out the warrior, which was fine, but I loved healing with the medic, because I always had to watch where everyone was and watch the healthbars and manage my focus wooooo =)
    I will try out something else next beta weekend
    Thank you for your help =)
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Just another example that shows us that playing a ''class/role'' in another game can completely change in other games :coffee:

Hence why I always say: ''Try them all!''
  7. Domi Dayglow

Most of my weekend I spent with my esper, but Medic was also my second choice and I loved it too! My little medic only made it to level 10 while my Esper made it to 17. Esper will still be my main, but Medic will be my secondary character.

By the way you should look on Curse. There are several addons there to make healing easier. (Their website it located at: http://www.curse.com/

The next weekend you could try out the Engineer. The engineer is DPS/Tank. However it also doubles as Wildstar's pet class with it's robots. They also have an ability called "Recursive Matrix". It creates a large field around you that increases defense of everyone inside. There's also a later game ability that blinds foes.

For more fun information on classes and their abilities check out the builder at: http://ws-base.com/
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I must be psychic, 'cuz I barely read anything in here and what came to mind was 'Medic'.

Maybe I can make this gig into a business...
  9. Domi Dayglow

Tell me my future! Read my palm! What am I thinking right now?
  10. Ilmari

Ilmari New Cupcake

Play the cook, seriously.

Everyone needs a good cook, you won't regret it!
  11. Credz

Credz New Cupcake

It's hard to say on what you would like considering how the game just is. A different combat system and you could totally like another play style. If you are going for the sneaky sneaky approach I definitely say you should play a Stalker. Or if you want to be the strong badass, I'd say play the Warrior. Warrior are currently pretty strong with the stance that decreases armor and increases DPS, they also play a very good role for tanking, which you said you didn't mind. Overall this game is different and based on that, it's your opinion.
  12. wildstarplatinum

wildstarplatinum New Cupcake

Spellslinger
    “Spellslingers are deadly and dangerous pistoleers, often found beyond the Fringe working as bounty hunters, bodyguards, and guns-for-hire.” – From Wiki.
    I think I will Choose Spellslinger, it is more fun.